My Pet Collection
You've collected 0 pets
Log in to track your collection

Mini Jousters - Who remembers?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
User avatar
Abashera
 
Posts: 258
Joined: September 14th, 2013
Pet Score: 3114
Realm: Hyjal-US

Mini Jousters - Who remembers?

Postby Abashera » December 1st, 2014, 8:03 pm

Does anyone else remember that the Mini Jousters used to have little men flying on their backs, like in the game Joust?

I remember remarking on it to my sister back in Cata, and how it would be really awesome if they could actually joust each other. But aside from my sister, no one else I mention it to seems to remember the little guys on their backs.

I was wondering WHY Blizzard removed the jousters. Perhaps they had trouble with the company that created Joust. (?) Whatever reason they changed it, it's too bad—they were really unique; now... they're just birds.

EDIT: Hmmm, even the page here has the old model.

http://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pets/fl ... i-jouster/

http://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pets/fl ... i-jouster/

User avatar
Peanutty
 
Posts: 1102
Joined: May 3rd, 2011
Pet Score: 5100
BattleTag®: PBCup#1312
Realm: Kil'jaeden-US

Re: Mini Jousters - Who remembers?

Postby Peanutty » December 1st, 2014, 8:11 pm

The little doll is still on their backs when you summon them, but I don't recall if they were ever in the pet journal preview.

User avatar
Abashera
 
Posts: 258
Joined: September 14th, 2013
Pet Score: 3114
Realm: Hyjal-US

Re: Mini Jousters - Who remembers?

Postby Abashera » December 1st, 2014, 8:48 pm

Peanutty wrote:The little doll is still on their backs when you summon them, but I don't recall if they were ever in the pet journal preview.


Wow, you know I saw that in the journal they don't have the jousters, and so I thought Blizz just got rid of them. In my disappointment I never thought to summon one. DERP! lol

I wonder what form they take in battle? One of mine is lvl 5, and the other lvl 1.

I wish Blizz had given them a few unique abilities. Their abilities aren't any different than numerous other birds. You would have thought they would have abilities based on jousting or something, with really cool ability names.

User avatar
Graven
 
Posts: 549
Joined: October 31st, 2008
Pet Score: 4569
Realm: Terenas-EU

Re: Mini Jousters - Who remembers?

Postby Graven » December 2nd, 2014, 3:26 pm

Yea I always thought they were a bit of an odd pet. They are called jousters but they are really just regular birds with rag dolls tied to them. If anything, the doll would be the jouster (if they weren't just rag dolls that can't do anything). :D

User avatar
Peanutty
 
Posts: 1102
Joined: May 3rd, 2011
Pet Score: 5100
BattleTag®: PBCup#1312
Realm: Kil'jaeden-US

Re: Mini Jousters - Who remembers?

Postby Peanutty » December 3rd, 2014, 4:50 am

Abashera wrote:
Peanutty wrote:The little doll is still on their backs when you summon them, but I don't recall if they were ever in the pet journal preview.


Wow, you know I saw that in the journal they don't have the jousters, and so I thought Blizz just got rid of them. In my disappointment I never thought to summon one. DERP! lol

I wonder what form they take in battle? One of mine is lvl 5, and the other lvl 1


Interestingly in battle, there's no rag doll on them. It only shows up while it is by your side.

User avatar
TippyKitt
 
Posts: 64
Joined: December 10th, 2009
Pet Score: 2614
Realm: Arthas-US

Re: Mini Jousters - Who remembers?

Postby TippyKitt » December 4th, 2014, 1:29 am

Peanutty wrote:
Abashera wrote:
Peanutty wrote:The little doll is still on their backs when you summon them, but I don't recall if they were ever in the pet journal preview.


Wow, you know I saw that in the journal they don't have the jousters, and so I thought Blizz just got rid of them. In my disappointment I never thought to summon one. DERP! lol

I wonder what form they take in battle? One of mine is lvl 5, and the other lvl 1


Interestingly in battle, there's no rag doll on them. It only shows up while it is by your side.


The same thing happens with the Infested Bear Cub. In battle and in the journal (and even previewed here) it dosn't have the spider eggs on its back. But when you summon it outside battle it has them. I think there are a few more like this but I cant remember which ones.

User avatar
Kendrah
MVP
 
Posts: 372
Joined: June 26th, 2013
Pet Score: 4763
Realm: Thrall-US

Re: Mini Jousters - Who remembers?

Postby Kendrah » December 4th, 2014, 8:55 am

TippyKitt wrote:The same thing happens with the Infested Bear Cub. In battle and in the journal (and even previewed here) it dosn't have the spider eggs on its back. But when you summon it outside battle it has them. I think there are a few more like this but I cant remember which ones.


Well, in the case of the bear cub, thank gawd. That's so nasty. :lol: I use it only in pet battles because that egg sack just freaks me out when it's following me. /shudder


Return to Pet Collecting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests