Pygmy Cow Questions

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Whitemage87
Top Rater
Pet Score:3773
Realm:Daggerspine-us
Pygmy Cow Questions

Post by Whitemage87 » November 26th, 2014, 11:20 pm

I just got my Pygmy cow, and I noticed that it can have more than one breed... so I had a few questions:

1) Can the Glass of Warm milk spawn/be looted more than once? (There by ending up with more than 1 cow)
and also
2) If it can respawn, can a visitor to your garrison loot it, or is the garrison owner the only one?

Blixtiya
Pet Score:10423
Realm:Madoran-us

Re: Pygmy Cow Questions

Post by Blixtiya » November 26th, 2014, 11:27 pm

already lv3 barn? dayum. I havent gotten close yet, about halfway, so knowing the answers by then would be nice.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » November 27th, 2014, 12:04 am

Whitemage87 wrote: 1) Can the Glass of Warm milk spawn/be looted more than once? (There by ending up with more than 1 cow)
and also
I don't think so since most items/treasures in WoD can only be looted once per character. While on beta I saw the mug spawn a few times (on the second floor), but it was never clickable for me after I looted the pet.
Whitemage87 wrote:2) If it can respawn, can a visitor to your garrison loot it, or is the garrison owner the only one?
Other players can't interact with most of your garrison, so I don't think they can loot the pet from your Barn. Might require some testing, though!
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Whitemage87
Top Rater
Pet Score:3773
Realm:Daggerspine-us

Post by Whitemage87 » November 27th, 2014, 2:16 am

Thank you very much for the quick answers.

I just had it spawn a second time (On the 2nd floor this time, instead of down stairs) and I was not able to click it again, and neither was my husband...

Which is a little irritating since it has more than one breed.. though I suppose if I got my other characters lvl 3 barns, they could loot them from their own barns, and maybe I'd get a P/P cow instead of P/H.

Wilken
Pet Score:6748
BattleTag®:McNuggit#1470
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Wilken » November 27th, 2014, 3:34 am

Remember savage bloods are BOE so it might be worth it to get a lvl 3 barn on alts anyway :)

GrosBonda
Pet Score:10429
BattleTag®:Grosbonda#1406
Realm:Arygos-us

Post by GrosBonda » November 28th, 2014, 9:28 am

Quintessence wrote:
Whitemage87 wrote:2) If it can respawn, can a visitor to your garrison loot it, or is the garrison owner the only one?
Other players can't interact with most of your garrison, so I don't think they can loot the pet from your Barn. Might require some testing, though!
Agree with Quintessence ,
But Yesterday with the Pet daily we had (lvl 2 menagerie) , and the fact it was a very easy combo to beat with 2 pets ....
i said in my head would be nice to work multiple with one battle : it would be fun .....
So sure enough i ask a friend with a lvl 2 menagerie to invite my alt in a group , and go in his garrison.....
i was able to see/fight/defeat and get reward from [pet]Jahan[/pet], [pet]Samm[/pet], [pet]Archimedes[/pet]

so You can still interact with some part of the leader garrison......

Dasaq
Top Rater
Pet Score:8012
BattleTag®:Dasaq#1184
Realm:Bleeding Hollow-us

Post by Dasaq » November 28th, 2014, 10:52 am

People invited into your garrison are unable to loot the Pygmy Cow. Tested it out yesterday with multiple friends.

GrosBonda

Post by GrosBonda » November 28th, 2014, 5:30 pm

Dasaq wrote:People invited into your garrison are unable to loot the Pygmy Cow. Tested it out yesterday with multiple friends.
excellent
good to know....

Abutabah
MVP
Pet Score:6771
Realm:Lightbringer-us

Post by Abutabah » December 1st, 2014, 12:58 pm

I looted my pygmy cow this morning, spawned right after I finished building my level 3 barn. The only breed listing for it atm is H/P. I think some of the addons were updated for new breed info.

Sedaii
MVP
Pet Score:8199
BattleTag®:Sedaii#1645
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Pygmy Cow Questions - Horde

Post by Sedaii » December 8th, 2014, 10:05 am

I finished my level 3 barn last night on an alt and was very excited to loot my glass of milk for the cow! Here are a couple of notes that may help others. Credit: Cymre Jones video- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpQl3LiQ_go

It seems Horde have a bit trickier time getting to the Glass of Milk. When I first built it, the building was situated between the back gate and the own Hall. To make it easier to get to the second floor, I used the Architect Table and dragged it over to the space at the top right of the map, near the hill. Then I was able to use the glider to get to the roof.

When I finally got there, the glass wasn't anywhere to be found. I went back to Cymre's excellent video and read the comments below, and found another person had the same problem, to which Cymre replied, "The warm glass of milk can spawn on the ground floor as well so be sure to check both places. Apparently having a follower assigned can interfere with the spawn so try removing them from the building to see if that helps"

I removed my follower, went back to the second floor and it was sitting right where she showed it :D

Many, many thanks to Cymre <3
Sedaii#1645

Find me on Madoran:

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » December 8th, 2014, 2:06 pm

I got mine the other day, a couple days after building my lvl 3 barn and it was on the lower floor of my barn (horde). I'm a leather worker so I was planning to keep the barn anyway so I wasn't in a hurry to try to get it off the third floor.

GrosBonda

Post by GrosBonda » December 8th, 2014, 10:52 pm

Kpb321 wrote:I got mine the other day, a couple days after building my lvl 3 barn and it was on the lower floor of my barn (horde). I'm a leather worker so I was planning to keep the barn anyway so I wasn't in a hurry to try to get it off the third floor.
mine was on main floor same day i upgrade to lvl3....
mug still respawn tho.. but not clickable...

Cymre
MVP
Pet Score:13607
Realm:Dath'Remar-us

Re: Pygmy Cow Questions - Horde

Post by Cymre » April 7th, 2016, 10:12 am

Sedaii wrote:I finished my level 3 barn last night on an alt and was very excited to loot my glass of milk for the cow! Here are a couple of notes that may help others. Credit: Cymre Jones video- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpQl3LiQ_go

It seems Horde have a bit trickier time getting to the Glass of Milk. When I first built it, the building was situated between the back gate and the own Hall. To make it easier to get to the second floor, I used the Architect Table and dragged it over to the space at the top right of the map, near the hill. Then I was able to use the glider to get to the roof.

When I finally got there, the glass wasn't anywhere to be found. I went back to Cymre's excellent video and read the comments below, and found another person had the same problem, to which Cymre replied, "The warm glass of milk can spawn on the ground floor as well so be sure to check both places. Apparently having a follower assigned can interfere with the spawn so try removing them from the building to see if that helps"

I removed my follower, went back to the second floor and it was sitting right where she showed it :D

Many, many thanks to Cymre <3
Glad my video helped :)
Blogger, YouTuber and Pet Tamer

Dakaf
MVP
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-us

Post by Dakaf » April 8th, 2016, 4:32 am

Holy thread necro batman! Lol, glad the older stuff is still being useful to people!
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD