WOD pet changed when I caged it!

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Brianbucks
Pet Score:7154
Realm:Khadgar-us
WOD pet changed when I caged it!

Post by Brianbucks » November 17th, 2014, 5:38 pm

Hey anyone notice this? I just tamed a WOD pet a Twilight Wasp and I saw I could cage it and since I had just gotten a Blue Rare one I caged a green one thinking I could trade it or sell it and when I caged it it became a Undercity Cockroach???? WTF LOL What is that is that what it does??? Does it do it ranomly or something? Does this happen to any wild caught pet now?

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: WOD pet changed when I caged it!

Post by Quintessence » November 17th, 2014, 5:59 pm

You can't cage wild pets, and if the Pet Journal allowed you to do so, it was a bug.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Brianbucks
Pet Score:7154
Realm:Khadgar-us

Post by Brianbucks » November 17th, 2014, 7:11 pm

Yeah I know you cant cage a wild caught animal but for some reason it DID it and it was obviously one of the many glitches we have enjoyed so far it was just so weird since I KNEW you arent SUPPOSED to cage them and then do be able to and it became a DIFFERENT PET was so weird LOL I just guess I wondered if anyone else had it happen LOL Totally strange! When I went back to look I couldnt cage any more of the same thing LOL

Wakamaru
MVP
Pet Score:12165
BattleTag®:Wakamaru#1375
Realm:Bladefist-us

Post by Wakamaru » November 17th, 2014, 7:17 pm

On occasion when I have searched for certain pets in my pet journal, using the search feature, I'll find what I'm looking for - but after a moment the pets shown in the results will change icons and names. The searched pet is still there, but for some reason another pet will display in its place. I've noticed this a lot when caging pets.

I encountered this frequently when leveling my pets since I was in my pet journal often.

I always assumed it was an error with one of my pet-based addons. Perhaps something similar happened for you?
@TamerWakamaru

Kring
Pet Score:6755
BattleTag®:scrufola#2941
Realm:Kargath-eu

Post by Kring » November 18th, 2014, 4:29 am

Wakamaru wrote:On occasion when I have searched for certain pets in my pet journal, using the search feature, I'll find what I'm looking for - but after a moment the pets shown in the results will change icons and names. The searched pet is still there, but for some reason another pet will display in its place. I've noticed this a lot when caging pets.
I've noticed that too.

OP, check that you still have your Undercity Cockroach before getting rid of the caged one.