Anyone got a Shadow Sporebat yet?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Index
Pet Score:12739
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu
Re: Anyone got a Shadow Sporebat yet?

Post by Index » November 18th, 2014, 4:30 am

Been checking this very small area morning noon and night. So far all I've seen is snails :( I do hope this isn't going to be Minfernal 2.0...

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Kendrah » November 18th, 2014, 8:46 am

I haven't seen any battle pets in the area at all, save just now after a server reset and now there are only the snails. :(

Killerkarl
Pet Score:13815
Realm:Sen'jin-us

Post by Killerkarl » November 18th, 2014, 9:12 am

I was there this morning after the server restart and was able to get one.

Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Kel » November 18th, 2014, 11:19 am

Killerkarl wrote:I was there this morning after the server restart and was able to get one.
Same here!
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

Kendrah
MVP

Post by Kendrah » November 18th, 2014, 11:50 am

Killerkarl wrote:I was there this morning after the server restart and was able to get one.
There weren't any up for me but there's another server restart so here's my second chance. :lol:

Comemore
Pet Score:3370
Realm:Twilight's Hammer-eu

Post by Comemore » November 18th, 2014, 1:00 pm

Got my first one a few days ago.
got second one today- rare, on the same place- however it was a little highter up, so I had to jump off the cliff( where the portal is, instead of going through it), and land on the waterfall. I have only seen B/B ones, my addon says there are supposed to be H/H as well, so I will continue farming them.
Some people were speculating about time of the day thing, related to these pets- one of them I found now (6:50 pm CET), the first one I found early morning, so it doesnt seem to be affected by the time of the day.
Also, only killing the critters in the area will not help these pets spawn- I have tried, I think it's like with pandaria pets - there is a certain number of pets on the map, and if you only kill the critters, when they spawn- they will spawn as critters again, unless somebody else is killing battle pets.

Index
Pet Score:12739
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Index » November 18th, 2014, 2:29 pm

Just got mine, Azjol EU

There were 4 up in total, none of them rare, and as it's likely not going to see battle I wasn't too fussed about the breed but it was nice to see them lil' green pawz!!

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13632
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » November 19th, 2014, 3:18 am

Feeling dumb, three days of going druid kitty so I could survive the fall, caught on that there's portal next to Zangarra FP that takes you down to Khadgar's place at bottom.

Jyru
Pet Score:2324
Realm:Emerald Dream-us

Post by Jyru » November 19th, 2014, 5:09 am

Ranok wrote:Feeling dumb, three days of going druid kitty so I could survive the fall, caught on that there's portal next to Zangarra FP that takes you down to Khadgar's place at bottom.
Ha! I kept hearing people saying they're dropping down the cliff next to the Flight Master and i kept thinking, why are they doing that is it some sort of trick? Or maybe he spawns on a mid ledge!

I don't think you're alone!

Kendrah
MVP

Post by Kendrah » November 19th, 2014, 7:33 am

Finally caught one! Poor quality but whatever. No more dying when running around that hell-hole. For what it's worth, I found it in the cave and that was directly after a server reset. I've noticed that no pets tended to be up when I went there except right after a reset so I'm thinking it's probably a bug. While I could imagine the Sporebat being on a timer, I can't imagine the snails would be too.

Mantrhax
Top Rater
Pet Score:4076
BattleTag®:Mantrhax#1413
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by Mantrhax » November 19th, 2014, 9:20 am

Got one at 12:45am , looks like they like the night, well ,Shadow uh ?

Lissibith
Pet Score:4929
Realm:Arathor-us

Post by Lissibith » November 20th, 2014, 9:28 am

I got mine on Saturday, I think. I'm another who hopped down the waterfall to get to the lone spawn that was up. It was a gray, but I figured eh, I'll catch it for the safari achieve and can come back looking later for another.

So I catch it, and as I come out of the fight, I get awarded a Flying Battle Stone. Figured it was fate, so I now have a little blue H/H :)

GrosBonda
Pet Score:10429
BattleTag®:Grosbonda#1406
Realm:Arygos-us

Post by GrosBonda » November 20th, 2014, 12:10 pm

there is 2 on my server now
both grey ping me if you want a crz trip :)

Morlis
MVP
Pet Score:13720
BattleTag®:Morlis#1799
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Morlis » November 20th, 2014, 12:24 pm

Got mine on Kael'thas this morning at 8:30 am Central time. Which is server time on that server as well. Last one I needed for the achievement.

I don't think it will be as bad as the Minfernal but it does seem to be a very slow spawn.

There were 4 up with about 5 snails as well. all were common or poor, so I just stoned the one I tamed, since I had 4 of the flight stones left over from doing the pandaren tamers as often as I did.
  • Morlis Alliance Kael'Thus 60 Shadow Priest (main account)
  • Morlis Horde Madoran 60 Beast Master Hunter (main account)
  • Altuno Horde Madoran 60 Vengeance Demon Hunter (main account)
  • Vandì Horde Madoran 60 Arcane Mage (alt account)

Stormseeker
Top Rater
Pet Score:6801
BattleTag®:Stormseeker#1145
Realm:Anvilmar-us

Post by Stormseeker » November 20th, 2014, 5:41 pm

Finally got mine earlier today when i went to turn i quest to get my 680 ring. I'll take that as my reward for getting those apexis crystals. :D Poor quality but whatever it got me my [pet]Royal Peacock[/pet] so I'm happy. Found him down near the entrance to the cave. Only him and a snail up near the dueling mages were up. I haven't been checking super often but at least 2-3 times a day if i have time to be on and I've only seen one or two snails before so like everyone else is saying this is a rather rare pet but haven't seen people camping for it... yet. Good luck to those still looking for it!

Lakestone
Pet Score:5196
BattleTag®:Lakestone#2247
Realm:Blade's Edge-eu

Post by Lakestone » November 22nd, 2014, 7:37 am

Found mine yesterday afternoon (around 14.00 CET), poor (H/H) but who cares 8-)
Jumped off the cliff and died :lol: but landed next to it so it was easy to catch it when i came back.
It's the first one i see on my server when I'm passing by, acctually i don't remember seeing other pets either :?

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » November 24th, 2014, 6:59 am

I've still not had any luck with this one. It's the last one I need for Safari but I've not seen anything on my regular trips down there to have a look. :?
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Linaomine
Pet Score:8585
BattleTag®:jrevenge#1115
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Linaomine » November 24th, 2014, 10:20 am

Mehetabel wrote:I've still not had any luck with this one. It's the last one I need for Safari but I've not seen anything on my regular trips down there to have a look. :?
What I did was use the LFG tool and look for people doing rare or apexis farms or the apexis dailies, basically large groups of people that wont miss me. I did a quick sweep of the area and then dropped group and found the next volunteers. Not sure what kind of server you are on but be weary because you could get pvp ones. I found a sporebat on a pvp realm and didn't realize and they knocked me out of the battle so their buddy could grab it and proceeded to kill me. I was reminded why I switched to pve.

Jestergl
Pet Score:2512
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Jestergl » November 25th, 2014, 7:06 pm

They spawn during the "shadow" hours. As far as I can tell, a first batch spawn around 1 am and around 6 am. You can kill all the critter you want, no pet battle outside of these hours. The canyon was full of snail at 6 am, with 3 sporebats.

Celya
Top Rater
Pet Score:4103
Realm:Steamwheedle Cartel-eu

Post by Celya » November 27th, 2014, 1:02 am

I got one today at 06h50 server time, after checking several days in a row at roughly the same time. There were 2 up at the area near No'losh, one poor, one uncommon, and 2 snails. It wasn't night, but it was raining. Prior to this I had seen only snails in this area, and I kept checking but never saw the Sporebat as a secondary pet.