Pets impossible to get anymore

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Avo
Pet Score:6188
Realm:Shadowsong-eu
Pets impossible to get anymore

Post by Avo » November 7th, 2014, 9:00 am

Hello everyone!

I love collecting pets. So far I thought I would some day have the chance of getting all the pets (yes I know pets like Murky are extremely expensive, but I still like the idea of being able to get them if I win the lottery or something). But I see that I'm missing the 5th anniversary pet, the "Onyxia Whelpling" - That currently (maybe along with Gurky?) seems to be the only pets I will never ever be able to get the chance of getting, no matter how much money or time I throw at my screen and that makes my poor OCD-genes suffer.
I guess I should just be kinda content being able to get most, but not all, of the pets in time, but it's hard for me to accept! - Have anyone ever gotten one of those pets? (I read about a person who got a gift voucher for classic CE edition pets because his account got hacked, but I guess that's not quite the same).

I don't even know what I'm asking, I guess I just want to vent that its' sad never to be able to get 100% of the pets, and see if anyone have just a tiny bit of hope for me. :D

Morlis
MVP
Pet Score:13720
BattleTag®:Morlis#1799
Realm:Madoran-us

Re: Pets impossible to get anymore

Post by Morlis » November 7th, 2014, 10:44 am

[pet]Vampiric Batling[/pet] is on the list for me as well, said list includes the 2 you mentioned and a couple others.

I was playing then but wasn't part of guild that could pull off the raid to get the Batling, my guild at the time was me and 2 friends who liked to play together. Though my passion for pets was not really present at the time or I might have pursued joining a guild that was active. :(

Hindsight is 20/20. :roll:

Wish I could offer some hope, but I don't see any myself.
  • Morlis Alliance Kael'Thus 60 Shadow Priest (main account)
  • Morlis Horde Madoran 60 Beast Master Hunter (main account)
  • Altuno Horde Madoran 60 Vengeance Demon Hunter (main account)
  • Vandì Horde Madoran 60 Arcane Mage (alt account)

Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Gwenolyn » November 7th, 2014, 2:19 pm

Spirit of Competition is unobtainable now.

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » November 7th, 2014, 2:52 pm

Morlis wrote:[pet]Vampiric Batling[/pet] is on the list for me as well, said list includes the 2 you mentioned and a couple others.

I was playing then but wasn't part of guild that could pull off the raid to get the Batling
Exactly the same for me, regarding the batling. I wasn't raiding at all back then, but now I wish I'd tried harder to get into a Kara pickup for the pet.

I guess some of the others I have kind of make up for it though. I'm lucky enough to have the Spirit of Competition, Baby Blizzard Bear and Onyxian Whelpling. I think Mr. Chilly is also not possible to get any more?

It'd be nice if they brought some of these pets back and made them possible to collect again (preferably by in-game means and not just RAF hehe).

Avo
Pet Score:6188
Realm:Shadowsong-eu

Post by Avo » November 7th, 2014, 6:14 pm

Graven wrote:It'd be nice if they brought some of these pets back and made them possible to collect again (preferably by in-game means and not just RAF hehe).
To be honest, I'd take any way. I know the people who already have the pets wouldn't like it, but I think Blizz really should put it up, maybe as charity-ish pets, ingame shop pets, or something extremely hard to get. I'm really against having things like this in the game that is not at all possible to get anymore - Even black market auction house (even though I hate it because I would never have enough gold) would be better than nothing.

Shikon01
MVP
Pet Score:2668
Realm:Silvermoon-us

Post by Shikon01 » November 8th, 2014, 7:38 am

I know the feeling, I wish my son had not deleted or sold his account from 2005, it would be worth a fortune now lol !! Its terrible to say but when he was unemployed he would level toons and equip them in top of the line everything and sell them. :twisted: Yesterday, I went to redeem a spellbook at STV and finally caught it raining to get my baby ape so can check that off my list. Like you, there's some pets we will probably never get to fill that gap and its frustrating :ugeek:

Corah
Pet Score:13318
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Corah » November 9th, 2014, 5:35 pm

I have two extra [pet]vampiric batling[/pet] waiting for the day when/if Blizzard makes them cageable :)

Abashera
Pet Score:3114
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Abashera » November 10th, 2014, 8:27 am

I don't know if you have a S/S Gilnean Raven, but if you don't, here's some hope for you.

I told a friend collector that I had been searching the AH every day for one. He responded that he doubts I'll ever see one. But my reasoning is that not everyone is interested in breeds, or has the add-ons to see the difference in breeds, and some day someone may get a second Raven, and put his S/S up on the AH not knowing which is which.

And that's what happened. One day I looked, and there it was! It was going about 7k, but that price wasn't any different than any of the other ones on my Horde AH. I don't believe the seller knew what he had. I did the fastest alt-jumping you'd ever seen to gather gold from my alts. That was this year that I found her.

So keep your eyes pealed for that S/S Gilnean. It's a long shot, but it's not impossible.

Then there's always the possibility that if you post on the forums that you're looking for one, someone who doesn't care about breeds may sell you one for a few hundred gold. DON'T LOOK AT ME THOUGH! :P

(P.S. People who list their Vamperic Batling as a suggested battle-pet for tamer fights, and say "Use a Vamperic Batling (but any bat will do)," are only showing off their prize. They know that their advice is utterly useless to 99.9% of the wow population, and that a Vamperic Batling is undead, and not the same as "any other bat." I just had to vent that.)

Iibis
Pet Score:4297
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Iibis » November 10th, 2014, 2:33 pm

I found a lvl 25 rare S/S Gilnean Raven from our server for 5k. It was a miracle within a miracle within a miracle within a miracle, as it was on the alliance before the AH merge and we only had ~7k on that side. My boyfriend bought it and he still has it as he still doesn't have a S/S Crow. Sigh. I doubt I'll see a S/S Gilnean Raven ever again in our server. I think it's silly that they suddenly removed breeds, especially from a tradeable pet.

Edit. I decided to go to another server where some of my old alts are. I remembered seeing one for 20k a couple of days back. Now it was 4k. I quickly posted a list of lvl 25 rare pets I could sell for 4k and got the money, and now it's mine. x) The Undermine Journal also shows that it's currently on AH in a couple of realms. Some cheap ones as well.

Goldash
Pet Score:4825
BattleTag®:Insane#1813
Realm:Barthilas-us

Post by Goldash » November 10th, 2014, 4:30 pm

Gwenolyn wrote:Spirit of Competition is unobtainable now.
Blizzard said this would return and I am going to hold them to that and bring it up on every occasion I can find for it. Every 2years it will return.....

[pet]Baby Blizzard Bear[/pet] is unobtainable. Much to my wife's disappointment.

Milkywind
Pet Score:3314
Realm:Gorgonnash-us

Post by Milkywind » November 12th, 2014, 6:37 am

arghhhh

I'm missing Onyxia Whelpling too! What's even more stupid was I was SUBSCRIBED at the time, but I just did not log on, on the anniversary date. And I have still have proof/receipt for that subscribed month.

=(

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » November 12th, 2014, 12:07 pm

Same here. I missed the spirit of Competition. I know I was playing at the time because I've been playing since Vanilla and never really took a break but PvP wasn't ever really my thing and I wasn't into pets when they were just cosmetic and took up bag space.

Abashera
Pet Score:3114
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Abashera » November 13th, 2014, 1:35 am

I have the Onyxia Whelpling. But frankly I would trade it for a Vamperic battling. Way more cool IMO.

Tarsin
Pet Score:3699
Realm:Dethecus-eu

Post by Tarsin » November 13th, 2014, 2:22 am

Blizzard should just make ALL PETS tradeable. It's actually no big deal. The ppl who are really ambitious will never ever sell their rarest/unobtainable pets. All the others will gladly push the price to heaven... It would also get big amounts of gold out of the game (isn't thats the cause why Blizzard invented the black market AH?). In my opinion it would be a win-win situation. :geek:

I got a couple of Onyxia whelps, penguins and batlings in my bank account, because you could only add one to your collection.
(Edit says: well, one blizzard bear is waiting there too)

Whitemist
MVP
Pet Score:6836
Realm:Kazzak-eu

Post by Whitemist » November 14th, 2014, 2:35 am

Tarsin wrote:Blizzard should just make ALL PETS tradeable. It's actually no big deal.
I hope they don't even consider this until the find a permanent solution to item duplications. Watch what happend to Spectral Cub and Ethereal Trader. Can you imagine finding 50 Mini Tyrael on AH for 5k. Would ruin the properly rare pets forever.

Demiano
Pet Score:13688
BattleTag®:daemono#1210
Realm:Garithos-us

Post by Demiano » November 14th, 2014, 9:28 am

Id take a 5k mini tyreal dupe with open arms and not care one whit that everyone else had him too lol

Tarsin
Pet Score:3699
Realm:Dethecus-eu

Post by Tarsin » November 14th, 2014, 9:52 am

Onetreeheal wrote:I hope they don't even consider this until the find a permanent solution to item duplications. Watch what happend to Spectral Cub and Ethereal Trader. Can you imagine finding 50 Mini Tyrael on AH for 5k. Would ruin the properly rare pets forever.
1.)
Well yes... They should not add them to the BMAH. Just making all the actually "already in existence" pets tradeable.
So theoretically - we would just change the owners. I'm not sure if that could be so much complicated?

2.)
On the other hand, Blizzard could just sell (for gold) SOME of the not available pets. Like 100k gold each? I dunno. :geek:
Like: "Yeah, i got 600 Pets" *ding* -> "Achievement- You got access to the super secret merchant of Ox" Buy a pet of your choice for 100k - it's soulbound. FIN

:idea:
Blizzard already prooved that they have a BIG heart for pet-hunters!! Breanni's shop in Dalaran, Battle-Pets, etc...

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » November 14th, 2014, 12:08 pm

Onetreeheal wrote:
Tarsin wrote:Blizzard should just make ALL PETS tradeable. It's actually no big deal.
I hope they don't even consider this until the find a permanent solution to item duplications. Watch what happend to Spectral Cub and Ethereal Trader. Can you imagine finding 50 Mini Tyrael on AH for 5k. Would ruin the properly rare pets forever.
Since it really should be about what you enjoy and not "I only like this because no one has it", other people having it or not should be completely immaterial. I have a number of pets that are impossible for someone new to get, and if they started showing up on the AH it wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » November 14th, 2014, 1:22 pm

Tarsin wrote:Blizzard should just make ALL PETS tradeable. It's actually no big deal. The ppl who are really ambitious will never ever sell their rarest/unobtainable pets. All the others will gladly push the price to heaven... It would also get big amounts of gold out of the game (isn't thats the cause why Blizzard invented the black market AH?). In my opinion it would be a win-win situation. :geek:
They actually did this in an early MoP pre launch load (I don't remember if it was alpha or beta) but didn't like how it turned out. They made the statement along the lines that they wanted players out in the world collecting pets (and not just parked at the AH the entire time).

I would definitely be for adding pets no longer available to the game, but I don't think they will go the route of all pets cageable again.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Druzy
Pet Score:4598
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by Druzy » November 17th, 2014, 1:01 am

I'm rather proud of my collection. I'm not rich in-game nor in-life so my exclusion list reflects that (blizzcon, raf, collector editions). favorites are marked for efficiency in leveling to 25.

elitism has its place. i value my [pet]Unborn Val'kyr[/pet] because i worked hard to get her. i've spent more than i care to admit on pets at the auction house. i find pet battles to be both stimulating and relaxing at the same time as each is a little puzzle of strategy but i don't have to worry about other people's feelings.

would i love getting my hands on excluded pets, of course. would i welcome having that opportunity be a challenge based on skill and time rather than money? absolutely.

people complain, it's what we do, sometimes that complaint is actually a boast and not a wish for things to be easier.