Dupes

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Trece
Pet Score:13682
Realm:Khadgar-us
Dupes

Post by Trece » November 2nd, 2014, 7:54 pm

Just saw Viscious Horror and Dragon Kite on my realm (Khadgar) for 15K. Although I was very tempted the same guy was selling 3 of each on the AH and I still wouldn't bite because I have an uneasy feeling about it.

Wakamaru
MVP
Pet Score:12165
BattleTag®:Wakamaru#1375
Realm:Bladefist-us

Re: Dupes

Post by Wakamaru » November 2nd, 2014, 8:15 pm

I can understand how you feel! The sad part about this whole duping business is that the pet pool is so diluted now that there is no way of telling the legit pets from the duped pets IN GAME. Only way to be sure now-a-days is to scratch the card yourself or to get the drop yourself.

I don't expect this 'leak' to be plugged any time soon. If anything, I'm expecting it to get worse!
@TamerWakamaru

Trece
Pet Score:13682
Realm:Khadgar-us

Post by Trece » November 3rd, 2014, 9:38 am

I know :( I buy all my TCG pets from the TCG site because I want to know they are legit.

Well the temptation was too much. I remember someone saying that if you buy them off the AH it is better because you have record of it. Besides I am fairly sure the Viscious Horror will be required for "Raiding with Leashes 3" and I don't know when I will see a better price for it.

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » November 3rd, 2014, 12:01 pm

At this point I'd say that it is about 100% chance that those are from duping but I don't think that means that the duper was the one selling them. I was unwilling to spend the RL cash on these things so I accepted the fact that they've been duped and that I can't avoid that if I want to get the pets in game. I did get them all before the most recent duping wave pushed them down to where they are today so I paid 100k for VH etc.

Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Poofah » November 3rd, 2014, 2:52 pm

Trece wrote:I buy all my TCG pets from the TCG site because I want to know they are legit.
http://www.wowtcgloot.com/faq.htm wrote:By adding our purple colored "Instant Buy" loot codes to your cart you can purchase loot codes directly from us saving valuable time, stress, and postage money. Adding loot codes to your cart reserves them exclusively and upon successful payment your full loot codes are viewable immediently in your Invoice History. You will receive the full 25 digit promotion code only as we do not mail the physical cards.
They won't mail you the actual card. So I don't see how wowtcgloot is any more 'legit' than the pets on AH.

Anyway don't feel bad about buying a VH: it's literally impossible to verify that any particular one is 'legit'. If you buy one, it's probably duped, but that's the situation we're all in.

Jadax
Top Rater
Pet Score:9808
BattleTag®:Sunscorch#2259
Realm:Malygos-us

Post by Jadax » November 3rd, 2014, 10:13 pm

Poofah wrote:They won't mail you the actual card. So I don't see how wowtcgloot is any more 'legit' than the pets on AH.
The code came from a card... So, the pets from those codes are 100% "legit". There's no doubt about their provenance at all.

Literally the exact opposite of a duplicated pet.

Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Gwenolyn » November 3rd, 2014, 11:02 pm

Poofah wrote:They won't mail you the actual card.
I always get the card.

But for in game pets like VH... I give up...

Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Poofah » November 3rd, 2014, 11:39 pm

Jadax wrote:The code came from a card... So, the pets from those codes are 100% "legit". There's no doubt about their provenance at all.

Literally the exact opposite of a duplicated pet.
You are assuming that there was ever an actual card. They won't provide the card, so there's no proof.

Dakaf
MVP
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-us

Post by Dakaf » November 4th, 2014, 9:33 am

Duping or not, I have yet to hear of someone losing something purchased from the AH. Protect yourself and buy from there, not trade chat (unless you know or trust the person).
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD

Zinthamiss
Pet Score:4982
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Zinthamiss » November 4th, 2014, 7:43 pm

I don't believe there is any chance that blizzard will remove pets bought from AH. They tell people to buy from AH to protect themselves from being from being scammed and so on. The issue is blizzard not being able to put a stop to the problem.

About pets being sold, lets say 3x from the same person. He/she might just be moving to an new server and need some start up cash. I believe pets are being resold alot, both from normal people and gold sellers.

Anyway, my point is... that there is no way to tell if the item is duped and there should be no "bad feelings" for buying TCG pets on AH.

Druzy
Pet Score:4598
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by Druzy » November 6th, 2014, 7:35 am

At this point it's like dye in the wool. You can't tell the original from the fake and the damage is done. Once the price gets to a point where it's not worth it anymore then they'll stop. I imagine that if this were a priority that the coding would be altered, the gate closed, or the pet changed in some way.