Syd The Squid

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu
Re: Syd The Squid

Post by Graven » November 3rd, 2014, 3:49 pm

Easy with 3 pets. Haven't figured out a good carry team yet though.. I tried for a while to get some xp on my Lil' Bling, but even at lvl 18 he wasn't strong enough to kill the cow at the end.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » November 3rd, 2014, 7:19 pm

There are actually a few different threads on ways to kill him in the Pet Battles forum. A mix of 3 pet and 2 pet options are discussed and there are quite a few options.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Aeolyn
Pet Score:2593
Realm:Gorgonnash-us

Post by Aeolyn » November 3rd, 2014, 8:51 pm

Anyone actually level or play with Syd yet? Looks like he's H/P only which is unfortunate. Heavy health investment for a Magic pet clashes with passive. Should have been dumped into Speed so that he could use Bubble effectively.

The mix of being Magic and having all Aquatic attacks is neat though. I want to find good reason to like him.

(assuming I can get one to drop. I tend to be severely lacking in the luck department)

Gardenvariety
Pet Score:2958
Realm:Burning Legion-us

Post by Gardenvariety » November 4th, 2014, 5:53 pm

Shingetsu wrote:Did anybody manage to beat him with only 2 pets already?
I was able to two man him with an H/H Scourged Whelpling (Tail Sweep, D&D, Plagued Blood) and a Mechanical Squirrel (Metal Fist, Armor Plate, Wind Up). I haven't really fine tuned it though, there might be a better combo. I think the Squirrel is a nice pet all around here, Armor Plate is good survivability and it cuts the heal from Feed in half, and Wind Up is a good choice if you have to fight through the trihorn shield. The first pet might be improved though, maybe a Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling or a dragonkin with lift-off would work better, need to experiment a bit.

Rishal
Top Rater
Pet Score:4280
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Rishal » November 5th, 2014, 2:32 pm

My carry team involves Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling, Iron Starlette, (moderate level pet to finish off cow). Start Mech Dragon with Decoy/Thunderbolt/Breath until dead (if low HP finish up with Thunderbolt). With Mech Dragon vs. 2nd pet start with Thunderbolt (if available), if not use the breath. Mech Dragon should die after 1 move. Switch to Iron Starlette. Wind up/supercharge/wind up to kill 2nd pet. (If HP is low enough you don't need to use supercharge). For the Cow Wind up/wind up/ powerball/powerball. This should get the cow pretty low in health. Use a moderate level pet 15-20 to finish it off. I use a P/P Starlette, but H/H might be the best for this fight. I hope this helps someone.

Robotusch
Pet Score:10391
BattleTag®:Roboe#2913
Realm:Ravencrest-eu

Post by Robotusch » November 6th, 2014, 5:12 am

0/6 so far - at least I got Moon Moon off the Den Mother for a change...

Team is Scourged Whelpling, Tranquil Mechanical Yeti and Lil' Bling. Lightning Storm + Make It Rain + Inflation absolutely destroys Otto.

Wakamaru
MVP
Pet Score:12165
BattleTag®:Wakamaru#1375
Realm:Bladefist-us

Post by Wakamaru » November 6th, 2014, 5:20 am

0/6 so far here. A friend of mine, Ladorna (also on WCPets), has gotten 2 so far though! (I love her dearly for sharing :3 )
@TamerWakamaru

Codenamejtb
Top Rater
Pet Score:4841
Realm:Dragonblight-eu

Post by Codenamejtb » November 6th, 2014, 6:09 am

yes got him this morning lvl 25 already :)
used crimson whelping tailwhip/fly slower so does more damage and fly when the pool hits ground to avoid it.
Have son of animus with metal fists ,siphon and extra plating keep the armour up and steel life when u can. had darkmoon tonk as 3rd pet with missle, shock and awe, ion cannon. to finish off if needed not failed yet

Pikafido
MVP
Pet Score:13632
BattleTag®:Pikafido#2789
Realm:Aerie Peak-eu

Post by Pikafido » November 6th, 2014, 7:32 am

Sadly I'm still at 0-5. Wishing that I will have that luck sometimes to get it from the bag. Never had a pet drop from the DM fair bag yet :evil:

Nev
Pet Score:9156
Realm:Elune-us

Post by Nev » November 6th, 2014, 8:22 am

Got it on the third attempt yesterday, and was shocked for a few moments! My rewards tend to be more like vendor pet cages and fur balls, so this was quite the welcome surprise.

For the battle, I can almost 2-pet it with Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling and the Iron Starlette, so will keep working on tightening up a reliable strat for future XP carries.

GrosBonda
Pet Score:10429
BattleTag®:Grosbonda#1406
Realm:Arygos-us

Post by GrosBonda » November 6th, 2014, 8:42 am

Pikafido wrote:Sadly I'm still at 0-5. Wishing that I will have that luck sometimes to get it from the bag. Never had a pet drop from the DM fair bag yet :evil:
Still no Syd for me either :(
still hoping ...

Rishal
Top Rater
Pet Score:4280
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Rishal » November 6th, 2014, 9:20 am

Got it today on my 6th try!

Whiplash
Pet Score:4909
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Whiplash » November 6th, 2014, 9:42 am

I got Syd in my 5th Greater DM Faire bag.
My carry team is Personal World Destroyer (Quake>Repair>Quake); Landro's Lil' XT (Tympanic Tantrum>Repair>Zap); then sweeping with one of my many Moths about level 22+ with Slicing Wind-Cocoon Strike-Moth Balls, using the Cocoon to avoid big hits like Whirlpool. Not sure what I will do when I run out of moths...

Terrorpene15
Pet Score:3398
Realm:Dalaran-us

Post by Terrorpene15 » November 7th, 2014, 7:00 am

got syd yesterday on my 4th try. amazing since I had to buy the DM Eye and am still doing that to this day with never getting it. pretty excited, but if I do get a 2nd I will bring it on here to someone in need for a super friendly swap. doubt ill ever see another one, and that is fine by me

the battle itself is just easy. went Scourged/Clockwork(really any mech works) and Cogblade, I am sure if I spent any real time looking at it, I could find a better combination, it just happened to be the pets I had up at the time and has worked each time quite well. plagued blood-death and decay-tail sweep over and over, 2nd guy comes out, land what you can, use your 2nd mech to finish him, 3rd guy goes down so easy to batter its kind of unfair.

Rendigar
MVP
Pet Score:10321
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Rendigar » November 7th, 2014, 7:38 am

The battle discussion for [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11719]Christoph von Feasel[/url] has a couple of 2-pet teams for this fight, swing on over there to discuss it. :)

I use the OP's team (using an S/S Bronze Whelpling and a P/P Iron Starlette) using the moveset Early Advantage > Tail Sweep > Lift Off > Tail Sweep {Syd dies} > Early Advantage {Whelp dies} > swap in carry pet > swap in Iron Starlette > Wind-Up > Powerball > Wind-Up {Mr Pointy dies} > Wind-Up > Supercharge > Wind-Up {Victory!} (likely to add this team to the 5.4 guide when I upgrade it for WoD)

Crits can definitely mess this up, but so far it's worked flawlessly. An H/S breed whelp is optimal as it gives you a little more health for surviving a Syd crit. Not certain how tight the fights would be with a non-P/P Iron Starlette, though, but someone in the thread may have posted more in depth on it.

And in regards to the OP - I still have yet to get either Syd or the Darkmoon Eye to drop for me. RNG is not my friend.

Luxxy
Top Rater
Pet Score:3423
BattleTag®:Retraxx#1868
Realm:Mok'Nathal-us

Post by Luxxy » November 7th, 2014, 11:41 pm

When I battle him i actually use just 3 moths, the breeds i use are p/s h/s and b/b . I use the abilites Alpha Strike, Cocoon Strike and Moth Dust. its really not a bad team to battle with against him because you can block alot of the heavy attacks with cocoon and with the ability to put the enemy to sleep helps a lot :) I have yet to have any probs with this team combo of moths :)

Shikon01
MVP
Pet Score:2668
Realm:Silvermoon-us

Post by Shikon01 » November 8th, 2014, 7:27 am

No luck in getting pet to dropped, but decided to try an odd combo for new pet battle , used raven, enchanted broom, and DM tonk. It worked ok. I have been trying different combos for kicks and giggles. :)

Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Kel » November 8th, 2014, 11:36 am

Well, 0-7 this time around. No Syd, and still no Eye either. Oh, and RNG cost me 3 attempts at Christoph to close out the week. Maybe next month. :(
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

Zinthamiss
Pet Score:4982
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Zinthamiss » November 9th, 2014, 3:43 pm

4/7 for me. All kills around 03-06 in the mornings but i guess you can blame RNG for this aswell. No Eye so far.

GrosBonda
Pet Score:10429
BattleTag®:Grosbonda#1406
Realm:Arygos-us

Post by GrosBonda » November 9th, 2014, 3:52 pm

Zinthamiss wrote:4/7 for me. All kills around 03-06 in the mornings but i guess you can blame RNG for this aswell. No Eye so far.
O/7 for me :( RNG God still dont like me....
if u want we can trade a syb for an Eye :)