Raiding with Leashes III - info soon™! (PTR discussion)

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us
Raiding with Leashes III - info soon™! (PTR discussion)

Post by Quintessence » November 1st, 2014, 3:26 am

Developer [url=https://twitter.com/Muffinus/status/528342329883901953]Jeremy Feasel hinted[/url] that news on RWL3 might be shared at BlizzCon this year. Hopefully there are previews of the pets that they're working on. :D

What pets would you want to see drop from older bosses? For reference, Raiding with Leashes and Raiding with Leashes II.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Topaz
Pet Score:4045
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Re: Raiding with Leashes III - info soon!

Post by Topaz » November 1st, 2014, 4:38 am

if they will continue with an achievement for each expansion i would really love to see some mini version of bosses like Flame Leviathan or an iron dwarf, and also the mini versions of the creatures summoned by sara before the yogg-saron fight

Simmias
Pet Score:4458
Realm:Frostmourne-us

Post by Simmias » November 1st, 2014, 4:58 am

I could see a mini dog from the shannox fight. Maybe a mini Supremus or Mother. My big hope is for a mini Reli of Souls pet, it would look fantastic.

Pyy
Top Rater
Pet Score:11087
Realm:Barthilas-us

Post by Pyy » November 1st, 2014, 5:07 am

Hoping they continue the pattern and go to Hyjal, BT and Sunwell next, but who knows?!

Would love to see them go back and add a Gronn from Gruul and an Ogre from High King, maybe that's too wishful. I would have expected those two to be pets you could get from somewhere in Warlords given the location.

Hyjal - not entirely sure what they could come up with from here. There's already 2 lich pets in game. Maybe a couple of demons, maybe a mini Archi.

BT - Naga, but as with Hyjal I'm unsure from there.

Sunwell - I'd love a pit lord and a naaru.

Ulduar - Ironbound whelp, iron dwarf or a rune giant, mini vezax too?

ICC - Unsure what you can do, lots of humanoid bosses here. Maybe a female lich for all that equality? Can already tame a Sinragosa. Maybe one of the Professor's inventions!

Iibis
Pet Score:4297
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Iibis » November 1st, 2014, 9:27 am

Pyy wrote:ICC - Unsure what you can do, lots of humanoid bosses here. Maybe a female lich for all that equality? Can already tame a Sinragosa. Maybe one of the Professor's inventions!
Mini-Marrowgar? :) We already have BONESTORM as pet ability, but nothing that looks like Marrowgar if I recall correctly. I can imagine (yet another) slime from Putricide, but I'm not that fond of slime blobs in different colors. Gunship could drop some zeppelin.

It's difficult to know which expansions they'll pick for the next RWL. I suspect though that there might be duplicates of TCG pets again, or alternatives to some other pets that are a bit more difficult to obtain.

Almost all bosses have something to make into a pet though, hopefully they'll look nice and that there will be something new in each of them :)

Petzy
Pet Score:11826
Realm:Norgannon-us

Post by Petzy » November 1st, 2014, 11:09 am

They wouldn't do it but I would love to see a murloc that those of us who weren't able to play from day 1 could get. I have some of the newest ones but I wish there was another that did the song & dance and maybe wasn't covered up in armor lol. :D

During the goblin quests you have to get naga babies, those were soooo cute. :twisted:

I love the bird mounts from Firelands, especially the blue one so that would be nice. & a green mount is from a new achieve so that would be great too. As long as I am dreaming of more mini mounts how about a mini Mimiron's head or Ashes of Alar.... :mrgreen:

They are doing 2 of the Firelands rare hunter pets as battle pets, more of those would be good. I think there are 4 colors of the hunter spiders, metallic cat & crab & 2 cats just out in Hyjal too. 8-)

For the Lich King something cold would seem right, maybe some cute bear..... ;)

But no matter what they may be I am excited that there might be a Raiding with leashes 3!!! :lol:
Last edited by Petzy on November 1st, 2014, 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » November 1st, 2014, 11:34 am

Pyy wrote:Hoping they continue the pattern and go to Hyjal, BT and Sunwell next, but who knows?
I'd actually like to see this as well, rather than skipping these and moving to the next xpac's worth of raids.

For Hyjal I suppose you could do mini versions of some of the trash mobs (gargoyles!) or a mini pit lord.

Sunwell could take a pit lord as well, or maybe a mini M'uru. I'd love a mini M'uru!

BT could have a mini Supremus (Minimus?), Reliquary, and... concubines? :lol:

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » November 1st, 2014, 12:23 pm

If they follow the pattern and BT is one of the ones a mini Illyiad with the warglaives would be awesome.

Opallena
Top Rater
Pet Score:13227
BattleTag®:Opallena#1359
Realm:Nazjatar-us

Post by Opallena » November 1st, 2014, 8:29 pm

Hyjal, Sunwell, and Black Temple all had a huge demon presence... So I could see a lot of demon pets (voidwalkers, pit lords, infernals, imps, etc.) being drops from them. Perhaps a dragonkin or two from Sunwell, with Kalecgos and Felmyst. A gargoyle pet would be cool from Hyjal.

The two demons I would love to see are Felbeast and Pit Lord models.

Haukkah
Pet Score:4110
Realm:Ravenholdt-us

Post by Haukkah » November 2nd, 2014, 12:21 am

If they follow the pattern and go with Hyjal/BT/SWP and Ulduar/ToC/ICC some of my guesses would include:

Hyjal: mini-Pit Lord or other small version of demons
BT: mini-Supremus is being begged for, more demons, Spark of Azzinoth pet (green-tinted wispy-fireball)
SWP: one of the green mech-guardians, mini-Mu'ru

Ulduar: some sort of ironbound drake/dwarf, mini-FL, elemental from Freya/Thorim/Hodir
ToC: jormungar, new valk maybe, mini-Anub
ICC: undead stuff in general, saronite oozeling, goo from Putricide, frostwyrm whelp (could happen, but not likely since Blizz wouldn't want to reskin something exclusive to a collector's/promotional event for free)
If RS ever sees the light of day again, ruby whelpling or treant

Peanutty

Post by Peanutty » November 2nd, 2014, 1:30 am

Uld/ToC/ICC would work for me as Raiding with Leashes IV. Probably getting ahead of myself but some pets I wouldn't mind seeing:

Uld - a Flame Leviathan based mini tank, a cat of some sort from Auriaya the cat lady, a mini scrapbot from XT, a treant/flowering plant from Freya
ToC - a set based on the Northrend Beasts fight: a snobold, a Jormungar worm, a white Kun-Lai Runt style yeti
ICC - mini Marrowgar (BONESTORMMM... I think this pet would be widely popular for the graphic alone), an orange goo from Putricide, a vampiric fiend from blood wing

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » November 2nd, 2014, 2:45 am

Love the ideas. There are a few that stand out for me and that I MUST have somehow. Just imagining them makes me giddy :)

ICC - Mini Marrowgar
ToC - a baby Jormungar
Sunwell - Mini Muru
BT - Reliquary of Souls
Firelands - Mini Riplimb or Rageface

For Ulduar, I wouldn't mind something similar to Databank.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Impeesa
Pet Score:8653
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Re: Raiding with Leashes III - info soon™!

Post by Impeesa » November 2nd, 2014, 3:11 am

Okay, imagine this: Ulduar has all three of the major units from the Mimiron fight as pets. The head unit's level 20 ability is approximately as follows: "I'll Form The Head!: Sacrifice both back row pets to heal for all their remaining health. If one of your back row pets is <tank unit> and one is <body unit>, instead, combine to form V0L7R0N, an epic-quality pet with new abilities."

Also, Minvincible, Arthas's childhood riding pony.

Peanutty

Post by Peanutty » November 2nd, 2014, 2:05 pm

Impeesa wrote:Also, Minvincible, Arthas's childhood riding pony.
ROFL, I love it!
Quintessence wrote:For Ulduar, I wouldn't mind something similar to Databank.
Oh yes, I forgot about those. That would be neat as something a little different.

Ebil
Pet Score:11957
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Ebil » November 3rd, 2014, 8:01 am

Shard of Frostmourne -- Magic Pet
Warglaive Fragment --- Magic Pet

I would love to see them bring in some weapon pets like we have with the book style pets. Who would not want to see a little Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker? It could randomly whisper people "Did someone say Thunderfury?"

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » November 3rd, 2014, 8:07 am

Clearly a pet version of Illidan should be named Lil'idan

Fythra
Pet Score:12907
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Fythra » November 9th, 2014, 9:29 am

So....did anyone at Blizzcon hear anything about this? Nothing was mentioned during the Q&A panel. Though there was one person who asked a pet battle question. I'd be really surprised if Black Temple wasn't one of them considering the theme of the next expansion.

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » November 9th, 2014, 1:01 pm

My guess is that they forgot about it, or they never intended it come during blizzcon.

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » November 9th, 2014, 1:54 pm

We'll probably have to bug the developers on Twitter for details on what's to come. Or maybe they're saving the info for a future announcement.

I'm bummed that no one inquired in person though (either at the WoW Q&A or the Community Corner when the devs were hanging around). Too much going on all at once, I guess!

Adumbledore
Top Rater
Pet Score:9248
BattleTag®:ADumbledore#1672

Post by Adumbledore » November 9th, 2014, 6:42 pm

I have an entire thread dedicated to pets that I'd like to see someday. The abilities are wishful thinking and pretty much just placeholders since there's no way that the amount of things in there would ever get created. Still, they're fun to create. :)

I was also disappointed at the lack of pet battle-related discussion at BlizzCon. Hopefully they have more planned than what little was said.

Visit my pet battle blog: http://petpersuasion.wordpress.com/