My Pet Collection
You've collected 0 pets

Should I just release my non-trade duplicates?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Vampguard

Pet Score: 2403
Realm: Kel'Thuzad-US

Should I just release my non-trade duplicates?

Postby Vampguard » October 26th, 2014, 10:08 pm

I recently hit a milestone of my own so to speak and I finally reached 500 pets, my pet collection is really hard to look through though since I have a lot of duplicates from when the collection tab was created, should I just release the duplicates that aren't sellable or is there any sort of benefit in having them? Thanks!

Ranok
MVP

Pet Score: 4925
Realm: Undermine-US

Re: Should I just release my non-trade duplicates?

Postby Ranok » October 26th, 2014, 10:16 pm

Might be a few where different pet battles require different breeds. Any dupes that are identical breed, I'd say dump them.

Talalara
Top Rater

Pet Score: 4655
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood-US

Postby Talalara » October 26th, 2014, 10:40 pm

Hello

You may want to sit a moment and look over you collection. It is remarkable but yes, depending on what you want to do you may want to thin out your collection.

Are you collecting for collection/vanity pets sake? Then the normal criteria is any non-cageable or non-tradeable are to be "released" keeping rarest (blue) then keeping the highest level.

For example you have 3 Bandicoon pets. 1 is level 25 blue, level 21 blue & level 21 green. Of these 3 the level 25 would be the one to keep and release the other two.

If you are collecting for the sake of really putting some serious time & effort into both battling pets fights with npc's as well as with other players then you may want to see which pets have the best ratings/comments as to how they fair in fights.

For example (& for the sake of illustration) you have 5 Ghostly Skulls; 3 H/P & 2 H/B. since the H/P hits harder than the H/B cage those and then keep 2 because in some tournaments you will need them to get you thru without having to heal in between fights.

All pets are worthwhile & precious but definitely in the "eye of the beholder". Once you have determined what it is you plan to do then go from there. For those pets you can cage but only want 1 of them put them in a bank and then gauge if its worth selling or just saving for another time.

Hope this helps.

Carry On
Tala

Peanutty

Pet Score: 5100
BattleTag®: PBCup#1312
Realm: Kil'jaeden-US

Postby Peanutty » October 26th, 2014, 11:52 pm

It's completely up to you. It's your collection and you should organize it however you want. I personally don't like having duplicates at all (other than for unique skins) but a lot of people do like having a few "useful" ones around for certain group comps.

Corah

Pet Score: 4798
Realm: Llane-US

Postby Corah » October 27th, 2014, 5:27 pm

It depends on what the non-trade duplicates are. Pets that can be caught in the wild, yes. Pets that are bop from quest or special events, I would say no. I keep holding out hope that one day those will be sellable and I can make huge money from my extra vampiric batling

Return to Pet Collecting