Share pet collecting news and advice.
Morlis
MVP
Pet Score:13720
BattleTag®:Morlis#1799
Realm:Madoran-us
To Release or not to Release

Post by Morlis » October 10th, 2014, 11:29 am

Anyone still have 3 [pet]Mr. Bigglesworth[/pet]? When he was first attainable there was a "Feature" that gave everyone 3 of them, each time that you logged in, it added one to your collection or something like that. Without the 3 limit there would have been potential for tons of them!

I don't like duplicates that I don't use, but I also hate to release (delete) them as well. Proverbial rock and a hard place. I actually wish they would implement a bound to account system so that you could cage any pet you like then store it for future use if a need arose.

This would also apply to pets like [pet]Tiny Flamefly[/pet], [pet]Blue Mini Jouster[/pet], [pet]Gold Mini Jouster[/pet] and [pet]Creepy Crate[/pet]. I have multiples of all of those as well.

I would say there could be limitations to which pets could be account bound caged, like no real need for wild pets to be stored. It's just these types of quests that result in a pet that are not tradable that it would be a nice option.
  • Morlis Alliance Kael'Thus 60 Shadow Priest (main account)
  • Morlis Horde Madoran 60 Beast Master Hunter (main account)
  • Altuno Horde Madoran 60 Vengeance Demon Hunter (main account)
  • Vandì Horde Madoran 60 Arcane Mage (alt account)

Ravnhawk
MVP
Pet Score:6534
BattleTag®:ravnhawk#1272
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Re: To Release or not to Release

Post by Ravnhawk » October 10th, 2014, 12:58 pm

I would keep all 3 Mr. Bigglesworth. The others you can always get again. Biggles you can't.

Shadowdice007
Top Rater
Pet Score:9794
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Shadowdice007 » October 10th, 2014, 1:17 pm

^
Last edited by Shadowdice007 on February 6th, 2016, 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » October 10th, 2014, 2:05 pm

If you can handle having duplicates sitting in your collection, I'd say keep them. But I released my duplicate Bigglesworths long ago and don't regret it. I really don't want 3 of anything, especially exact copies, because it throws off my whole organization system.

Hootstwo
Top Rater
Pet Score:4328
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Hootstwo » October 12th, 2014, 9:47 am

I've got a raft of duplicates because when it was released that pet breeding was going to be available I started grabbing duplicates of rares I came across in the wild.

I still have them all because I hold out hope that maybe this will be reimplemented... am I deluding myself?

Khorah
Pet Score:11506
BattleTag®:Khorah#1833
Realm:Medivh-us

Post by Khorah » October 13th, 2014, 9:46 am

Hootstwo wrote:I've got a raft of duplicates because when it was released that pet breeding was going to be available I started grabbing duplicates of rares I came across in the wild.

I still have them all because I hold out hope that maybe this will be reimplemented... am I deluding myself?
This ..
I had ditched a lot of dupes, but when the word first came out about the breeding system, if I found a rare, I would grab him..
And I still have the 3 Bigglesworth, mainly for giggles as you can't get 3 any more..