Share pet collecting news and advice.
Jaladar
Top Rater
Pet Score:13919
BattleTag®:Jaladar#11384
Realm:Windrunner-us
How to get gold to alts on new servers for TSH

Post by Jaladar » September 3rd, 2014, 2:55 pm

So I created a new alt recently along with my son to help him get his Thundering Serpent Hatchling before the patch and of course started out with nadda because we are on a new server (in Magical Menagerie on Madoran). Before too long I realized a very simple way to "move" gold to my new alt...send the BoA Timeless Isle gear tokens over and vendor it.

Now, this isn't a get rich quick scheme by any means as each piece sells for 5g I think. But since I have a ton of the stuff on my main server I was able to gather almost enough to cover the expense of the pet--and my alt is only level 11 so he still has a ways to go, and quest reward money/vendor loot will help as well.

Anyway, just figured I would throw this out there as I hadn't thought about it before and it helped clear out a ton of bank space.

Happy Hunting

Jal

ps--the gear tokens are BoA so faction/server don't matter, just send it over.

Goldenbelmont
Pet Score:2314
Realm:Turalyon-us

Re: How to get gold to alts on new servers for TSH

Post by Goldenbelmont » September 3rd, 2014, 4:07 pm

If you are floating in excess of the Pandaren elemental pets/pandas, you can also sell a couple for really cheap on AH to get some cash. I found myself with 2-3 of each elemental extra just from the dailies that allowed me to sell for 200g each and only had to secure a sell or two. good for when you still have to quest to get revered. plenty of time to sell a pet. Or, if you have extra BoA herlooms, multiples of a copy, you can always sell one of those, they sell for 500g?? but you have to sell one that you actually paid money for, not JP.

Corah
Pet Score:13318
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Corah » September 3rd, 2014, 8:29 pm

You can also sell the guild reputation tabards.

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » September 3rd, 2014, 9:10 pm

You'd have to sell 60 pieces of timeless gear to get enough gold to buy the pet. That seems a bit crazy. Much more reasonable to sell one piece, to give you enough silvers to list things on the AH, then sell a duplicate pet or two. My opinion only. ;)

Caega
Pet Score:5857
Realm:Dath'Remar-us

Post by Caega » September 3rd, 2014, 9:25 pm

Vendoring and auctioning items from fishing nodes on Darkmoon Island can net some gold plus there's a chance of catching a Sea Pony.

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » September 3rd, 2014, 10:39 pm

Also look for a blingtron some of his stuff sells for 200 or more plus.
He also might drop a mount I got a chopper once and one can easily sell that for 10 or a little less and since you didn't need mats for it pure profit.

Rannegirl
MVP
Pet Score:5363
BattleTag®:RaiRai#1483
Realm:Kirin Tor-us

Post by Rannegirl » September 6th, 2014, 6:50 pm

Darkmoon Faire has a nice way to get money on a new server. Not going to be tons of gold, but it's a decent nest egg idea.

Pick up the quest to go to the faire from the rep in a capital city. When you go to the faire for the first time you get some free tickets. Use a ticket to buy a Darkmoon Faire Storage box -- it vendors for 2.5g. Use some of that gold to buy a bunch of game tokens (since the price scales with your level, the lower you are when buying them the better).

Now run the DMF dailies. You will earn guild rep, some exp, and tickets. Turn in all your tickets for a DMF Storage box. You can only have one at time, so vendor it right after you buy it. Rinse and repeat.

Vetteranger
Top Rater
Pet Score:4846
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Vetteranger » September 15th, 2014, 6:07 pm

Even better, if you have some time run the DMF dailies all week for a couple of fairs and buy a pet. I just sold a Tonk for 2500g to get a new alt flush on a new server. If you ran the Sprite Darter quest with several alts back in the old days, they also bring good cash on the AH.

Another idea is to poke around the AHs on a server where you have cash, and also on the server with your lowbie. Find a pet that sells for similar prices at both AHs ... buy on one server and sell on the other. If you get lucky, you can buy at a bargain on one server and sell at full price on the second server to actually make a profit from the experience. :-)

Triara
Pet Score:2965
Realm:Hellscream-eu

Post by Triara » September 16th, 2014, 12:57 am

I think it is much simpler. You have to get to Revered in guild rep no matter what you do. If you roll a DK and just do quests, I think you will have more than 300g by the time you hit Revered. Just from quest rewards / vendoring.