Throne of Thunder
  • Horridon (second boss in first wing of LFR) - drops Pygmy Direhorn
  • Council of Elders (third boss in first wing of LFR) - drops Living Sandling
  • Ji-Kun (third boss in second wing of LFR) - drops Ji-Kun Hatchling
  • Primordius (second boss in third wing of LFR) - drops Living Fluid
  • Dark Animus (third boss in third wing of LFR) - drops Son of Animus
Siege of Orgrimmar
  • Sha of Pride (fourth boss in first wing of LFR) - drops Gooey Sha-ling
  • Siegecrafter Blackfuse (first boss in fourth wing of LFR) - drops Blackfuse Bombling
  • Paragons of the Klaxxi (second boss in fourth wing of LFR) - drops Kovok
If I remember correctly, only pets in Siege of Orgrimmar have a chance of dropping on a bonus roll.

As a side note, the Throne of Thunder pets will be available on the WoD BMAH as well if you can't seem to get them to drop right now.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Re: Battle pets + LFR

Post by Graven » August 29th, 2014, 1:53 pm

Quintessence wrote:If I remember correctly, only pets in Siege of Orgrimmar have a chance of dropping on a bonus roll.
Is this true? I seem to remember an announcement, some months ago, that bonus rolls would now work to give an extra chance on raid pets. Lots were annoyed, because we'd been operating on the assumption that they already were...

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » August 29th, 2014, 2:10 pm

Graven wrote:
Quintessence wrote:If I remember correctly, only pets in Siege of Orgrimmar have a chance of dropping on a bonus roll.
Is this true? I seem to remember an announcement, some months ago, that bonus rolls would now work to give an extra chance on raid pets. Lots were annoyed, because we'd been operating on the assumption that they already were...
I was definitely mistaken! I finally found some previous [url=https://twitter.com/olandgren/status/375022770213892096]clarification from a developer[/url],
  • "Pets will be bonus-rollable in both ToT and SoO. Kovok is waiting for your Seals!"
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » August 29th, 2014, 3:17 pm

Also, Living Sandlings can drop from the trash leading up to Council of Elders as well.

Paladiac
Pet Score:9583
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Paladiac » August 29th, 2014, 3:30 pm

Luciandk wrote:Also, Living Sandlings can drop from the trash leading up to Council of Elders as well.
Good comment. I was just about to write that here also, as this is how I got my Sandling, as well as a few others I have seen. Actually, I think I have only seen one Sandling come from the boss - the other dozen or so have all been from the trash in this section.

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » August 29th, 2014, 7:26 pm

also if one runs normal or flex primordious drops vicious horror instead of living fluid so lfr drops the red one living fluid noremal or flex vicious horror black one

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » August 29th, 2014, 8:02 pm

Digem wrote:also if one runs normal or flex primordious drops vicious horror instead of living fluid so lfr drops the red one living fluid noremal or flex vicious horror black one
There is no flex ToT. Viscous Horror is normal/heroic only.
Cdhstarz wrote:I'm seriously considering freezing one of my 90s so they can continue to run the LFRS of these well into WOD until I can get all the pets because I seriously don't feel like paying out the ass for pets.

I wonder if that would work.
I would not do that - no one at level 90 will be queueing in for old content raids so your queue might be several hours long. But supposedly they're adding the option to solo/small group queue for old content LFRs in WoD, so you can make a higher level group and go in rather than queue with level 90s.

Also the pets are (mostly) dirt cheap right now, so it wouldn't be a bad idea to consider buying them if you have extra funds.

Yehhboii
Pet Score:994
Realm:Jubei'Thos-us

Post by Yehhboii » September 1st, 2014, 4:57 am

hey i was almost at the point of writing one of these topics but this has helped alot ,
what about other cage-able pets that drop from npcs or what ever add what you can here please

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » September 1st, 2014, 6:41 am

Yehhboii wrote:hey i was almost at the point of writing one of these topics but this has helped alot ,
what about other cage-able pets that drop from npcs or what ever add what you can here please
You can [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pets/filter/]use our filter[/url] to find all dropped pets that are cageable.
  • 1.) Under "Source" - select "Drop" (include)
    2.) Add another filter
    3.) Second filter: Under "Pet Properties" - select "Is Tradeable" (include)
    4.) Apply filter

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » September 1st, 2014, 7:30 am

The ToT raid pets will appear on bmah as well.

Fythra
Pet Score:12907
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Fythra » September 1st, 2014, 8:57 am

Peanutty wrote:
Digem wrote:also if one runs normal or flex primordious drops vicious horror instead of living fluid so lfr drops the red one living fluid noremal or flex vicious horror black one
There is no flex ToT. Viscous Horror is normal/heroic only.
Cdhstarz wrote:I'm seriously considering freezing one of my 90s so they can continue to run the LFRS of these well into WOD until I can get all the pets because I seriously don't feel like paying out the ass for pets.

I wonder if that would work.
I would not do that - no one at level 90 will be queueing in for old content raids so your queue might be several hours long. But supposedly they're adding the option to solo/small group queue for old content LFRs in WoD, so you can make a higher level group and go in rather than queue with level 90s.

Also the pets are (mostly) dirt cheap right now, so it wouldn't be a bad idea to consider buying them if you have extra funds.
The option is available in Beta now. I tested it out a few weeks ago. I solo queued and got into ToT. Didn't get past the trash but it works.

Klaital
Pet Score:4516
Realm:The Sha'tar-eu

Post by Klaital » September 1st, 2014, 7:25 pm

Paladiac wrote:
Luciandk wrote:Also, Living Sandlings can drop from the trash leading up to Council of Elders as well.
Good comment. I was just about to write that here also, as this is how I got my Sandling, as well as a few others I have seen. Actually, I think I have only seen one Sandling come from the boss - the other dozen or so have all been from the trash in this section.
Correction. The Living Sandling drops only from the boss in LFR, and only from the trash in normal/heroic.