Pet To-Do List before expansion: Must Have lvl 25's

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Dazz
Pet Score:3827
BattleTag®:abbystarlite#1845
Realm:Silver Hand-us
Pet To-Do List before expansion: Must Have lvl 25's

Post by Dazz » August 23rd, 2014, 7:13 pm

I saw a Before-WoD To-Do LIst but it had no mention of Pet Battling/Collecting. I thought I'd check here if anyone had ideas on some Pet To-Do List type of activities/goals to work on before expansion. Or if this is has been posted already, could someone link the post/article? To simplify I'm thinking just get as many of your pets to 25 and rare upgraded as possible. I know many folks have that done already but this info could help those who haven't yet. (like me) Any ideas on a list of important pets to narrow down/prioritize your leveling work/stone upgrades - listing "Most important you should have stoned/max lvl'd before expansion"
Thanks!

Dakender
MVP
Pet Score:9654
BattleTag®:Dakender#1566
Realm:Madoran-us

Re: Pet To-Do List before expansion: Must Have lvl 25's

Post by Dakender » August 23rd, 2014, 8:16 pm

Me personally just did the list they call for in this guide:

http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7556

So far I have not had any problem. Done every daily at my garrison, and captured the wild ones that are out there roaming around.

So, in my opinion,if you can walk through all the panda dailies and then make it through the Celestials with no problem, you shouldn't have much problem in WoD... might have to tweak a few strategies, but basic pets are there.

Aalea
Top Rater

Post by Aalea » August 23rd, 2014, 9:16 pm

I am trying to get my pets to level 25 but its such a grind. So far I have one of each pet to level 10 or above, I'm gonna try to have them all at level 11 by tonight but its really hard to do all in one sitting.

I need a ton more flying battlestones for this next xpac I only have about 4 flying atm.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » August 23rd, 2014, 9:37 pm

What is your end goal?
All pets to level 25?
Enough pets for the achiev to level 25?
Certain pets to 25?

There are different methods that are better for different results in terms of "fastest"
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Aalea
Top Rater

Post by Aalea » August 24th, 2014, 2:35 am

I do have more than one of each pet so I should clarify I am levelling the ones I think have the best stats. Obviously I will look at levelling the pets that have the appropriate stats that I need rather than randomly choosing one.

I have the ach but I would like to get at least one of each pet to 25 before the xpac. My guild has decided only to do fun raids till the xpac so as not to completely burn out so I have more time on my hands with which to do something.

I am also working on the PvP objective for the Direhorn. I prefer collecting to PvP at high levels but I really would like to round out my collection with that and the Argent Gruntling which I am also working on.

Any one else have any pet goals before the xpac?

Dazz
Pet Score:3827
BattleTag®:abbystarlite#1845
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Dazz » August 24th, 2014, 10:06 am

Thanks for the tips and info. This link
http://www.wowhead.com/guide=2430/battle-pet-updates-in-warlords-of-draenor#battle-pet-tamers-bosses

tells about the 6 new tamers and the family of their 3 battle pets. I was thinking of making note of possible teams to beat each tamer based on which family types would be strong against the tamer's 3 pet types.
ex. Cymre Blightblade's pets are Mech-Magic-Undead and I'd check my corresponding Mech-Dragon-Critter options to start thinking of teams to try to beat them. I know guides will be posted early on of what teams work for the tamers but knowing the tamer fight in advance will help me make sure I have enough lvl'd up rare options. This is one of the things I was thinking of going by in figuring out what to work on.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » August 24th, 2014, 10:11 am

I do have more than one of each pet so I should clarify I am levelling the ones I think have the best stats. Obviously I will look at levelling the pets that have the appropriate stats that I need rather than randomly choosing one.

I have the ach but I would like to get at least one of each pet to 25 before the xpac. My guild has decided only to do fun raids till the xpac so as not to completely burn out so I have more time on my hands with which to do something.

I am also working on the PvP objective for the Direhorn. I prefer collecting to PvP at high levels but I really would like to round out my collection with that and the Argent Gruntling which I am also working on.

Any one else have any pet goals before the xpac?
Long term, if you are levelling one of each pet to 25, you should be using a mix of tamers and wild battles
Pets < level 10 ==> use wild battles
Pets > level 23 ==> use wild battles
Pets closest to but not lower than level 10 ==> use Pandaria tamers with both 25% food and 50% food
Pets closest to but not higher than level 23 ==> use Pandaria tamers with just the 25% food

*all with safari hat of course

The reason for this is that pets at level 10 & 11 get the most EXP versus any other level (higher or lower), so they benefit most from the 50% food buff which you have limited supply of. Pets less than level 10 take up to 4 battles to get to level 10 or 11. Pets at level 24 take around 4 battles to reach 25. On nights that you only have the 25% food, just level the pets closest to level 23 (but not higher than). You can get 3x 25% foods per day. After you are done with the tamers for the day, you can use wild battles to get any level 24 pets to 25 to finish them off.

Now to get to where you can do the Pandaria Tamers each day quickly (and also the BoF to get the 25% food):
Look at this guide: http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7556

Start first by getting the pets you need from that list to 25, then follow the instructions I gave above.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » August 25th, 2014, 7:24 am

I only have one goal to hit before the expac and that's get all pets to 25. I'm slightly over halfway now.

I'm still missing a handful of pets but they are all the super-rare/CE ones and those will be added gradually so not something I'll have done by WoD.
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Tale
Top Rater
Pet Score:13901
Realm:Argent Dawn-us

Post by Tale » August 26th, 2014, 2:00 pm

How's your situation with alts?

I got all of my pets to 25 (well, one of each unique pet; still have a few duplicates to finish off) by keeping an alt parked at each Pandaria tamer and in Uldum and Icecrown as well. In one day I get a single pet from 1 to 25 via the alts in Jade Forest, then 4 Winds, then Kun-Lai, then Townlong, then Dread, and finally Vale. Other pets grab XP from the remaining Pandaria trainer in Krasarang, and the Uldum and Icecrown fights. It doesn't take too long to just cycle through the alts each day.

Dakender
MVP

Post by Dakender » September 21st, 2014, 6:25 pm

One thing I have noticed since the massive pet release lately with latest builds is.......... I hope people don't waste to much time on pet's like Addars, Rats, Rabbits, Spiders, you know the normal lvl 1 to 18 stuff mainly. The are THICK every where here and most of them are all lvl 23 or higher. I have upgraded so many of my lowbie pets just by taming the higher level ones. Just a thought. In other words, if you are getting ready to level that level 2 Rat.... DON"T..... Wait for WoD... they are in every city and it will save you many hours and stones.
Last edited by Dakender on September 22nd, 2014, 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shakesbeard
Top Rater
Pet Score:4734

Post by Shakesbeard » September 22nd, 2014, 12:52 pm

Dakender wrote:One thing I have noticed since the massive pet release lately with latest builds is.......... I hope people don't waste to much time on pet's like Addars, Rats, Rabbits, Spiders, you know the normal lvl 1 to 18 stuff mainly. The are THICK every where here and most of them are all lvl 23 or higher. I have upgraded so many of my lowbie pets just by taming the higher level ones. Just a thought. In other words, if you are getting ready to level that level 2 Rat.... DON"T Wait... they are in every city and it will save you many hours and stones.
this deserves a thread of its own.

List of wild pets in game that are in WoD at a higher level.
MADORAN__ <WCP> Shakesbeard
___________<LPL> Factotem
___________<PP> Orcane, Shrecksar, Remoo

Dakender
MVP

Post by Dakender » September 22nd, 2014, 1:29 pm

Shakesbeard wrote:

I have my list at home can work on that. When I get off work Great idea.

Dakender
MVP

Post by Dakender » September 22nd, 2014, 5:01 pm

Dakender wrote:
Shakesbeard wrote:

I have my list at home can work on that. When I get off work Great idea.

OK, guess I should have done some more research before posting, was just a logical thought that came out of the finger tips :) Went to the lvl 100 zones and was looking around for what pets might meet this criteria. Findings were not as a big of a deal as I thought...

Example, Rat in Nagrand... Level 25... But lelvel 23 Rat's are already in Crystalsong Forest. So 2 levels is not that big of a deal. Findings about some of the other ones, like Black Rat which is in your mine, in your garrison is lvl 20, well, you can get a level 24 one in Twilight Highlands....... Sea Gull flying around in your garrison is level 20 too, but you can get a level 25 one Krasarang Wilds......

So, guess it was an awesome idea.... but kinda pointless to waste time on a new list that is already done here at warcraftpets :)

All in all, point is still the same for the topic of which ones to get to 25 before launch....I listen to people who talk about grinding out their cockroach they got from The Hinterlands from level 11 to 25...... WHY ? ? ? Unless you are a gluten for punishment :) hehehehe... Go to Twilight Highlands and tame a level 24...... I still stick to my main post...... Read the forums here, get the pets they say and do what they say. If you can beat the Tamers of Panda Ville, and even the Celestials, you will have NO PROBLEM in WoD unless things change drastically.

I Followed this post http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/f ... =10&t=7556 and have done every tamer, every boss, everything there is do do in WoD that is battle pet related, and that is on beta at the moment and have won every single one of them. (Maybe not the first fight, but still).

Badpathing
MVP
Pet Score:12840
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Badpathing » September 29th, 2014, 12:55 pm

You know, I was pushing pretty hard to hit the max level on my 600+ pets, and then I saw the purchasable "add 1 level" item. It's only 2 charms, and I got 4 charms for doing a single trainer...so, I guess what I am saying is that if you are going to do the dailies for charms, you can level your team pretty easily without doing the grind.

So, TL:DR, gonna wait for charms to finish off my leveling.

Jefra
Pet Score:2300
BattleTag®:redbaronkain#1261
Realm:Frostmane-us

Post by Jefra » September 29th, 2014, 5:51 pm

My only goal is to get my 250 pvp pet battles done before Wod. I am at 190 so not too far off. I would like to get the 5k wins achievement too but not sure if I will be able to finish that one off or not.

Jazeel
Pet Score:9583
Realm:Saurfang-us

Post by Jazeel » September 29th, 2014, 6:32 pm

I had been planning on getting all my battlepets to max level before xpac, but with 500 wins in draenor required to unlock the tamer goodie bag and so few wild pets to capture(i have plenty of stones so dont need to find rares) i will instead grind pet levels in the xpac as a way of getting the achieve and gaining pet levels. This free's up time pre xpac to get my 250pvp wins instead :D

Kring
Pet Score:6755
BattleTag®:scrufola#2941
Realm:Kargath-eu

Post by Kring » September 30th, 2014, 5:00 am

Badpathing wrote:[...]then I saw the purchasable "add 1 level" item. It's only 2 charms, and I got 4 charms for doing a single trainer...
That's 2 level per daily. With the pandaren trainer with a carry pet you get 2 to about 14 level, depending on the size of the carry pet and your buffs.

Badpathing
MVP
Pet Score:12840
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Badpathing » October 1st, 2014, 6:48 pm

Kring wrote:
Badpathing wrote:[...]then I saw the purchasable "add 1 level" item. It's only 2 charms, and I got 4 charms for doing a single trainer...
That's 2 level per daily. With the pandaren trainer with a carry pet you get 2 to about 14 level, depending on the size of the carry pet and your buffs.
Thanks for the math, I am quite aware of the leveling rate...my avg pet level is 22+ with over 600 pets. My point was only that with the new content, you will be doing the pet battles anyways, with a bonus of free levels for pets.

So, I am not being super aggressive about it since it will come organically.