Different #s of pets on the same account.

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Valence
Pet Score:13200
Realm:Hyjal-us
Different #s of pets on the same account.

Post by Valence » August 23rd, 2014, 2:32 am

Odd question, but hoping someone can shed some light on this: Why does it say in game that my main and another character have 521 pets and every other character says 519? According to this site I should have 511 + 11 duplicates for 522. I've updated the collection many times and still the same thing. Not a huge thing, but I don't like when the numbers don't add up. Any ideas?

Rioriel
Top Rater
Pet Score:10504
Realm:The Sha'tar-eu

Re: Different #s of pets on the same account.

Post by Rioriel » August 23rd, 2014, 2:44 am

Guild Herald / Page perhaps?

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » August 23rd, 2014, 3:15 am

Rioriel wrote:Guild Herald / Page perhaps?
This is my first guess as well. The Guild Herald and Guild Page are two finicky pets that only really apply to the character that purchased them.

As for the discrepancy between your WarcraftPets account and in-game total, I'm trying to think of a pet that would appear here but not in-game, and the only one that I can think of is the [pet]Sky Lantern[/pet] but that looks like it's been fixed (it's now in the Pet Journal). Your armory also lists 522 collected pets, so I'm at a loss what the missing pet in-game could be.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Aalea
Top Rater

Post by Aalea » August 23rd, 2014, 6:16 am

Do you still have to place a tick in a box to say that you have certain pets on Warcraft Pets that don't show up in the Armory?

He may have done that to up his pet battle count on this site but not actually have them in game. I am sure there are a few people who have done that.

Which leads me to another question. Will all pets in WoW show on Warcraft pets when they are captured/bought etc. I know there is a delay in learning them and having them show up, but we wont need to have to manually input what pets we have at the beginning of the xpac like we did with certain pets on the site before will we?

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » August 23rd, 2014, 12:15 pm

Aalea wrote:Do you still have to place a tick in a box to say that you have certain pets on Warcraft Pets that don't show up in the Armory?
Now that you mention it, the Sky Lantern still doesn't appear in the armory even though it's finally been added to the Pet Journal. I just checked and this pet can still be manually added to a WarcraftPets collection.

However, the OP doesn't have the Sky Lantern in their collected list; it's still in their "Wanted" list. So that shouldn't affect the collection total. It has to be another pet that's only showing up here and not in-game or the armory for them.
Aalea wrote:Will all pets in WoW show on Warcraft pets when they are captured/bought etc. I know there is a delay in learning them and having them show up, but we wont need to have to manually input what pets we have at the beginning of the xpac like we did with certain pets on the site before will we?
This really depends on how quickly Blizzard updates. WarcraftPets imports pull directly from the Blizzard API (armory) so if the pets aren't showing up on Blizzard's end, the data can't be imported to show up here. Let's just hope that everything is all set and ready to go in the armory prior to WoD's release.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Demort
Pet Score:8624
BattleTag®:Warmouse#2262
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Demort » August 23rd, 2014, 2:49 pm

Did you remove the authenticator from your account?

The Core Hound Pup still shows up as a pet that you own, but it can not be summoned by any of you characters. I guess this might account for the numbers.