Share pet collecting news and advice.
Prudene
Top Rater
Pet Score:5067
Realm:Caelestrasz-us
Darkmoon Wabbit

Post by Prudene » August 9th, 2014, 2:52 am

:(
just wasted 40 hours camping for the bunny, with 20 other people... and the bunny is a no-show. we had a server reset 30 hours into the camping.. and don't know whether to start the countdown from scratch.
SIGH I will never get the bunny.. the AH prices are wayyy over my budget... though hopefully in another year will have managed to save enough for it.

Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Re: Darkmoon Wabbit

Post by Tekulve2012 » August 9th, 2014, 4:37 am

I don't want to jynx anything but the DMRabbit is the only pet with holding value it seems. So the wait for it to come down in price may be long, even the DM eye still has decent value considering how long its been around.

Best of luck in spawns and rolls to you

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » August 9th, 2014, 5:47 am

The reasons those two pets have basically kept there value our:
Limited availablity we only have a shot from them once a month for a week.
Low drop rate (at least for the eye) I have done the DMf pet battle for the eye every day every month it has been out and have gotten a grand total of two to drop so far
As for the rabbit it is a limited spawn rate and when it drops only one person out of up to a 40 man group can win it
And finally, and most important the duppers have not seemed to either be able to or want to dup these pets.
Dupping has been the #1 reason for some of the pet prices to plummet.
Hope you either get lucky or get a good deal soon.

Adorabella_x
MVP
Pet Score:6944
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Adorabella_x » August 9th, 2014, 6:48 am

Keep an eye on AH daily - I thought it was out of my price range too...then someone listed mine for 150g

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » August 9th, 2014, 8:39 am

Adorabella_x wrote:Keep an eye on AH daily - I thought it was out of my price range too...then someone listed mine for 150g

Someone hit the lucky lottery.
Either someone totally messed up on the pricing(which a surprising amount of people do) or had no clue what they had there.
Most of other rabbits on ah are cheap like spring rabbit this person might have assumed all were or that 150 gold a lot of money.
More than likely though they meant to put it up for 15k or 150k.
Yes, it is smart thing to check ah daily you never know.

Prudene
Top Rater
Pet Score:5067
Realm:Caelestrasz-us

Post by Prudene » August 10th, 2014, 3:59 am

thank you for your replies.. the 20 of us dwindled down to 5, then our leader called in 2 guildies for help.. the bunny eventually spawned at 6pm. AN ENORMOUS sigh here, I didn't get it, but one of our campers did, (very happy about that.. nothing worse than all that camping just for another unknown to hop in at the last minute to get it)
so having camped from Wednesday to Sunday.. a looong haul. Have only been trying for 4 years to get it...
checked AH and nothing on.
if anyone has one to spare.. will happily buy it :) 17k down and some extras thrown in?? hehe
Will keep eyes peeled. but there again, there is always next month.... and the month thereafter.... ad nauseum..:)

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » August 10th, 2014, 6:41 am

Ugh, that's a lot of camping.

When they made the DMF cross-realm I realised the chances of me being in a raid that kills him and actually winning the pet were very low indeed. Scraping together 30k on a server where my highest character is level 1, was actually a far less daunting task than winning the drop legitimately.

All I can say is good luck in future, I hope he finds his way into your journal soon! :D