Molten Corgi details released!

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Siegurd333
Top Rater
Pet Score:4485
Realm:Korialstrasz-us
Molten Corgi details released!

Post by Siegurd333 » August 6th, 2014, 1:01 pm

So everyone who logs in to WoW in November will get the Molten Corgi pet as part of the 10 year anniversary! Also Molten Core is getting a bump to LFR max level content with a free corehound mount for beating it!

Check it out: [url]http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/15107686/gearing-up-to-celebrate-10-years-of-world-of-warcraft-8-6-2014[/url]

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13643
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Re: Molten Corgi details released!

Post by Mehetabel » August 6th, 2014, 1:05 pm

Ooooh that all sounds awesome! :D
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Kel » August 6th, 2014, 1:15 pm

I was a little confused though. Will each toon that logs in get a Corgi? Or each account? Like, can I log in 7 toons and get 7 Corgis? Or will I only get the 1 no matter how many I log in?
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

Ravnhawk
MVP
Pet Score:6534
BattleTag®:ravnhawk#1272
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Ravnhawk » August 6th, 2014, 2:25 pm

It might like when you buy a store pet. It gets consumed on use, unless there's a glitch like with the dread hatching where you got multiples on each toon. I think you get only 1 to keep one like with the Onyxian whelping.

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » August 6th, 2014, 2:45 pm

I'd imagine it will be like the previous anniversary pets, the Baby Blizzard Bear and Onyxian Whelpling, which are unique so although you get it on all your characters you can only learn it into the journal once.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » August 6th, 2014, 3:09 pm

I'm so excited! :D Less excited about the 40 man LFR version of Molten Core. If I could choose, I'd much rather assemble just my guild and do a more personalized run.

This begs the question, though, if the Molten Corgi is the anniversary gift...what was/is [url=http://wod.wowhead.com/npc=76873]Hogs[/url]? A decoy pet? A pet for a future anniversary?
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13643
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » August 6th, 2014, 4:23 pm

Quintessence wrote:...what was/is [url=http://wod.wowhead.com/npc=76873]Hogs[/url]? A decoy pet? A pet for a future anniversary?
That's a very good question! I hope we still see him in-game at some point.
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Jazeel
Pet Score:9583
Realm:Saurfang-us

Post by Jazeel » August 6th, 2014, 5:15 pm

If that is the case then i guess we wont be seeing WoD till december now then?

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » August 6th, 2014, 8:51 pm

Jazeel wrote:If that is the case then i guess we wont be seeing WoD till december now then?

molten core is a 40 man level 100 raid for a short period of time so like 2 weeks.
if we need to be 100 they have to give us at least a month to get there.
this leads me to think wod comes out in mid oct. which would give us around 5 weeks to get to 100 to do this.

Rioriel
Top Rater
Pet Score:10504
Realm:The Sha'tar-eu

Post by Rioriel » August 7th, 2014, 3:08 pm

Lovely stuff. Sure I could muster the motivation to resub by then. Huzzah!

Simmias
Pet Score:4458
Realm:Frostmourne-us

Post by Simmias » August 7th, 2014, 6:51 pm

It may be sooner than you think.

WoD game guide ships on the 23rd of Sept. It has always been within a few days of the release of the game..

Opallena
Top Rater
Pet Score:13227
BattleTag®:Opallena#1359
Realm:Nazjatar-us

Post by Opallena » August 7th, 2014, 10:06 pm

Glad the details on molten corgi were released, its so adorable! On hogs, maybe he'll be the blizzcon pet this year? They haven't offically announced one for it yet, so still possible :D

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » August 9th, 2014, 3:36 pm

Digem wrote:
Jazeel wrote:If that is the case then i guess we wont be seeing WoD till december now then?

molten core is a 40 man level 100 raid for a short period of time so like 2 weeks.
this leads me to think wod comes out in mid oct. which would give us around 5 weeks to get to 100 to do this.
NOWHERE is it stated that LFR MC will be level 100..

It says "Max Level", which means, it can be both 90 and 100 depending on when WoD is released.

Personally, I don't think WoD will be released before November, making MC a level 90 raid...

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » August 11th, 2014, 11:58 am

FuxieDK wrote:
Digem wrote:

NOWHERE is it stated that LFR MC will be level 100..

It says "Max Level", which means, it can be both 90 and 100 depending on when WoD is released.

Personally, I don't think WoD will be released before November, making MC a level 90 raid...
That's why its ambiguous -- if WoD gets delayed, they can still have the event at "max level." However, I'm almost positive that WoD will be out before then and it will ultimately be a level 100 raid. They are releasing the date on Thursday when they show us the cinematic. For WotLK, Cata, and MoP, the actual release was within 2-3 days of being 2 months after the release date announcement (MoP's date of 9/25 was announced on 7/25, even). October 14 is a Tuesday. They are announcing the date on August 14. I do not think that that is a coincidence.

Paladiac
Pet Score:9583
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Paladiac » August 11th, 2014, 12:28 pm

Quintessence wrote:I'm so excited! :D Less excited about the 40 man LFR version of Molten Core. If I could choose, I'd much rather assemble just my guild and do a more personalized run.

This begs the question, though, if the Molten Corgi is the anniversary gift...what was/is Hogs? A decoy pet? A pet for a future anniversary?

I am kinda betting that with the electronic collectors edition being sold for so long already, this may be an added bonus to those people who purchase the 'physical' copy of the CE. Bliz selling the CE electronically has hurt many retailers, who drastically cutting back on pre-orders - so if something like Hogs could be added to the physical CE, it gives people more reason to purchase the physical box.

For myself, i have not bought the expac yet, largely in part because I did not understand how/why Blizzard would try to screw over their retailers by selling the expac so early. I figured they would have to do something to make up for this, so I purposely have held off acquiring my CE until closer to the release date.