PLS READ ASAP

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Yehhboii
Pet Score:994
Realm:Jubei'Thos-us
PLS READ ASAP

Post by Yehhboii » August 5th, 2014, 6:22 am

hey guys im about to boost my warrior once 60 can anyone tell me if i have fishing as one of my professions is it hard to get a clawdad?? btw lvl 59 atm so let me know asap :D:D:DD

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Re: PLS READ ASAP

Post by Digem » August 5th, 2014, 6:45 am

All depends on luck.
You have to fish up the lucky crawdad and it gives you three wishes you can use one every three days or so.
If lucky one of these wishes can be the magical crawdad pet but it is not guaranteed.
It took me months to fish up the crawdad that gives wishes and then none of the three wishes was the pet when I first did this in wotlk.
The second crawdad of the pet took like a week to get and first wish was the pet.

One of my guildmates that i showed where to fish for this fished it up on her second fishing attempt and first wish was pet so it took her 15 minutes.

It is all RNG.

Good luck

Sibi
Top Rater
Pet Score:10062
BattleTag®:sibylline#1481
Realm:Emerald Dream-us

Post by Sibi » August 5th, 2014, 7:30 am

I've randomly fished off and on for a couple hours here and there since BC trying to catch Pinchy. No luck.
Several months ago I was fishing...approaching the 3 hour mark. My server is RPPVP but normally I can fish in peace. Not this day. So, my brave protector flies out to rescue me. He lingers beside me to ward off any would be attackers. Decides to cast his fishing line in to to the water. I just finished saying "I swear to God if you get my fish I'm going to be SO FURIOUS with you" when I look in party chat and see "Leo recieves (whatever it says when you loot Mr Pinchy)". Swearing furiously I mount up and fly off cursing the day people at Blizzard were born having fits about RNG. He laughs hysterically (we're in skype) mentioning this is the first time he's ever fished up there which only makes me more angry.
After reading something Quintessence wrote here the other day about a rarespawn perhaps dropping Mr Pinchy in WoD I decided to finally breakdown and try fishing again since competing for a rarespawn on my server for a maybe drop does not sound like my idea of a good time. (I have the pet already, btw, this just happens to be the last portion of the meta fishing achiev I need).
Fortunately, RNG was my friend that day and I got Mr.Pinchy after about half an hour. Clicked Mr.PInchy's box, got the pet and my achiev/title all at once.

Moral of the story:: It is completely random. You could fish for hours everyday for years and never see it or you could catch it on your first cast.

Good luck though.

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » August 5th, 2014, 2:33 pm

Yea Pinchy can be a real pain to get. You could spend a whole lot of time in Skettis without seeing him.

Luckily it's a good way to raise fishing skill on an alt, as I don't think it matters what your skill level is (Pinchy can only drop from pools, which have a 100% catch rate no matter what your skill).

Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Kel » August 5th, 2014, 3:46 pm

Digem wrote:. . .three wishes you can use one every three days or so. . .
It's only a 4 hour cooldown on the wish. ;)
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com