Is there a new TCG pet exploit for gold farmers?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Liame
Pet Score:2924
Realm:Dunemaul-us
Is there a new TCG pet exploit for gold farmers?

Post by Liame » July 11th, 2014, 10:16 pm

I play on two servers, but I also have money I buy and sell pets with on a few others. I see the pet markets on six servers total, and the past two weeks seem to have seen a sharp increase in the high end TCG pets and a coinciding sharp drop in their prices. On Wednesday on my main server, someone was selling any TCG pet for 20k and Viscous Horrors for 40k—and mind you, not just one of each. One guy I know bought at least 3 of each of the big ones and posted them on the AH for 5k more than he bought them for, making him a few bucks while also tanking the market for those pets. Multiple other servers I watch have also started having spectral cubs and soul-traders under 40k recently.

So given that anecdotal evidence, is there some new duping or redemption code mining or something like that going on that is ultimately going to result in all these pets being worth ~10k? If so, that information would be good to spread around so people don't go wasting their money when they can wait a month and get all of the TCG pets for what one used to cost.

But maybe it's just me trying to patterns in randomly coinciding price fluctuations.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Re: Is there a new TCG pet exploit for gold farmers?

Post by Peanutty » July 11th, 2014, 10:28 pm

A few threads already exist about this latest round of suspicious activity.

http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/f ... =2&t=10717

http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/f ... 12&t=10711

Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Poofah » July 11th, 2014, 10:55 pm

We don't know how these pets are being generated, but it's plain that they're flooding the market. Underminejournal is an excellent resource, you can see pets for sale across all servers. e.g.

https://theunderminejournal.com/battlep ... ecies=1244

The trend you're noticing is happening on a lot of servers, and has been going on since at least last June/July, to varying degrees and for various pets.

Dakaf
MVP
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-us

Post by Dakaf » July 15th, 2014, 3:05 pm

Poofah wrote:We don't know how these pets are being generated, but it's plain that they're flooding the market. Underminejournal is an excellent resource, you can see pets for sale across all servers.
Some sad news for [profile]Poofah[/profile], myself and others who use TUMJ. It's closing at the end of this month. :(
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD

Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Tekulve2012 » July 15th, 2014, 6:02 pm

Count me as very disappointed in the impending demise of TUJ ! I have collected a half dozen bank alt toons full of transmog items using TUJ and the mobile armory when I'm not in game. I'll have to use other ways now. Sigh ...

Siegurd333
Top Rater
Pet Score:4485
Realm:Korialstrasz-us

Post by Siegurd333 » July 16th, 2014, 3:42 pm

5 new ethereal soul traders showed up on my sever 2 days ago. There was one in the AH listed at 65k for while then one dude shows up and dumps 5 in there at 32k. Literally cut the price in half. It makes no sense unless they're in a HUGE rush to unload the pets. 3 of my guild mates bought some, despite my warnings that it might be gold sellers/hackers/exploiters benefiting from the sale. Hopefully the seller is banned before that gold can be resold to other players.

Crazypants
Top Rater
Pet Score:12640
Realm:Dalaran-us

Post by Crazypants » July 16th, 2014, 8:24 pm

6-8 months or so back I bought a bank guild and transferred a toon and guild to Illidan to buy a spectral tiger cub and EST with gold I had been saving up for over a year. Think i spent 190k for both. Couple months later all this slash and burn dupers show up. I was a lil salty.

Recently they are all over my realm. Lvl 1's spamming trade. So after a couple beers one night I ask how much for a tuskarr kite and a Vicious horror. Tells me both for 90k. I haggle for 10 min and talk him down to 63k for both. Probably duped but if blizz doesn't care neither do i. Ill be damned if i get burned like i did last time. Sucks because even though I can cross those off my check list it does water down my enthusiasm for pet collecting and WOW as a whole. :cry:

On the duped note i never see any lvl 6 spectral tigers in the AH anymore. Wonder if that loophole got shut down?

Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Kel » July 17th, 2014, 11:50 am

Yea I'm pretty sad about TUJ too, that blows. But it does say "maybe" they will find a better host or whatever. So there's always hope?

As for EST, we finally had 5 show up on my realm this week, at the lovely price of 105k!!! So our realm hasn't been ravaged by it just yet. Our dupes are still high priced!!! LOL!
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

Worgenbait
Top Rater
Pet Score:10000
BattleTag®:Worgenbait#1777
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Worgenbait » July 19th, 2014, 11:31 pm

And right now on Illidan, you can get a Soul-Trader for the low, low price of just 18K. Viscous Horror... that's going for 27K, and the Spectral Cub is selling for 23K. You know the duping must be getting real bad for those prices.