With at least a few more months before the next expansion, I find myself wondering what to do with excess battle-stones. At 576 pets, I've caught all the wild pets and upgraded everything to rares, and find myself sitting on about 35 battle-stones across all the families. My options, as I see it:
1) Upgrade cageable pets to rares and try to sell them on the AH.
2) Sell battle-stones directly to people via trade chat, etc.
3) Refine my collection by upgrading "best of breeds" to rares
4) Save the battle-stones for the next expansion, although who knows if they'll still retain their value, if anything else will replace them, etc
(1) can be tricky, hoping you've upgraded the right pets that people want to buy as rares. (2) can be sort of a hassle, as people are always looking to haggle or outright swindle. I've done (3) for a few pets, but I wonder if I'd be better off saving them for (4).
Any thoughts? What are other people doing with their excess battle-stones? Are there other options?