Levling

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Ryat
Pet Score:7304
Realm:Daggerspine-eu
Levling

Post by Ryat » June 23rd, 2014, 11:49 am

So,in the wait of WoD to come,i decided to level as many of my pets as i can,but i cant figure out a order to do it in.
How did u decide what to level?

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Re: Levling

Post by Kendrah » June 23rd, 2014, 12:40 pm

Ryat wrote:So,in the wait of WoD to come,i decided to level as many of my pets as i can,but i cant figure out a order to do it in. How did u decide what to level?
Whatever I liked first then I did Anub Idol and Green Proto so I could power level all my other pets when I unlocked all the dailies. After that, I leveled the stuff that I'd need for the CT and now I'm just leveling what I have left.

Mykro9
MVP
Pet Score:4355
BattleTag®:mykro9#1585
Realm:Darrowmere-us

Post by Mykro9 » June 23rd, 2014, 1:44 pm

It is probably obvious, but level one of each unique pet first. There are a handful of pets that it is worth having 2 or 3 of. I also try to level pets with unique or useful skill sets. So, leveling all bajillion rats or moths is less useful than say [pet]Chrominius[/pet] or [pet]Pandaren Water Spirit[/pet] or [pet]Unborn Val'kyr[/pet]. Once I got a core of pets for the Celestial Tournament, I started with fun pets, and achievement pets, or the hardest to obtain pets. Maybe pick pets that you have out a lot, and level them to show you care about them. Nothing says "I do not care about pet battles" more than having a level 1 vanity pet.
mykro9#1585

Post by Guest » June 23rd, 2014, 2:55 pm

You could also go the route of leveling all of a specific family. This seems like a great method to clean up that list of unleveled pets. For beasts, critters and flying pets, perhaps level all of a specific group within that family. All moths, then all chickens, cats then raptors, etc.

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » June 23rd, 2014, 3:43 pm

According to your profile here you've already got ~240 pets leveled up to 25 so I assume you've got all the useful ones leveled and have your teams for the trainers, CT, etc. Beyond that it's just really what ever order you want. Personally, I did a variety of things while working my way towards all level 25 pets to keep myself interested. For example:

Leveling all my undead or dragonkin pets. Works well for families with fewer pets but I wouldn't recommend doing beasts or critters this way.
Leveling all my spiders or roaches.
Leveling all my pets captured in a specific zone.

I also worked on upgrading my wild pets to rares starting in the highest level zones so that the pets I caught were already higher level and so that I could be getting some experience in the process.

Pretty much any way of breaking it down into a smaller group so I felt like I had accomplished something rather than just a small piece of a huge task.

You can also start participating in the following thread:

http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6067

Jazeel
Pet Score:9583
Realm:Saurfang-us

Post by Jazeel » June 23rd, 2014, 6:06 pm

After leveling to max all the pets i needed to defeat the various tamers and the celestial tourney, my tactic has been to concentrate on the tamers, using the food buff from the beats of fable daily. I use 1 or 2 lvl 25s depending on the tamer and the lowest lvl carry pets i can get to survive the fight. Rather than go for any specific pet family i have just scrolled down to the last pet on the list i have thats of the carried level for that fight.

Ryat
Pet Score:7304
Realm:Daggerspine-eu

Post by Ryat » June 23rd, 2014, 6:56 pm

I think all pets needed for all trainers/Celestials is maxed.
Atm im just leveling whatever when leveling alts,but i tend to get stuck on picking next to level.
Some of the tips seems interesting to change up the pet leveling experience rather than just run around mistfall village on alts.

Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Kel » June 23rd, 2014, 7:04 pm

I know, when I was doing mine I started with what I needed right then. After that, it became about the pets that I thought were cool. My definition of cool is my own tho. Ones I thought looked cool, or something like that. but i got sidetracked anyways, so I still have far too many to level. LOL!

I'd say, go with the ones you like, for what ever reason. Maybe they are cute. Maybe they are cool looking. maybe they do something you like. Maybe it's a hard to get pet (like the guild reward or achievement pets), what better way to show it off than have it be level 25?

I may go with focusing on a single pet type at a time to try and break it into attainable goals. Maybe that will help you too. So just go "I'm going to level every flying pet I have" and work from there.
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

Worgenbait
Top Rater
Pet Score:10000
BattleTag®:Worgenbait#1777
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Worgenbait » June 23rd, 2014, 9:05 pm

After leveling all the important pets I needed for the trainers, I just started leveling by lowest level really. Clear all the level 1s by fighting the water striders in Vale (they don't attack with 2 thirds of their first hits) and just working up like a pyramid. The first battle brings them to level 5-6, so they can survive any other fight as a one-shot carry pet.

At this point, all my pets are minimum level 20. Then, the ones I used at trainers are level 23 and 24, so I use them, a level 20, and Xufu in Valley to level my one alt as well. That way, you are doing multiple things at once and you don't waste trainer leveling points to finish off those last XP points the pets need.

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13640
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » June 24th, 2014, 5:32 pm

I've been using pet leveling to help alts level for a while now, only using a 90 when I need to get to a PandaLand trainer and can't find a friend with a passenger flyer. Makes it more worthwhile to spend time on battles with wild pets and not just the daily trainers.

Really low alts can work the 23-25 wild pets in Valley of 4 Winds in perfect safety if they stick to the farmlands and lower plateau lake area -- I started an 18 rogue there and worked her up to 75 over a few weeks, at same time raised a whole bunch of pets to 25. If you get bored in 4 Winds, Jade Serpent Temple in Jade Forest works the same way. Fast pet leveling and great XP for the alts, course you need to find a friendly mage to help you get there.

For serious leveling, a team with a 25 Feline Familiar is excellent. The shield / hit / heal combination on them means they end most battles with very high or full health, you seldom have to stop for a heal on your team.