PLS HELP

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Yehhboii
Pet Score:994
Realm:Jubei'Thos-us
PLS HELP

Post by Yehhboii » June 9th, 2014, 12:47 am

hey guys ive been collecting pets for around 2 months now and find the most part of it quite fun , ive only recently started using this site and it helps alot . 1 thing that has been killing me is the time im spending to find unborn val PLS someone help me 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) :shock: :shock: :shock: :P :P :P

Yehhboii

Re: PLS HELP

Post by Yehhboii » June 9th, 2014, 1:21 am

cheeers mate heading that way now , u still got ya spare are they trade-able ?

Dolz
Pet Score:6070
Realm:Trollbane-us

Post by Dolz » June 9th, 2014, 6:36 am

Yehhboii wrote:cheeers mate heading that way now , u still got ya spare are they trade-able ?
No pets that are caught by pet battle are tradeable. While I've never seen it stated, I'm sure that was done to keep people from farming them and making it difficult for others to collect them on their own.

You might want to check out "Unborn Val'kyr *will* suicide on you!" in this forum and http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8504400532 which talks about where to find an Unborn Val'kyr.

The Unborn Val'kyr and Minfernal are two of the hardest to get in any variety. Good luck and don't give up it can be done.
Last edited by Dolz on June 9th, 2014, 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mendelia
Pet Score:10625
Realm:Bloodhoof-us

Post by Mendelia » June 9th, 2014, 10:26 am

The two that I've found have both been in the north central part of Borean tundra. My theory was that there are so few quests and reasons to go there, that people might not find them as quickly, so the odds are greater. If you're already checking the beach, might want to swing up to the north as well. Good luck!

Yehhboii

Post by Yehhboii » June 10th, 2014, 8:55 pm

cheers guys still no luck arfter the long weekend of searching

JEC
Pet Score:5503
Realm:Arthas-us

Post by JEC » June 10th, 2014, 10:45 pm

Yehhboii wrote:cheers guys still no luck arfter the long weekend of searching
Get something like TomTom, add all of the waypoints, and fly between them. You should find one pretty quickly.

Voskres
Top Rater
Pet Score:10910
BattleTag®:Vosk#1999
Realm:Cenarion Circle-us

Post by Voskres » June 11th, 2014, 12:23 am

First, I used a mod that I still use called Pet Tracker. It displays on your map locations of pet spawns.

Second, I made a macro to mash while I was flying around: /target unborn

Third, I am on a low pop server and I can find them whenever I want, so if you are on a higher pop server I might recommend making a DK on a specifically LOW pop server and going to get it that way, esp if you are spending too much time on your own server flying around with no results.

I don't know if anyone else had mentioned, but there are 3 spawn points in each zone or Northrend. When I am helping someone look, I generally will stick to Zuldrak/Grizz Hills and do a big circle that includes the spawn area in Storm Peaks just north of K3 and the spawn point just straight south of that in Crystalsong.

Using these methods I seriously have not had to look more than 30 mins to get one and usually a couple letting the friend rare search. Honestly it takes me more time to get out there and set up than it does to find one.

Mykro9
MVP
Pet Score:4355
BattleTag®:mykro9#1585
Realm:Darrowmere-us

Post by Mykro9 » June 11th, 2014, 2:25 am

I would recommend a few things.

1. Get the add-on that tells you where they should spawn in each zone, go to those spots and if you do not see the green paw, look for a critter on the ground nearby and kill it. I am not 100% sure this matters, but there seems to be a link between the number of battles pets/critters in a zone, and a non-battle pet critter can DEFINITELY take the place of a battle pet.
2. Instead of flying over the whole map, park a toon on a flying mount right over where a spawn location is, and just log in from time to time and check, killing a critter if you see one there, or pick maybe 2-4 locations that are close, and fly point to point and look then log.
mykro9#1585

Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Kel » June 11th, 2014, 2:18 pm

Here's what I did (once I got serious about finding one) -
Get the add-on that displays spawn points on your map. There are 3 spawn points in each Northrend zone for the Unborn Val'kyr. This makes 8 zones, for a total of 24 spawn points. The rarity comes from the fact that it can only be spawned at 1 point at a time. So if 1 exists in any given zone, it will not spawn anywhere else. Develop a route that will take you to each spawn point, a loop through every zone and start flying it looking for that Valk. Just keep making laps 'till you find one. I tried the camp method and hated it. Once you find one and you go in the battle, check it's moves before you do anything. If it has Unholy Ascension, forfeit and restart the battle until it has Haunt instead.

Every bit of this info is credited to other people on this forum. None of it is my original idea/plan. So don't thank me, thank the community. it was their help that got me mine. 8-)
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » June 12th, 2014, 2:38 pm

I just parked an alt at one of the spawn points, and checked it every time I logged in or out of the game. Found one within a week. :)

Yehhboii

Post by Yehhboii » June 12th, 2014, 11:25 pm

Voskres wrote:First, I used a mod that I still use called Pet Tracker. It displays on your map locations of pet spawns.

Second, I made a macro to mash while I was flying around: /target unborn

Third, I am on a low pop server and I can find them whenever I want, so if you are on a higher pop server I might recommend making a DK on a specifically LOW pop server and going to get it that way, esp if you are spending too much time on your own server flying around with no results.

I don't know if anyone else had mentioned, but there are 3 spawn points in each zone or Northrend. When I am helping someone look, I generally will stick to Zuldrak/Grizz Hills and do a big circle that includes the spawn area in Storm Peaks just north of K3 and the spawn point just straight south of that in Crystalsong.

Using these methods I seriously have not had to look more than 30 mins to get one and usually a couple letting the friend rare search. Honestly it takes me more time to get out there and set up than it does to find one.

cheers for the advice man i have teh add on pet tracker and im thinking i will give the dk idea a go on a low pop server just wondering whats the server i pick to do it on ...will update once i find one

Voskres
Top Rater
Pet Score:10910
BattleTag®:Vosk#1999
Realm:Cenarion Circle-us

Post by Voskres » June 15th, 2014, 2:10 am

I'm Hordie on Cenarion Circle; holler if you come here and wanna hookup to level faster.

Mykro9
MVP
Pet Score:4355
BattleTag®:mykro9#1585
Realm:Darrowmere-us

Post by Mykro9 » June 15th, 2014, 6:14 am

Kel wrote:Here's what I did (once I got serious about finding one) -
Get the add-on that displays spawn points on your map. There are 3 spawn points in each Northrend zone for the [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pets/undead/miscellaneous/unborn-val-kyr/]Unborn Val'kyr[/url]. This makes 8 zones, for a total of 24 spawn points. The rarity comes from the fact that it can only be spawned at 1 point at a time. So if 1 exists in any given zone, it will not spawn anywhere else. Develop a route that will take you to each spawn point, a loop through every zone and start flying it looking for that Valk. Just keep making laps 'till you find one. I tried the camp method and hated it. Once you find one and you go in the battle, check it's moves before you do anything. If it has [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/abilities/undead/unholy-ascension/]Unholy Ascension[/url], forfeit and restart the battle until it has [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/abilities/undead/haunt/]Haunt[/url] instead.

Every bit of this info is credited to other people on this forum. None of it is my original idea/plan. So don't thank me, thank the community. it was their help that got me mine. 8-)
Is this saying that only 1 can exist at any one of the 24 spawn points, and on top of that, IF one is up at all?
Or is it saying that one will always be up at 1 of the 24 spawn points?
I am reading it that you need to fly the entire course of Northrend to find the one spawned [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pets/undead/miscellaneous/unborn-val-kyr/]Unborn Val'kyr[/url] on your CRZ.
mykro9#1585

Yehhboii

Post by Yehhboii » June 18th, 2014, 7:30 pm

still no luck :( RIP un'born val

Wakamaru
MVP
Pet Score:12165
BattleTag®:Wakamaru#1375
Realm:Bladefist-us

Post by Wakamaru » June 18th, 2014, 11:09 pm

Add me mate, I've found 2 in the last two days and shared them with others. I make regular spins around out there, next one I come across I'd be happy to share with ya if you pay if forward one day :)

Wakamaru#1375

Haven't heard from you, currently helping someone look hunt down theirs. I'll check back after we find theirs to see if you still need help.
Last edited by Wakamaru on June 21st, 2014, 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
@TamerWakamaru

Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Kel » June 19th, 2014, 10:19 am

Mykro9 wrote: Is this saying that only 1 can exist at any one of the 24 spawn points, and on top of that, IF one is up at all?
. . . .
That is correct. Only 1 Valk will be "up" at a time. And it does not mean there will always be one up. They do have a respawn timer.
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

Zoros
Top Rater
Pet Score:13589
BattleTag®:Zoros#1560
Realm:The Venture Co-us

Post by Zoros » June 19th, 2014, 12:13 pm

My server is CRZ free so it is almost always up somewhere in Northern.
Give me a battle.net invite and I will see if I can help you get it.