Which should I choose?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us
Which should I choose?

Post by Kendrah » May 29th, 2014, 3:39 pm

I'm torn. I'm at the point where I'm saving for all the rare pets and I'm torn which to choose first. The Dragon Kite, Hippo Hatchling, and the Darkmoon Rabbit about the same price on my AH (depending. They all fluctuate a bit.) In your opinion, which of these are the best battlers? I do have the store version of Hippo Hatchling. I'm not sure if it's basically the same pet.

Glasgow50
Pet Score:10736
Realm:Blackhand-us

Re: Which should I choose?

Post by Glasgow50 » May 29th, 2014, 4:25 pm

Darkmoon Rabbit, hands down. I use mine for the dailies all the time. I have the other two but just never use them.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » May 29th, 2014, 4:54 pm

Since you already have the Cenarion Hatchling I would pass on Hippo Hatchling since they are nearly identical (B/B, same move set, very slight difference in stats).

Personally I've used my Dragon Kite more than my Darkmoon Rabbit, but maybe that's just my play style. I like the call lightning + volcano combo for the celestial tourney against Xu-Fu.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » May 29th, 2014, 5:21 pm

Peanutty wrote:Personally I've used my Dragon Kite more than my Darkmoon Rabbit, but maybe that's just my play style. I like the call lightning + volcano combo for the celestial tourney against Xu-Fu.
Same here. I've yet to fully integrate my Darkmoon Rabbit into my daily rotation for anything. :oops:

Another thing to consider is the breed of the pets. I'm not sure of what's the most desirable/"best" breed for the Darkmoon Rabbit (comes in 3 breeds) or Dragon Kite (comes in 2 breeds), but if you're buying a pet for battling purposes it's something you may want to think over before spending the gold.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » May 29th, 2014, 5:44 pm

I'd vote for the dragon kite as it is the most unique of the 3 pets you mention.

The Darkmoon rabbit does have slightly different moves but overall doesn't seem to have a better move set to me. Losses Flurry to gain Huge Sharp Teeth but since you typically want to be faster anyway Flurry is a better option. I guess if you were trying to a kill a critter with elemental attacks HST would give you a strong attack while taking less dmg from their attack but I can't think of any cases were that applies. Vicious Streak trades 1 round of duration for 25% more speed increase which probably isn't meaningful in most cases. If you look at the typical rabbit move set (Flurry, Dodge, Burrow) the DMR is worse than your normal rabbit.

The hatchlings are virtually identical from a pet battle perspective.

Glasgow50
Pet Score:10736
Realm:Blackhand-us

Post by Glasgow50 » May 30th, 2014, 9:54 pm

I use my Darkmoon Rabbit against the Thundering Pandaren Spirit and also against Zusshi's elemental to great effect.