Share pet collecting news and advice.
Kiowa
Top Rater
Pet Score:5349
BattleTag®:Towgrunt#1690
Realm:Proudmoore-us
Minifernal

Post by Kiowa » November 17th, 2012, 11:40 am

How the heck do you catch this thing, I've had an alt parked there for 3 weeks.

Kandace
Pet Score:5575
BattleTag®:kandace#1519
Realm:Turalyon-us

Re: Minifernal

Post by Kandace » November 17th, 2012, 1:00 pm

Log on the second the server comes up after maintenance or a restart! Even then it is crazy and overcrowded, but at least you have half a chance :)

The_guy
Pet Score:4714
Realm:Burning Blade-us

Post by The_guy » November 17th, 2012, 1:01 pm

Server restart would be your best try.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » November 17th, 2012, 3:28 pm

As many others have suggested, server restart.

I've tried it, and was never successful. Unless your server is the first to come up out of all those included in your CRZ, the Minfernals will be long gone before you can even load into Felwood.

What I did was camp for about four hours late at night/early morning.

I ran around and killed every non-Minfernal battle pet in the area, in hopes that it would trigger a Minfernal to spawn. I have no idea if that worked, but in the end I nabbed one. Only one Minfernal spawned during the entire time I was there.

Another trick that might help is if you have a friend or a second account, take a toon over to Felwood and park it in the area. The more a zone is populated, the higher the chance of more/faster pet spawns.

Minfernal is a somewhat special case, though, so it's hard to say if these tactics will really improve your chances. From personal observation, killing other wild pets did cause other wild pets to spawn faster (but not sure if that helped the chances for a Minfernal), and when the Minfernal finally showed up there were at least three other players in the area with me.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Casca
Top Rater
Pet Score:5184
BattleTag®:Chiba#2767
Realm:Outland-eu

Post by Casca » November 17th, 2012, 4:44 pm

Just a question about its general status at the moment: Is it known if the Minfernal spawns are working as intended? We know there are problems with the CRZ and people seeing lots of them when on the flight path, but not when they land. This might only be due to the fact that no one can actually get to them, so not necessarily a spawn bug.
Now, I have never even seen one spawn after hours of randomly logging in in Felwood over the past weeks. I never had such an issue with any of the other rare spawns and I'm on one of the most populated servers in the EU, even without CRZ.
So is the Minfernal supposed to spawn so extremely rarely? Or is there some other bug?

Direbane

Post by Direbane » November 17th, 2012, 6:18 pm

Another option I've heard people suggest is having someone on a different realm invite you to a group using RealID/Battletag. They say this causes you to join their realm, in which case you can go check "their" felwood for a Minfernal.

I have no idea if this actually works, but it's worth a shot.

Casca
Top Rater

Post by Casca » November 17th, 2012, 6:39 pm

I read that this was fixed. Not sure though.
Minfernal just seems ridiculously rare compared to other pets. I even had a much easier time with all the weather-dependent pets.

Mrbeankc
Pet Score:4299
Realm:Lightbringer-us

Post by Mrbeankc » November 17th, 2012, 10:17 pm

I've been trying to get a rare but so far I haven't seen any out there for weeks. The one I got my one after a server restart. They announced a server restart and I ran an alt out there and got one but that's the only one I have ever seen. I've even tried reset time with no luck. This has to be the hardest of the wild pets to farm.

Florencia

Post by Florencia » November 18th, 2012, 6:54 am

Have just finished watching blizzard tournament world champion(GRASTZ SNUTZ!!!FINALLY!) I logged on my minfernal camper toon and it was there, rare breed 7!(first time ever saw one on any realms)

I'm officially released after about 1 month of day and night camppings for this cursed pet...

Now i'm going to take a shower and sleep for 10 hours! :D :D :D

Casca
Top Rater

Post by Casca » November 18th, 2012, 7:10 am

Ahh, lucky you. :)
I'm open to try anything to finally get this pet. Is anyone on a really low-pop EU server and would invite me? :D

Stabya
Pet Score:2086
Realm:Undermine-us

Post by Stabya » February 11th, 2013, 9:18 am

Got mine today. No server restart

What I did, was finally got sick of just hovering over the spawn point. I decided to go to the southern end of the zone and clear all the battle pets then come back to the middle and camp

then, went to the north end of the zone, cleared all the battle pets, then went back to the middle.

After 3 sweeps like that one popped.

Now this could be superstition, but other than wait for rests, im going to believe this method is as good as any else

Draconigena
Top Rater
Pet Score:9001
Realm:Turalyon-eu

Post by Draconigena » February 11th, 2013, 9:49 am

I am calling it the 'mythfernal'.
Even after server maintenance it is quite stupid. When I log in, there are already people camping so I have no idea what I have to do to get a pet...

Seeweda
Pet Score:3245
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Seeweda » February 11th, 2013, 10:13 am

Draconigena wrote:I am calling it the 'mythfernal'.
Even after server maintenance it is quite stupid. When I log in, there are already people camping so I have no idea what I have to do to get a pet...
Server restart no longer applies to this pet they changed it after 5.1. From what I've seen it will spawn one every few hours. I believe the Minfernal spawns are tied to all the other battle pet spawns in the zone. You almost need a second person to help kill all the battle pets in the zone while you sit in the minfernal area killing all the non battle pets or non minfernal battle pets that spawn. Then hope you get to it before anyone else does. I found the best way was to create a DK on Venture Company and just check once every hour or two will find one eventually.

Breehit
Pet Score:2996
Realm:Galakrond-us

Post by Breehit » February 11th, 2013, 12:18 pm

I suggest that you try Venture Company or Ravenholdt. It a pain to roll a new toon, but it may be the only way to get beyond the CRZ nonsense.

Poutinette
MVP
Pet Score:4898
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Poutinette » February 11th, 2013, 12:40 pm

Breehit wrote:I suggest that you try Venture Company or Ravenholdt. It a pain to roll a new toon, but it may be the only way to get beyond the CRZ nonsense.
You could create a DK as they begin at level 55.

But be advised that those 2 servers are rpPVP ones...

Dazzles
MVP
Pet Score:3964
Realm:Sargeras-us

Post by Dazzles » February 11th, 2013, 12:54 pm

Venture Co. Can't say it enough. I bit the bullet and transferred a level 85 alt. Best idea ever. Got Scourged Whelp, Minfernal, Giraffe Calf, Infinite Whelpling, Mocassin all in one day. $25 for an alt I never really play was a good investment for me.

Stabya
Pet Score:2086
Realm:Undermine-us

Post by Stabya » February 11th, 2013, 1:33 pm

I am now positive clearing other battle pets in Felwood will help with the spawn rate. I have seen 3 minifernals spawn today. One around 530 am, 9am and now 130 pm server time.

I have been helping people today as work is closed due to snow, and it seems when i kill a bunch of pets it forces some spawns in the minifernal area.

Several times it will be a stupid rat, but you can also get lucky

Yalina
MVP
Pet Score:3448
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Yalina » February 11th, 2013, 2:27 pm

That's ultimately how I got mine. This was months ago, and I hadn't been leveling my top pets as much as bringing a lot of level 1s to level 6 or so while farming for rares in lower level zones. I heard there was going to be a server restart on a Friday morning I had off, so in the wee hours of Thursday night/Friday morning, I took a character to Felwood to be in place when the restart happened. Then I worried that my pets were too low level for Felwood. I spent about an hour battling the tainted rats to get a team up to 15 ish. When I flew back to the Minfernal area to park her and go to bed, there was one waiting. I fully believe that battling (actually battling, not just killing) the other pets in the zone caused the Minfernal to spawn.

Talmar
MVP
Pet Score:12575
Realm:Sentinels-us

Post by Talmar » February 11th, 2013, 4:49 pm

One other option is to create a DK on a server in Brazil or Latin America. For me the time zone is so off it's much easier to hit the server at early AM but still be PM for me. Also, the number of CRZ servers with these are much lower and still very low pop.

It's how I got several of my rarer pets.

Mykro9
MVP
Pet Score:4355
BattleTag®:mykro9#1585
Realm:Darrowmere-us

Post by Mykro9 » February 11th, 2013, 10:41 pm

Not to derail the thread, but I also used the Brazil and Latin servers to get a fluxfire feline back when 5.1 came out.
It was VERY low pop in the gnome starter looking for FF so I would guess the same would apply to Felwood.
Making a Horde DK would put you at Org right after the starter, putting you that much closer to Felwood.
I have a crappy breed 8 Minfernal and want a breed 4, so I am thinking of doing the DK thing on The Venture Co. or a Latin or Brazil server.
mykro9#1585