Share pet collecting news and advice.
Doobjanka
MVP
Pet Score:9260
BattleTag®:Doobjank#1625
Realm:Madoran-us
WoD pet news speculation and datamined

Post by Doobjanka » April 5th, 2014, 7:20 am

Nothing officially confirmed yet, but per Quint's blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com/2014/04/wod-alpha-first-round-of-datamining.html

Pet Battle abilities and descriptions.
Carpnado: Summons a frenzy of furious fish on your enemies, dealing X damage, split evenly amongst them.

Tenacious and terrible, the mighty Hogs slaughters weaker enemies without hesitation.

Both heads are equally fearsome on the terrifying chimaera, each capable of its own unique breath attack.

The dark wings will cloud and consume the minds of the weak, because they are just so adorable!

This massive weapon of destruction has been miniaturized for use in the garden. Moles beware!

Made from bits and pieces of vanquished battle pets, dark magic, and just a pinch of love.

Cute enough to eat, but not recommended.

The frost, sometimes it makes the carrot stick in the ground. Not this one.

Possible pets!
Carrotus Maximus - Teaches you how to summon this companion.

Old Cooking Pot - Teaches you how to summon Lil' Leftovers.

Savage Safari Hat - Huntin' pets is dangerous business. Don't go out without your hat.

Mechanical Toucan - Teaches you how to summon this companion.

She also pointed out the tweet from @LeCraft: "No pet battle patch notes? Baby hippos, baby gronn, carpnado, elite pet trainers, eggs, and leveling stones. Boom. Plus more. #tipsytweets"
Baby Hippos, yes! Baby Gronn, even more yes!
Proudly volunteering to this website since 11/09!

Keltoroq
Top Rater
Pet Score:3561
Realm:Aggra (Português)-eu

Re: WoD pet news speculation and datamined

Post by Keltoroq » April 17th, 2014, 3:26 pm

I really loved the news of the Baby Hippo. Always loved Hippos and wish i could have them as hunter pet.....but this way also cool ;)

Lowbrowdeluxe
Pet Score:5394
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Lowbrowdeluxe » April 21st, 2014, 5:06 pm

Keltoroq wrote:I really loved the news of the Baby Hippo. Always loved Hippos and wish i could have them as hunter pet.....but this way also cool ;)
I'm assuming the 'Riverbeast' family of new hunter pets is the elemental hippo looking things.

As far as datamined companion pet stuff, the pictures of what looks like a new Ironforge-theme steamtonk are what I most want to hear about. It looks beautiful, and I love both my tonk, and dwarven tanks in general.

Simmias
Pet Score:4458
Realm:Frostmourne-us

Post by Simmias » May 15th, 2014, 10:50 pm

Carrotus Maximus - arena tourny pet?

Edonae
Pet Score:8952
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Edonae » June 20th, 2014, 7:58 am

Buried down in the Shadowmoon Valley zone preview: ( I'm too new to link it, so someone else will have to. It's probably on the WoW main site. )
You’re probably wondering if there are any creatures on Draenor that won’t bite your head off. Try heading over to the Shimmering Mor. This enchanted forest glade is home to wild faerie dragons. Awww, they’re just so cute! No, you can’t take one home . . . oh, who are we kidding? You’ll probably find an egg or some-such to raise eventually.
:)

Dakender
MVP
Pet Score:9654
BattleTag®:Dakender#1566

Post by Dakender » June 21st, 2014, 7:49 am

Post from yesterday on WoWHead showed some more new pets. Can't confirm they are in the list till monday, they working on the new build and it won't be up for this weekend.

Sproutling pets! Sun Sproutling, Sassy Sproutling, Nightshade Sproutling, Kelp Sproutling, Forest Sproutling, Autumnal Sproutling

More battle pets: Zomstrok, Weebomination

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » June 27th, 2014, 9:00 am

Just got a WoD beta invite so I'll definitely be keeping my eyes open for anything pet related.

Dakender
MVP

Post by Dakender » June 27th, 2014, 8:13 pm

If you can keep the game up long enough :) be sure to go up and get your Elekk Plushie from the Pet Battletaur, and play with him. Vendor next to the main trainer guy in ORG has an awesome stone to lvl you to 25 too. Only thing I don't like about this session is that they didn't copy my pets from live with the character copy..... :(

Might be fun ;) His first attack says "Rawr!: Imagine yourself as a real elekk and the damage you could inflict if that were actually true." it shows a shadow of a big one Rawring.... but nothing else, NO DAMAGE :) hehehe

Also if you want all your pets you have on live, Use the "Copy Account Data" button on the Copy Character window at the login screen. It will copy your pets over.

Slugggo
Top Rater
Pet Score:13685
Realm:Moonrunner-us

Post by Slugggo » June 28th, 2014, 2:55 pm

Dakender wrote:Only thing I don't like about this session is that they didn't copy my pets from live with the character copy..... :(

Also if you want all your pets you have on live, Use the "Copy Account Data" button on the Copy Character window at the login screen. It will copy your pets over.
Thanks for this! I'm in the beta and for a moment thought I was going to start leveling pets from scratch until I saw your note about the Copy Account stuff. Whew!

Dakender
MVP

Post by Dakender » June 28th, 2014, 9:17 pm

Slugggo wrote:
Dakender wrote:Only thing I don't like about this session is that they didn't copy my pets from live with the character copy..... :(

Thanks for this! I'm in the beta and for a moment thought I was going to start leveling pets from scratch until I saw your note about the Copy Account stuff. Whew!

Yea, it was very fuzzy so speak at first, i too was about to start leveling :( didn't know really what the Account Data meant till I tried it :) THANKFULL that let us keep them :) now I'm working on a 2 pet team for the celestials to see what the achievement is like for doing them with the Elekk in the group :)

Dakender
MVP

Post by Dakender » July 4th, 2014, 11:44 pm

Something I over heard/saw in chat today.... talking about an egg... Could it be:

Albino Chimaeraling
Drop: Egg
Zone: Shadowmoon Valley (Draenor)
"Both heads are equally fearsome on the terrifying chimaera, each capable of itsown unique breath attack."

Anyone on the Alliance side seen an egg drop?

EDIT: Well, i did find some Chimaer's on the little island south of the mainland. All lvl 100 mobs ;(

Dakender
MVP

Post by Dakender » July 5th, 2014, 11:22 pm

WoWzer time again, new stuff.......... Did a Google Search for "Gloomshade Owl" NOTTA........... been searching and can't come up with anything mentioned about it, BUT.

Running around questing, hoping for a new pet drop.... and seen a yellow paw come up on the map.... hovered mouse over it and it said "Gloomshade Owl (23)" for the longest time I could not find it. And it kept moving..... hmmmm, so did a /tar Gloomshade Owl macro and then set a key to "Interact with target". Walllaaaa..... had him targeted and then jumped on a mount and tried to catch up to it... didn't happen.... watched for a bit to get it's path and sat and waited, when it was in range I hit the interact key and this is what it said.

Some thoughts:
I have quested here before and never seen it today.... Yellow should be BOF...... was around 11:00pm cst...
Bad area. lots of agroable 91 mobs around.
It is NOT stationary, it flys way up high in a big circle. Eventually it flys low enough to a little hill to be within range.
Link to bigger picture with target and map location.
[url=http://s741.photobucket.com/user/Dakender/media/Games%20People%20Play/World%20Of%20Warcraft/WoW%20-%20WoD%20-%20Beta/GloomshadeOwlBig.jpg.html]Image[/url]
Location is in Shadowmoon Valley, North part of zone, just east of the Garrison and west of Windreaver's Rise.

Dakender
MVP

Post by Dakender » July 6th, 2014, 2:40 pm

Found another easy one, this one just walks around following a little kid.

[url=http://s741.photobucket.com/user/Dakender/media/Games%20People%20Play/World%20Of%20Warcraft/WoW%20-%20WoD%20-%20Beta/TamedStalkerBig.jpg.html]Image[/url]

Location: Temple of Karabor, to the left in the grass on the Terrace before you go up the last set of stairs.

Big Picture with map and target:
[url=http://s741.photobucket.com/user/Dakender/media/Games%20People%20Play/World%20Of%20Warcraft/WoW%20-%20WoD%20-%20Beta/TamedStalkerBig.jpg.html]Image[/url]

EDIT: Found total of 5 in this area now :) First one was a single pet, next two little kids have 2 pets each.

Down by the docks at Temple of Karabor, this one has one following the little kid and one stuck in a tree:
[url=http://s741.photobucket.com/user/Dakender/media/Games%20People%20Play/World%20Of%20Warcraft/WoW%20-%20WoD%20-%20Beta/TamedStalkerDocks.jpg.html]Image[/url]

North West area inK'arani Terrace of Temple of Karabor:
[url=http://s741.photobucket.com/user/Dakender/media/Games%20People%20Play/World%20Of%20Warcraft/WoW%20-%20WoD%20-%20Beta/TamedStalker-NW.jpg.html]Image[/url]

[url=http://s741.photobucket.com/user/Dakender/media/Games%20People%20Play/World%20Of%20Warcraft/WoW%20-%20WoD%20-%20Beta/TamedStalker-Map.jpg.html]Image[/url]

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13864

Post by Quintessence » July 6th, 2014, 5:01 pm

Very nice finds Dakender! I can't wait to see where these "boss pets" come in. Draenor version of the BoF dailies? Different type of quest chain?

One thing that has me somewhat concerned is that if it's Draenor's version of the BoF dailies, how many will we have to defeat exactly, and how far apart are they/how much distance are we going to have to travel? Flying really helped us make what we considered our own efficient trainer/BoF/etc. route in Pandaria, but even then it still took some time. Without player flying in Draenor, are these dailies going to take even longer?
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Dakender
MVP

Post by Dakender » July 7th, 2014, 7:07 pm

Dakender wrote:Something I over heard/saw in chat today.... talking about an egg... Could it be:

Albino Chimaeraling
Drop: Egg
Zone: Shadowmoon Valley (Draenor)
"Both heads are equally fearsome on the terrifying chimaera, each capable of itsown unique breath attack."

Anyone on the Alliance side seen an egg drop?

EDIT: Well, i did find some Chimaer's on the little island south of the mainland. All lvl 100 mobs ;(
EDIT AGAIN: not sure if it goes together , but did find White Chimaer's on Horde side, Tamed a white one and red one on my hunter.... But could they drop eggs? Found them in an area just a bit West of Colossal's Fall.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13864

Post by Quintessence » July 7th, 2014, 7:30 pm

Dakender wrote: EDIT AGAIN: not sure if it goes together , but did find White Chimaer's on Horde side, Tamed a white one and red one on my hunter.... But could they drop eggs? Found them in an area just a bit West of Colossal's Fall.
I can't remember where, but I remember reading somewhere that someone did loot an egg off of a Chimaera in the horde area. It hatched into nothing after the duration was up though. Its contents could still be NYI.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » July 7th, 2014, 8:23 pm

Quintessence wrote:
Dakender wrote: EDIT AGAIN: not sure if it goes together , but did find White Chimaer's on Horde side, Tamed a white one and red one on my hunter.... But could they drop eggs? Found them in an area just a bit West of Colossal's Fall.
I can't remember where, but I remember reading somewhere that someone did loot an egg off of a Chimaera in the horde area. It hatched into nothing after the duration was up though. Its contents could still be NYI.
While I was leveling on the horde side I did see someone in chat talking about his egg hatching and not getting anything but an egg yolk. It could be NYI pretty easily or it could be rare and no one has gotten one yet.

Dakender
MVP

Post by Dakender » July 7th, 2014, 8:28 pm

Kpb321 wrote:
Quintessence wrote:
While I was leveling on the horde side I did see someone in chat talking about his egg hatching and not getting anything but an egg yolk. It could be NYI pretty easily or it could be rare and no one has gotten one yet.
Remember where they were? Found two diff ones, ones by your garrison or the ones up by Colossal's Fall. Colossal's Fall would be nicer ;) the ones by your garrison are elites... and can't be tamed,,, I can tame the ones up north ;)

Dakender
MVP

Post by Dakender » July 11th, 2014, 8:58 pm

Blue posted something interesting a few minutes ago:

Posted by Zorbrix
If you wanna cook/eat something, you should grill up this

http://wod.wowhead.com/npc=79039

Dakender
MVP

Post by Dakender » July 12th, 2014, 4:27 pm

Speculation Time:

As of the last patch last night, There are some new ones added to your pet journal:

Dread hatchling - Warlords of Draenor Collector's Edition
Albino Ravager Wasp - Drop: Draenor
Black Ravager Hatchling - Drop: Draenor
Blue Ravager Hatchling - Drop: Draenor
Blue Ravager Wasp - Drop: Draenor
Brown Ravager Hatchling - Drop: Draenor
Gold Ravager Wasp - Drop: Draenor
Green Ravager Hatchling - Drop: Draenor
Green Ravager Wasp - Drop: Draenor
Red Ravager Wasp - Drop: Draenor
Runtish Gronnling - Drop: Your Attitude
Sky-Bo - Profession: Engineering

With all the "Ravager" pets, wouldn't it be logical for them to drop off "Ravagers"? Trying to remember where all I have seen them so far and testing, nothing yet.... Tried new area you have to go to first, Dark Portal, there are "GOLD" ones there, and Right before you build your Garrison, there are "BLUE" ones there. ? ? ? Again, speculating :)