Non-Upgradeable Pets

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Eltraan
Pet Score:4316
Realm:Anvilmar-us
Non-Upgradeable Pets

Post by Eltraan » March 30th, 2014, 4:39 pm

Hello all,

I apologize if this issue has been discussed elsewhere - I searched the forums but couldn't find a thread on this topic.

Most of you will already know that there are a handful of non-combat pets that can't be upgraded with battle stones, family-specific or otherwise, and if you try to do so you'll waste the stone in the process. I did this very thing yesterday evening, wasting 5,000g on a flawless stone to try to upgrade one to get the extra point on my WarcraftPets score. The pet I attempted to upgrade was either a Yu'lon Kite or a Sky Lantern, I don't recall which.

I opened a ticket confessing to my curiosity error to see if I could get my stone back - the GM who replied told me there was "no way to verify" which pet I used the stone on (?) so I wasn't able to get it returned to me. SOL, in other words. Very civil and helpful reply, as always, but I've spent the remainder of the weekend kicking myself for my naivete. I'm not King of the Pet Collections or anything, but I've come far enough to know better. :)

Is there a compounded list of non-upgradeable pets somewhere, either here on the forums or somewhere else? If not, could we work together to get one started?

Thanks

Eltraan

Waynebrady
Top Rater
Pet Score:13920
Realm:Stormrage-us

Re: Non-Upgradeable Pets

Post by Waynebrady » March 30th, 2014, 4:49 pm

It's a safe bet that most non combat pets cannot be upgraded, nor do they show as upgraded on warcraftpets even if they have been stoned. The only exception to this that I know of is the Argent squire/gruntling which I was told will appear on this site as rare even if you haven't stoned it. But yes, you can stone the Squire,/gruntling (I have in game).

As for an official thread I'm sure there is one but I would have to look hard for it. I made a post about the squire/gruntling which has some information from the admin on it: http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/f ... 837#p77837

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » March 30th, 2014, 4:51 pm

It was the sky lantern that is bugged. All other pets can be upgraded in game. The non-combat pets don't show the upgrade on the armory so don't show it here.

Waynebrady
Top Rater
Pet Score:13920
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Waynebrady » March 30th, 2014, 6:18 pm

Keep in mind they may be stoned in game but will not show up that way on the armory or on warcraftpets.com like the previous poster mentioned. They will show as green/uncommon. So if you're looking for a completely rare collection on warcraftpets.com (like most) it just won't happen. :(

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » March 30th, 2014, 6:58 pm

Think this was the most recent similar discussion: http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/f ... f=2&t=6542

This is my thread from quite a while back, with pretty much everything we know about the Sky Lantern: http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/f ... 88&p=70624

Long story short, it was the Sky Lantern you tried to upgrade, and you got unlucky, because it has only ever used up 1 of my stones and has otherwise automatically put the stone back in my bags after I've tried it. Every other pet can be upgraded.

Eltraan
Pet Score:4316
Realm:Anvilmar-us

Post by Eltraan » April 2nd, 2014, 12:34 pm

Thanks for the clarification on this guys. Appreciate it!