Rematch - All my teams are gone

Discuss your favorite pet addons and macros.
FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu
Rematch - All my teams are gone

Post by FuxieDK » September 7th, 2016, 2:42 pm

I have no idea what have happened, but all my teams are gone..

Is there a way to get them back??

Salus
Pet Score:8751
Realm:Hyjal-us

Re: Rematch - All my teams are gone

Post by Salus » September 9th, 2016, 4:38 am

By default, Blizzard makes AddonName.lua.bak files for every addon. Sometimes these can be quite out of date, but if you're lucky it's not too old. Check for WTF/Account/Your_Account/SavedVariable/Rematch.lua.bak - if the date isn't too long ago, that should give you most of your stuff back.

I can't tell you how many times TimeMachine or Windows backup has saved my butt with addon variables. You may find it worthwhile to sync your WTF folder with Dropbox or a similar service. Sometimes, WoW just seems to nuke everything on logout - I'm not sure why, but I suppose it's some sort of error on logout.

Also for future reference, if you login and all your addon settings are messed up DON'T DO ANYTHING. Alt-tab to Windows Explorer and check your addon settings folder. If the file sizes and modified dates are generally reasonable, it may be an error loading the data on login. If this is the case, logging out normally will nuke all your settings. You should make a copy of your addon folder and then kill the wow.exe process with task manager.