Rematch 4.0

Discuss your favorite pet addons and macros.
Gello
Pet Score:9171
Realm:Hyjal-us
Re: Rematch 4.0

Post by Gello » May 19th, 2016, 1:00 pm

Jerebear wrote:Is it possible to get a visual? I use the stanadlone window mostly (both minimized and not), so I am curious how this will look roughly.
Absolutely.

http://i.imgur.com/qOhb0SR.gif

The above has a "Bottom Right" anchor with default tab placement. The panel tabs across the bottom scoot to the left when the window is maximized and scoot back over to the right when minimized. That above won't be possible.

Instead when you choose "Bottom Right" anchor, it will move the panel to the right. "Top Right" will also have tabs aligned on the right. "Bottom Left" and "Top Left" will align tabs to the left. So the tabs will align with the anchor:

http://i.imgur.com/hFfoX6p.gif

I may add "Bottom" and "Top" anchors that will have tabs centered and the window will expand/collapse from the center axis. I'm also tempted to make tabs able to flip to the top so they stay in place for all the top anchors. But that will be earmarked for later.

There will be some other minor changes like the "Lower Window Behind UI" option will become default behavior (with the frame coming to front over bags and stuff when clicked) and the automatic use of smaller fonts for deDE clients will be going away. But nothing too drastic.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » May 19th, 2016, 6:59 pm

So I cannot see the difference in those images vs what the addon currently does (I have version 4.3.4). It looks the same. Sorry if I am being dense here.

EDIT: Wait, I use bottom right anchor. I am assuming that will be the same regardless but perhaps bottom left anchor is the change?
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Gello

Post by Gello » May 19th, 2016, 9:58 pm

The change is that if you use bottom right anchor, panel tabs across the bottom will be aligned to the right always. It will not be possible to align them to the left.

If you have "Move Panel Tabs To Right" checked, and a bottom right anchor, there will be no change for you.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » May 21st, 2016, 9:58 am

Gello wrote:The change is that if you use bottom right anchor, panel tabs across the bottom will be aligned to the right always. It will not be possible to align them to the left.

If you have "Move Panel Tabs To Right" checked, and a bottom right anchor, there will be no change for you.

Ok that makes sense then. With that in mind, the changes sound fine to me. No issues I can come up with off the top of my head.

Thank you so much Gello. We really do appreciate the work you put into this addon.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Darin
Pet Score:4312
Realm:Mannoroth-eu

Post by Darin » May 25th, 2016, 9:07 am

First: great Add-on, loving it!

The one thing i noticed is, that when you auto fill the leveling list, there is no guarantee, that your highest level pet is chosen for the queue. For example, if you have a level 10 and a level 20 pet of the same species, the level 10 pet might end in the queue, which are wasted levels if you aim to get every species to level 25.
I came up with a solution, by filtering the pets with a custom script before auto filling the queue.
The script selects the pets with the highest level and xp progress from every species.

Code: Select all

-- Collected battle pets with the highest level.

if not levels then
  levels = {}
  xps = {}
	for petID in AllPetIDs() do
		if canBattle and owned then
			if not levels[C_PetJournal.GetPetInfoByPetID(petID)] then
				levels[C_PetJournal.GetPetInfoByPetID(petID)] = 1
			end
			if not xps[C_PetJournal.GetPetInfoByPetID(petID)] then
				xps[C_PetJournal.GetPetInfoByPetID(petID)] = 0
			end
			if levels[C_PetJournal.GetPetInfoByPetID(petID)]<select(3,C_PetJournal.GetPetInfoByPetID(petID)) then
				levels[C_PetJournal.GetPetInfoByPetID(petID)]=select(3,C_PetJournal.GetPetInfoByPetID(petID))
				xps[C_PetJournal.GetPetInfoByPetID(petID)]=select(4,C_PetJournal.GetPetInfoByPetID(petID))
			end
			if levels[C_PetJournal.GetPetInfoByPetID(petID)]==select(3,C_PetJournal.GetPetInfoByPetID(petID)) then
				if xps[C_PetJournal.GetPetInfoByPetID(petID)]<select(4,C_PetJournal.GetPetInfoByPetID(petID)) then
					xps[C_PetJournal.GetPetInfoByPetID(petID)]=select(4,C_PetJournal.GetPetInfoByPetID(petID))
				end
			end
		end
	end
end

if canBattle and owned and levels[speciesID]==level and xps[speciesID]==xp then
  return true
end
Problem here is, if you use the default rare filter with this script and you have an uncommon pet that has the highest level of it's species, the species is left out. So if you only care for rares use this version:

Code: Select all

-- Collected rare battle pets with the highest level.

if not levels then
 levels = {}
  xps = {}
    for petID in AllPetIDs() do
        if canBattle and owned and select(5,C_PetJournal.GetPetStats(petID))==4 then
            if not levels[C_PetJournal.GetPetInfoByPetID(petID)] then
				levels[C_PetJournal.GetPetInfoByPetID(petID)] = 1
			end
			if not xps[C_PetJournal.GetPetInfoByPetID(petID)] then
				xps[C_PetJournal.GetPetInfoByPetID(petID)] = 0
			end
			if levels[C_PetJournal.GetPetInfoByPetID(petID)]<select(3,C_PetJournal.GetPetInfoByPetID(petID)) then
				levels[C_PetJournal.GetPetInfoByPetID(petID)]=select(3,C_PetJournal.GetPetInfoByPetID(petID))
			end
			if levels[C_PetJournal.GetPetInfoByPetID(petID)]==select(3,C_PetJournal.GetPetInfoByPetID(petID)) then
				if xps[C_PetJournal.GetPetInfoByPetID(petID)]<select(4,C_PetJournal.GetPetInfoByPetID(petID)) then
				end
			end
        end
    end
end

if owned and canBattle and select(5,C_PetJournal.GetPetStats(petID))==4 and levels[speciesID]==level and xps[speciesID]==xp then
  return true
end
Hope that's helpful for some of you. And Gello, feel free to modify and add the scripts to your add-on as you like.

Gello

Post by Gello » May 26th, 2016, 12:44 am

Those are cool thanks for posting them. You can also sort by level to get auto fill picking the highest levels first, but it won't take xp progress into account like your scripts do.

It's awesome seeing the script filter being used. :D

Vongalin
MVP
Pet Score:9331
Realm:Kilrogg-us

Post by Vongalin » May 29th, 2016, 11:05 am

Good afternoon all,
I had an idea for a new option in Rematch. Would it possible to calculate and display our Warcraftpets Collection Score inside Rematch ? Nothing would be linked, Rematch would just use the same scoring as the site does. Not sure if the same calculations could be used in the LUA scripts or not. Would be slick to see that score next to the Pet Achievement score in the main frame.

Gello

Post by Gello » May 29th, 2016, 2:17 pm

Vongalin wrote:Good afternoon all,
I had an idea for a new option in Rematch. Would it possible to calculate and display our Warcraftpets Collection Score inside Rematch ? Nothing would be linked, Rematch would just use the same scoring as the site does. Not sure if the same calculations could be used in the LUA scripts or not. Would be slick to see that score next to the Pet Achievement score in the main frame.
It is a great idea. I did look into it a while ago, even asking Breanni if it was okay to use her formula, but I couldn't get the petscore score from the armory on this site and the in-game score to agree. In the interest of not casting doubt on the score I decided to put it on hold.

Maybe it's time to revisit. I'll look into this again.

Mezcaal
Top Rater
Pet Score:6205
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Mezcaal » June 3rd, 2016, 9:07 am

I'm wondering if there's a way to make the breed show up in the Pet Journal as letters rather than icons? B/B, H/S, P/P, etc. I have an easier time reading letters than the rest.
>> Pet Interaction Guide https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16249 <<

Gello

Post by Gello » June 3rd, 2016, 9:47 am

Mezcaal wrote:I'm wondering if there's a way to make the breed show up in the Pet Journal as letters rather than icons? B/B, H/S, P/P, etc. I have an easier time reading letters than the rest.
The icons are from PetTracker Breeds. If you use Battle Pet Breed ID it will use letters instead.

Rematch doesn't get involved in interpreting the breed data, as much as I've been tempted to translate all breed sources to display as B/B etc. I'll look into that as an option. You're not the first who wanted to see breeds as letters instead of icons.

Does anyone prefer icons over letters? Or does anyone use the 3 or 3/13 numbering format for beeds?

Mezcaal
Top Rater
Pet Score:6205
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Mezcaal » June 4th, 2016, 10:18 am

I use both of those actually, I was hoping to whittle down the amount of pet addons I'm using is all. I didn't know the icons came from PetTracker though. Thanks for the reply. And no biggy really. I was just curious.
>> Pet Interaction Guide https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16249 <<

Gello

Post by Gello » June 9th, 2016, 12:16 pm

Today's update (4.4.4) is bringing a few aesthetic changes from a future update to the beta/live version.

A few extra notes:
- If you install this update manually, make sure you're logged out of the game when you do. Otherwise you'll see a ton of green rectangles until you fully exit the game. There are new texture files and most of the old ones are gone.
- If you use ElvUI, I recommend grabbing the most recent Rematch ElvUI Skin (1.0.4) to get improved skinning of the titlebar buttons.
- If you've ever created a new icon in interface\Icons and used it as a team tab icon, be aware that the icon will be blank on the notes and win record windows. Support for custom icons is being dropped for now due to issues masking custom textures.

Also unrelated to this update, but I wanted to mention a couple other things being removed in a future update if any have concerns:
- The "Type" queue sort order is going away if there's no great outcry. This seems a nonsensical order to level pets. The pet filter can easily group leveling pets by type if you want to look for one to stone or consider which type needs more in the queue. The queue order is the order you want to level pets.
- I'm considering removing the Tab-level leveling preferences and making it "global" via both the Teams button and a little preferences button above teams when it's active. Would the tab-level preferences be missed? I feel that a "global" preference would be a better tweak on super xp days or if someone has a preferred max level for their queue. I'm also redesigning the preferences window so it's tabbed to current team/other contributing factors and it would be nice if the "other" tab stayed the same and didn't change depending on the tab the team was in. And I also feel the team tab right-click menu is getting too much crammed into it.

Africanleopard
Pet Score:5560
Realm:Caelestrasz-us

Post by Africanleopard » June 9th, 2016, 2:03 pm

After the last update - not the one above, my spells from the opposing team disappeared. I am guessing this is another add on I may have accidentally deleted?

It used to show the 3 spells the pet had above the bar, and the cool down period. Now there is nothing, which makes it a guessing game for the wild pets....I don't PvP [yet...]

Just want to make sure its not Rematch :), and if it is, how can I check what is clashing with it...

Gello

Post by Gello » June 9th, 2016, 5:51 pm

Africanleopard wrote:After the last update - not the one above, my spells from the opposing team disappeared. I am guessing this is another add on I may have accidentally deleted?

It used to show the 3 spells the pet had above the bar, and the cool down period. Now there is nothing, which makes it a guessing game for the wild pets....I don't PvP [yet...]

Just want to make sure its not Rematch :), and if it is, how can I check what is clashing with it...
Those three buttons that show just above the bar at the bottom of the screen are likely from PetTracker.

Saido
Top Rater
Pet Score:9639
Realm:Alleria-us

Post by Saido » June 10th, 2016, 5:30 am

The Battlenet updates of June 9 / 10 seem to have nuked all my Rematch data! Hundreds of hours of research, entry, and fine-tuning. :cry:

I noticed it when I logged in to do DMF this morning -- my usual Feasel team didn't load. After the battle I went to Curse and updated Rematch, but that didn't help. It's as if some pathname has changed that's made it impossible for the addon to find its saved data; the result is that the addon appears to have been reset to its original default / empty state. (I saw this with at least one other addon as well -- all my Grid profiles disappeared and all settings were back to default).

Is there any way to get my data back, or am I out of luck? (I've looked at the Saved Variables files, checked my trash, and so on; I'm on Win7).

Gello

Post by Gello » June 10th, 2016, 10:21 am

:( It sounds like you did the steps I would've recommended, especially looking in your SavedVariables.

Just to be thorough, if you looked in Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\%accountname%\SavedVariables\Rematch.lua, also look in Virtual Store at C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\%accountname%\SavedVariables\Rematch.lua. You may need to show hidden files and folders.

In either of those two places there may be a Rematch.lua.bak that's an older backup. If you copy it over Rematch.lua in the SavedVariables folder it can go back to that earlier version. All this needs to be done while exited out of the game. Any changes made to those files while logged in will have no effect. If you're in the game now and you see what could be earlier data, I would recommend backing up that backup before you exist, just in case the game decides to overwrite it when you log out.

To anyone reading this: I absolutely recommend backing up your WTF now and then. Addons have no file i/o. Addons can do very little to protect against your saved variables from being zapped. Only last week I lost power while switching characters and lost 3k TinyPad pages, which is over 10 years of experiments and notes. Fortunately I had a recent backup. Without one, it would've been a catastrophe.

That said, Rematch does have a "Backup All Teams" option in the Teams menu of the Teams tab. It will export all teams and their notes and preferences to a text that you can copy and paste someplace (and import back if you ever need to restore them). But it doesn't contain your tabs or settings or specific breeds used in each team. A WTF/SavedVariables backup is always preferred.
Last edited by Gello on June 10th, 2016, 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vongalin
MVP
Pet Score:9331
Realm:Kilrogg-us

Post by Vongalin » June 10th, 2016, 10:52 am

Hello again,
Is there a filter already built-in or one that can be added via Scripts that will show pets that do not have a level 25 version ? I was looking at the one that show 'doesn't have a rare' and 'partially leveled' for ideas, but didn't have any luck.

I have about 2k extra Pet Charms after the 1.7k set aside for Legion and was trying to quickly identify where I am missing 25s.

Gello

Post by Gello » June 10th, 2016, 11:12 am

Vongalin wrote:Hello again,
Is there a filter already built-in or one that can be added via Scripts that will show pets that do not have a level 25 version ? I was looking at the one that show 'doesn't have a rare' and 'partially leveled' for ideas, but didn't have any luck.

I have about 2k extra Pet Charms after the 1.7k set aside for Legion and was trying to quickly identify where I am missing 25s.
There's one built in: Filter -> Level -> Without Any 25s

Saido
Top Rater
Pet Score:9639
Realm:Alleria-us

Post by Saido » June 10th, 2016, 11:19 am

Gello wrote: Just to be thorough, if you looked in Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\%accountname%\SavedVariables\Rematch.lua, also look in Virtual Store at C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\%accountname%\SavedVariables\Rematch.lua.
The Rematch.lua is from this morning; the .bak is from january.

When I look at the Rematch.lua file I see what look like a few release notes, and then a number of settings: would I expect to see team strings and notes?

ETA: Also, the VirtualStore pathname doesn't exist: instead, there's [...] VirtualStore\Program Files\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle Net\index.??? (The question marks are mine; there is no filetype extension for this file. I can open it; it's long strings of hex. I already had my comp set to show both hidden files and file extensions.)

Gello

Post by Gello » June 10th, 2016, 11:50 am

In SavedVariables the Rematch.lua (or Rematch.lua.bak) would contain all teams, settings, queue, etc everything that the addon saves. It's all in that one file.

If you haven't yet, make a copy of that .bak file from January (copy it to desktop or something), exit the game if you're logged in, then delete SavedVariables\Rematch.lua and rename Rematch.lua.bak to Rematch.lua. Then log in and see if teams are back to how they were in January.

Virtual Store is if you have the game installed in Program Files x86 (or maybe Program Files without the x86). I personally moved WoW out of that folder many years ago so I never have to deal with it.