Prestige now going to 19 (at least)

Discuss content found on WoW's testing realms.
Killerkarl
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Sen'jin-us
Prestige now going to 19 (at least)

Post by Killerkarl » February 1st, 2017, 6:21 pm

With new levels of Prestige being added up to level 19 do we yet know what level(s) the new pet(s) will be at?

Noel
Pet Score:13092
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Re: Prestige now going to 19 (at least)

Post by Noel » February 2nd, 2017, 2:39 pm

As of now we only know the pets awarded at prestige 6 level 50; which IMO is a crazy grind for non pvpers. I sure hope they don't add any more pets at higher prestige levels.

Killerkarl
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Sen'jin-us

Post by Killerkarl » February 2nd, 2017, 4:43 pm

Noel wrote:I sure hope they don't add any more pets at higher prestige levels.
Blizzard is sure missing the boat when it comes to a lot of their most ardent pet collectors hoping that they don't add more pets.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » February 2nd, 2017, 5:44 pm

Killerkarl wrote:
Noel wrote:I sure hope they don't add any more pets at higher prestige levels.
Blizzard is sure missing the boat when it comes to a lot of their most ardent pet collectors hoping that they don't add more pets.
Haha it does sound crazy, but I think it's the fact that we're being forced to do content to get pets, rather than a mix of some content plus maybe some luck/trading/gold saving.

As it is I'll be doing warden's towers forever...

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » February 3rd, 2017, 1:08 am

I can be a dead loss in PvP, but I wonder about another thing.
The game changes, and the PvP system may be reconsidered, rebuild and experimented upon again, within the expansion or two. What then? :twisted:
Will the pets (and mounts?) be available for a humongous amount of Marks or however their equivalent would be called?
Will they be unobtainable or go to BMAH?
Will be there new, fancier grind with everything reset because of the degree of changes?

I really should stop writing in the morning.

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » February 3rd, 2017, 7:22 am

This is getting a bit out of hand forcing people to do things like pvp for pets. Add in you have to do it on both alliance and horde and it is overwhelming and wrong.
At least make them tradable/sellable so one can still obtain them and others can profit for doing the grind. This system is a joke. I plain don't have time to level a horde toon, gear it up and then level pvp prestige. It is hard enough to level, gear and get pvp prestige on one toon. Add in the time it takes to have multiple professions now on one faction now I need to do it on another one. This has to be fixed.

Mastr
MVP
Pet Score:14016
Realm:Burning Blade-us

Post by Mastr » February 7th, 2017, 7:54 pm

This is my PVP expansion.
No learning the dungeons.
No raids.
No doing what I want.
Just keep clearing towers.....
And waiting for the next Prestige level

Badpathing
MVP
Pet Score:12840
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Badpathing » February 8th, 2017, 5:36 pm

I do the arena pvp and 3 towers each day on my main; about halfway through prestige 4 now I think. It's doable if you just keep up with the world quests. There is a guy in my guild who is a machine and does the arena WQ every time it's up, and the warden towers. He has done only a small, very small amount of BGs and he is now Prestige 8.

The bad part is the horde/alliance each having pets. So, on my lowly horde warrior I do the free WQ order hall valkyrie thing on the 500 honor each day. He's halfway-ish to prestige 2 now...It will be a long slog but at least it's kind of free.

The other thing to do is to take advantage of the BG weekly. Get a group of 4 other friends together and do the quest for a nice boost in honor levels. You might be surprised at how much more fun BGs are when you queue as a 5 man group.

Hearte
MVP
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Sargeras-us

Post by Hearte » February 8th, 2017, 9:00 pm

I sent an in-game suggestion earlier saying that we should get both faction sets of prestige pets for reaching the appropriate prestige level with one character. Repeating the same incredibly long grind for essentially the exact same reward isn't right, and it is turning a lot of avid pet collectors off. I encourage everyone who disagrees with the current prestige pet system to send an in-game suggestion via the Help menu.

Avalee
Pet Score:6870
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Avalee » February 9th, 2017, 9:58 am

I agree. I collected quite a bunch of pets in the past years. Spent a lot of real money for tcg pets, millions of gold for rare pets, but now, with this stupid pvp, that horrible world quest pet battles (do like 50 fights to gain just 1 pet), and the class hall only pets, I'm about to give it up.
I mean, I only have 3 max level charachters and may never get all these hard to get Legion pets. The new dungeon may be doable with some guides, but the other things.. It feels more like a boring job than a fun activity.

Badpathing
MVP
Pet Score:12840
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Badpathing » February 9th, 2017, 12:12 pm

Hearte wrote:I sent an in-game suggestion earlier saying that we should get both faction sets of prestige pets for reaching the appropriate prestige level with one character. Repeating the same incredibly long grind for essentially the exact same reward isn't right, and it is turning a lot of avid pet collectors off. I encourage everyone who disagrees with the current prestige pet system to send an in-game suggestion via the Help menu.
I am going to do this and I strongly encourage anyone reading this thread to do the same. if enough people suggest it, there's a decent chance it will happen.

Moppet
Pet Score:9294
BattleTag®:jilliene#1512
Realm:Frostmourne-us

Post by Moppet » February 12th, 2017, 8:00 pm

Badpathing wrote:
Hearte wrote:I sent an in-game suggestion earlier saying that we should get both faction sets of prestige pets for reaching the appropriate prestige level with one character. Repeating the same incredibly long grind for essentially the exact same reward isn't right, and it is turning a lot of avid pet collectors off. I encourage everyone who disagrees with the current prestige pet system to send an in-game suggestion via the Help menu.
I am going to do this and I strongly encourage anyone reading this thread to do the same. if enough people suggest it, there's a decent chance it will happen.
sent in my suggestion, hopefully something changes :/

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » February 13th, 2017, 3:51 am

Killerkarl wrote:With new levels of Prestige being added up to level 19 do we yet know what level(s) the new pet(s) will be at?
Where do you see that? When you mouse over the honor-points, it only lists up to P9..

Darkchyld
Pet Score:13808
BattleTag®:Darkchyld#1345
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Darkchyld » February 13th, 2017, 7:01 am

FuxieDK wrote:
Killerkarl wrote:With new levels of Prestige being added up to level 19 do we yet know what level(s) the new pet(s) will be at?
Where do you see that? When you mouse over the honor-points, it only lists up to P9..
It was data mined. Currently only the achievements are listed.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/6307-Patch-7-2-PTR-Build-23478
Last edited by Darkchyld on February 15th, 2017, 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » February 15th, 2017, 3:48 am

Darkchyld wrote:
FuxieDK wrote:
It was on data mined. Currently only the achievements are listed.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/6307-Patch-7-2-PTR-Build-23478
Ahh... PTR changes...

Should have been in posted in Beta/PTR forum then ;)

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13661
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » March 28th, 2017, 7:34 am

Whilst I certainly don't mind there being pets as PvP rewards (some people like pvp AND pets, so why shouldn't they be rewarded?), I DO have issue with having to do it on both factions! I would like to see it rewarded for the opposing faction when you get it the first time.