Got all the raf rewards, pretty disappointing

Arrange pet trades on US and Oceanic servers.
Demiano
Pet Score:13688
BattleTag®:daemono#1210
Realm:Garithos-us
Got all the raf rewards, pretty disappointing

Post by Demiano » December 8th, 2013, 6:31 am

Just a heads up in case anyones debating putting the money or effort to trade for the 4 new raf pets... they are disappointing. The 2 tigers are the same model as the sapphire tiger from JC, which is really small, they are green and purple incarnations. The 2 new tigers have the same movesets except for a bite or claw attack at lv 1, Sapphire tiger actually has different moves than these 2. The 2 Tigers will max out different stats even though they seem to start the same. The 2 pigs, silver and gold are identical stats and move sets.... (insert non offending politically correct slur HERE.... for crying out loud). ALL 4 PETS ARE UNCOMMON QUALITY so youll have to stone them and cant use anyone else stones obviously. The pets are boring or ugly, really unless youre a hardcore collector like me, forget it. THE MOUNT is really nice though, looks great.
Last edited by Demiano on December 9th, 2013, 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kaputt
Pet Score:2856
BattleTag®:kaputt#1861
Realm:Frostmourne-us

Re: Got all the raf rewards, pretty disappointing

Post by Kaputt » December 8th, 2013, 6:38 am

how long did u have to wait for the tokens to come in the mail? I'm still waitin and its been about a week

Faelar
Top Rater
Pet Score:6744
BattleTag®:Faelar#1331
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Faelar » December 8th, 2013, 6:47 am

took me exactly 1 week for each of the 4 accts I did, was staggered by a day or two but each one was 7 days to get it for me. And yes all 4 pets suck and all 4 are uncommon. Easily fixed by a stone. I just wanted them for the collection.

Melmo
MVP
Pet Score:11106
BattleTag®:Melmo#1842
Realm:Whisperwind-us

Post by Melmo » December 8th, 2013, 7:31 am

Battle-wise they may not be the greatest but I think all 4 pets look spectacular. I'm very glad to have my new little friends following me around <3 All their stats and moves were already available to look up on this site as of MoP release, I knew what I was getting and I don't regret it.

Kaputt
Pet Score:2856
BattleTag®:kaputt#1861
Realm:Frostmourne-us

Post by Kaputt » December 8th, 2013, 7:34 am

did u guys have to log into your RAF accounts and play them a little to get the reward tokens or did u just basically pay the subscription and leave the accounts alone?

Melmo
MVP

Post by Melmo » December 8th, 2013, 7:45 am

I didn't even make any characters on mine, lol. Took exactly 7 days to get the rewards, down to the exact minute I put in the code for my 2 months game time.

Demiano

Post by Demiano » December 8th, 2013, 8:10 am

Took less than a week for me, got all 4 same time and mount. It says you have a reward on the friends tab, you click choose reward you pick one pet or mount, then it says you can click again etc until you click 4 or 5 times

Mushalor
Top Rater

Post by Mushalor » December 8th, 2013, 4:52 pm

I'm disappointed in them as well and I haven't even finished up my RAFs, but it has less to do with movepools or skins. I don't mind that they have the exact movepools and skins since they're not technically re-done releases but Blizzard choosing to release previously restricted pets to us, finally. (I'm actually hoping they're paving the way for the murlocs...)

What I dislike and am disappointed in is that they're uncommon and a 1 per account linked basis for their cost. Even with sales it's still kind of ridiculous compared to the mount rewards.

Also, I personally would very much appreciate if OP could refrain from choosing to use phrases like
Demiano wrote:identical stats and move sets.... gay.
in the future when posting.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » December 8th, 2013, 5:14 pm

Seconded. OP reword your post please, thank you.

Sweetdr0ps
Top Rater
Pet Score:9135
BattleTag®:Sweetdr0ps#1199
Realm:The Forgotten Coast-us

Post by Sweetdr0ps » December 8th, 2013, 6:09 pm

I'm not disappointed, i'm happy to be able to obtain these pets that were previously restricted, also, the jc pet is a LOT smaller than the zipao tiger, i cant speak for the jade one yet as i dont have that one, it also has different noises that I personally find adorable. Also it was easy to see the skill-sets and coloring info via here before rafing I just don't see why all the pouting. I was annoyed with the uncommon quality but to be fair, they were that quality before we were able to obtain them. I am not crazy about the mount model but that is a personal preference.

That being said, I am a hardcore collector and from a pve/pvp pet battle perspective the move sets on them are not that impressive but again, this was set up before this promotion.

Vaerosi
Top Rater
Pet Score:10251
BattleTag®:Vaerosi#1664
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Vaerosi » December 8th, 2013, 6:52 pm

Mushalor wrote:What I dislike and am disappointed in is that they're uncommon and a 1 per account linked basis for their cost. Even with sales it's still kind of ridiculous compared to the mount rewards.
I have to agree with this. Mounts in the store are $25 while pets in the store are $10...and yet when you do the RaF it's one mount or one pet. Especially since they added one new mount and FOUR new pets, I think it would have been fairer / more consistent if you could choose from one mount or two pets per RaF reward.

Sweetdr0ps
Top Rater
Pet Score:9135
BattleTag®:Sweetdr0ps#1199
Realm:The Forgotten Coast-us

Post by Sweetdr0ps » December 8th, 2013, 11:57 pm

That I would agree, should be 2 pets per 1 raf

Mushalor
Top Rater

Post by Mushalor » December 9th, 2013, 2:20 am

Demiano wrote:(insert non offending politically correct slur HERE.... for crying out loud)
Condescension to a politely worded request is hardly an improvement. Mockery of the request aside, a slur, by definition, cannot be anything but offensive. "Politically correct slur" is kind of contradictory.

Ask yourself why you felt the need to respond as you have, and why acquiescing becomes an inconvenience to you as much as apparently viewed as necessary to only do so while imparting what reads as snide commentary.

Also: when people bandy about the term "political correctness" in this manner, they are usually attempting to insinuate that the person making the request is somehow overreacting, too sensitive, or otherwise being a nuisance. In truth, it's ignorance of one's privilege, as well as disdain for any possibility of needing to question the problem or the need to consider the use of one's words and the impact they have on others.

It may seem pointless or ridiculous to you, but it's damaging. Casual use and just as casual dismissal of what is a problem ends up undermining and further marginalising my--and others'--rights to respect. It emphasizes it's acceptable to equate unpleasant or disliked situations with sexual orientation as much as with a minority already struggling for said respect in nearly every aspect of their lives.

It's the same kind of attitude prominent in guilds, in LFR/LFG, and in RL. There are worse attitudes. You certainly didn't use the slur that really hurts, the"f" one, but it's still a problem, and you make it worse by attempting to trivialise a really simple request.

Melmo
MVP

Post by Melmo » December 9th, 2013, 5:19 am

Mushalor, he's probably a teenager and doesn't know any better. He's surrounded by other teenagers who use that word to refer to anything they don't like (equating "gay" with negativity, real mature and all) and also use the "f" word and even the "n" word freely like it's nothing. Sadly the younger generation has no respect for anything or anyone--it's all about them and their entitlement attitudes. I'm not saying it's right, I'm just saying that asking a teenager or young adult not to use such hurtful slurs is like asking a dog not to bark.

Demiano

Post by Demiano » December 9th, 2013, 5:35 am

Jeeze guys get a grip, you got nothing better to do than write paragraphs on this subject? Your lives are too easy lol. Im older than 2 of you put together most likely and been around long enough to not care so much about trivial little nonsense like this, the world has REAL problems with violence and evil being perpetrated every minute all in the name of religion or hate, and you worry about a term I used to describe how lame the pets are.

Melmo
MVP

Post by Melmo » December 9th, 2013, 6:36 am

Lame! That's the perfect word. That's all we're saying, you coulda used that word instead ;) It doesn't bother me that much, I'm used to it, I've heard it for the last decade profusely. But I do know some non-straight people who it offends when used in that negative context... just sayin'. I mean supposedly there's no greater insult while playing Call of Duty than being called "gay" or the "f" word ... just not really the nicest or friendliest way to word irritation about WoW pets, that's all >_>