Update on stolen VH by Killua

Arrange pet trades on US and Oceanic servers.
Demiano
Pet Score:13688
BattleTag®:daemono#1210
Realm:Garithos-us
Update on stolen VH by Killua

Post by Demiano » December 7th, 2013, 12:45 pm

Well she logged on 4 days ago and still no word about my Viscious Horror so shes stolen it, she also has about 40k worth of crappy pets but Id gladly lose those if I could just get back my horror :(

Dont anyone do business with her in the future.

Jeslena
Pet Score:3240
Realm:Azgalor-us

Re: Update on stolen VH by Killua

Post by Jeslena » December 7th, 2013, 1:24 pm

Might help to give people some more perspective by linking the previous thread
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/f ... =12&t=8355

Astraldr0p
Pet Score:4511
Realm:Dalaran-us

Post by Astraldr0p » December 7th, 2013, 2:31 pm

Did you message her or can you provide screencaps?

Demiano

Post by Demiano » December 7th, 2013, 10:23 pm

Astral, I cant message her, she dissappeared with a bunch of my pets that she was supposed to level including the Horror. Saw in friends list that she hadnt logged on for 3 weeks or so, then saw she was online 4 days ago which means shes still alive at least so Ive been robbed, Im not the only one though, she dissappeared with some other guys pets too.

Ive traded for millions of gold worth of pets on this forum lol, if I need to post screenshots to be believed well.... why would I bother lying about this after making so many valuable deals without incident over the past I dont know how long, really Im hoping one of her friends sees this and convinces her to do the right thing and give me my stuff back.

Astraldr0p
Pet Score:4511
Realm:Dalaran-us

Post by Astraldr0p » December 7th, 2013, 11:04 pm

Yea but she is also still on your friend's list and you have mentioned that you work weird hours. The viscous horror is still in her pet armory, which is probably yours. If she would have stolen it and if you are friends with her then wouldn't it make more sense to mail it to another toon that you don't know about?

The reason behind the screencaps is because if you both are online and she was either a. Not answering you or b. Pretend that she doesn't know what you're talking about then that's when I'll start concern.

The only thing I can think of is actually get that number and contact her directly over the phone or text. If this isn't feasible then get a way to contact you on Skype or vent/mumble.

I don't really care about the amount of gold in pets you've traded since this has nothing to do with it. I am just saying that I've seen more trades and sold items that is worth up to thousands of dollars through the Lolita community and bjd community handled their problem transactions with more time frame than 3 weeks

Moppet
Pet Score:9294
BattleTag®:jilliene#1512
Realm:Frostmourne-us

Post by Moppet » December 8th, 2013, 12:19 am

Demiano that really sucks, I'm sorry :x
She still has you on btag right? Or maybe you can get in contact with Jabart, who said he has her number

Jgcat

Post by Jgcat » December 8th, 2013, 12:32 am

I once mailed a friend two uncommon pets so he could stone him. He went AWOL for a week and I figured he quit so I contacted a GM. The GM was able to return the pets to me. Your situation is different, but perhaps you can try ticketing a GM.

Best of luck!

Demiano

Post by Demiano » December 8th, 2013, 12:44 am

Jgcat, wow that sounds promising.

Astral, me being online wierd hours has nothing to do with it hehe, you dont understand: in my friends list it shows she logged on 4 days ago, I was not online at that time I dont think, I wasnt messaging her, just saw that after 3 weeks away (last logged on 3 weeks ago in friends list) she was indeed on recently so is still kicking about but has made no attempt to contact me.

Pinrut
Pet Score:13878
Realm:Nagrand-us

Post by Pinrut » December 8th, 2013, 12:50 am

Have you sent her an in-game mail?
Have you considered:
Maybe she had a friend log on and check her mail/gather auctions etc.
Maybe she just logged on briefly when she got home and hasn't had time since
Maybe she's forgotten about the pets she had
Maybe she contacted other people first and didn't get around to you/forgot you/didn't know where to contact you

Just playing devil's advocate here, but I wouldn't say it's done and she's a thief just because she hasn't logged on and instantly messaged you. Contacting a GM is definitely a good idea - until then, just wait and see I guess :(

Littlething
Pet Score:2902
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Littlething » December 8th, 2013, 1:47 am

You seem so sure it has been stolen, but that is no real indicator. If you were both online, you whispered her and she ignored you, that would be more worrying. There could be a multitude of reasons why she never contacted you 4 days ago, maybe it was a friend or family member logging on to clear mail etc who is none the wiser about your horror. If she was hospitalised again this is likely imo. Personally I feel like she would have removed you from btag if she was stealing it, especially now she has reappeared. To me, the fact she had not logged on for weeks indicates that something big is going on irl. What would be the point of stealing something and barely logging on again when you could just remove the person and be done with it? Time will tell. I *really* do hope that she gives it back when she able to get on and gives a good explanation!

Unf
Top Rater
Pet Score:3272
BattleTag®:unf#1364
Realm:Doomhammer-us

Post by Unf » December 8th, 2013, 2:50 am

No offense, but if something really happened IRL, then your Viscous Horror isn't on the top of their priority list, so you can try to leave an in-game message or [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7839]contact[/url] via warcraftpets messaging to remind her.

Also ~200k isn't worth scamming at the cost of losing reputation/playtime for a month, if you think about it that way.

Moppet
Pet Score:9294
BattleTag®:jilliene#1512
Realm:Frostmourne-us

Post by Moppet » December 8th, 2013, 3:02 am

to present another argument... what if the battlenet account was just a throwaway RAF account?
I mean you can have more than 1 battlenet ids

Anyways it's a sucky situation all around, just have to be more careful in the future

Shinii
Top Rater
Pet Score:5470
BattleTag®:Shini#1888
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Shinii » December 8th, 2013, 3:38 am

First and foremost I hope you get your VH back! But if it this happened to me i would open a ticket (or 3 lol) contact that persons guildleader and let them know what is going on and if they have an alt or if anyone personally knows them.

Roisen
Top Rater
Pet Score:8772
Realm:Mal'Ganis-us

Post by Roisen » December 8th, 2013, 3:51 am

I'm sorry to hear that you have run into someone who may have had problems based on something that may have happened to them months ago and may be happening again. Which was a comment one person made, not knowing the situation at all, once in the other forum, that people are now quoting as fact.

I don't know this person like some here do but I've read both of the posts. This is my opinion of what *I* would have done if I had something come up irl but had commitments to someone in game.

If I were the person you traded I would have made sure to contact you (or have the person I trust to take care of my account contact you).

I would have made sure you understood the reason for the delay.

Assuming I had your irl contact info I would have contacted you irl.

I would take my responsibilities seriously, regardless of whether they are online or off.

But then again:

Some people are just inconsiderate.

Some people don't believe that they way they inconvenience people matter.

Some people when they can't finish a commitment can't actually admit to that and it stresses them out and makes them unable to cope.

If I were in your position, I would message her and ask to just reset the trade. I would say there were no hard feelings, and explain that all you want is your pets back.

But I wouldn't expect them back. This is a lesson for you, there are many wonderful people here, and there are some people who make mistakes, and people who aren't so nice.

*****I don't know which one this person is.******

But I would never trade anything to someone that it would upset greatly to lose.

I consider it gambling. I've had nothing but good experiences with people with regards to pets. But if I were to have a bad experience I would know that the chance of that was a risk I took, because it was worth the reward.

Demiano

Post by Demiano » December 8th, 2013, 6:12 am

Well what worries me the most is she had a team of levellers, 2 or 3 people, so I know they arent all gone, whats keeping the others from contacting me? This is why I am pessimistic, and its been like a month, she was only supposed to have it a few days.

Jabart
MVP
Pet Score:1878
BattleTag®:jonyeh420#1172
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Jabart » December 8th, 2013, 10:02 am

As I said before, some real life stuff came up for her, as she explained to me via text message when I checked up on my pets. She's not running away with our pets. Let's be patient and understanding. As others have said, her good reputation is worth more than a Vicious Horror.
Squee and Jabart on Madoran (H)
battletag: jonyeh420#1172

Killua
Pet Score:3004
BattleTag®:Kira#1388

Post by Killua » December 13th, 2013, 9:18 am

Hi Demiano sorry about not contacting you I got arrested for a DUI I made a deal where I would just get Speeding and not have it on my record as a DUI for if I went to rehab for a month. well I got confused when I got temp released for thanksgiving and didn't get back when I should have well I got out last night and now im back. Ill talk the person who has 1/2 your pet if you like I will finish leveling the unleveled pets I have and it will be no charge for you and Jabart because it took so long to level. or you can just finish picking up all the pets and it will be no charge at all

Jabart
MVP
Pet Score:1878
BattleTag®:jonyeh420#1172

Post by Jabart » December 13th, 2013, 9:43 pm

Just got my pets back, as expected. Thanks again! :D
Squee and Jabart on Madoran (H)
battletag: jonyeh420#1172

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » December 13th, 2013, 10:26 pm

It sounds as if things are slowly coming to a resolution, so I will be locking this thread.

We want to ensure that everyone involved in a trade is treated fairly and with respect. For future reference, it's recommended that you go through the proper channels before making a thread to call someone out for a transaction. Also keep in mind that sometimes a resolution may take some time. Glad to hear that things are slowly getting back on track, though!
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com