(US) Collector Edition and Blizzcon Pet Trading

Arrange pet trades on US and Oceanic servers.
Doobjanka
MVP
Pet Score:9260
BattleTag®:Doobjank#1625
Realm:Madoran-us
(US) Collector Edition and Blizzcon Pet Trading

Post by Doobjanka » October 13th, 2013, 1:38 am

UPDATE: After much discussion and community feedback, we decided to only block the trading of five (5) pets. A new sticky has been created detailing these pets in our Official DO NOT TRADE List:

[url]http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7491[/url]

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Since Collectors Edition and Blizzcon pets are considered the rarest of the rare, we feel that it isn't possible to trade them without breaking the WoW Terms of Service, which state that pets that can only be obtained with real money can't be traded for in-game gold and in-game pets shouldn't be traded for real life money.

Therefore, we're no longer going to allow trade posts that attempt to trade these pets.

There's nothing wrong with wanting these pets, but the best place to look for them is on [url=http://ebay.com]Ebay[/url] or [url=http://wowtcgloot.com]WoWTCGLoot.com[/url]. If you can't meet up in game and trade the pet for gold or other pets, with the exception of giftable Blizzard Pet Store pets, the legitimacy of the trade is questionable and it's something we cannot condone on these forums.

These new guidelines are being introduced to help protect traders from scammers and prevent the overflow of such threads on our forums. After much discussion, we decided to include all Collector's Edition codes (WoW, SC2, D3), Blizzcon and the non-giftable pets from the Blizzard Pet Store.

To be clear, the pets we no longer condone being traded in our forums are:

- Blizzcon Pets: [pet]Murky[/pet], [pet]Grunty[/pet], [pet]Deathy[/pet], [pet]Murkablo[/pet]
- Original CE Pets: [pet]Panda Cub[/pet], [pet]Mini Diablo[/pet], [pet]Zergling[/pet]
- Expansion CE Pets: [pet]Netherwhelp[/pet], [pet]Frosty[/pet], [pet]Lil' Deathwing[/pet], [pet]Lucky Quilen Cub[/pet]
- Diablo CE Pets: [pet]Fetish Shaman[/pet]
- SC CE Pets: [pet]Mini Thor[/pet], [pet]Baneling[/pet]
- Other Promotional Pets: [pet]Mini Tyrael[/pet]
- Blizzard Pet Store: [pet]Gryphon Hatchling[/pet], [pet]Wind Rider Cub[/pet]

These new guidelines won't be initiated against previous posts, but any future trade posts seeking to trade these or obtain these pets be subjected to closure, deletion or editing. This includes editing older posts to try to circumvent these guidelines.

Our trading forums have proven to be a wonderful resource for connecting players to complete their pet collections. It is our hope that this policy makes them safer and even more useful for collecting all of the other pets you may freely trade.
Proudly volunteering to this website since 11/09!

Pinrut
Pet Score:13878
Realm:Nagrand-us

Re: Pet Store, CE and Blizzcon pet trading.

Post by Pinrut » October 13th, 2013, 3:19 am

I'm not sure if I'm meant to respond to these posts, but I just want to double-check something.

First and foremost, I totally respect the stance of the forums here. I will say, however, that it's my understanding that it's perfectly acceptable to trade in-game items for in-game codes. So while trading someone pets or gold in exchange for a Tyrael redemption code (from the card is wrong), trading them for the redeemed in-game code is actually legitimate and within the ToS. In-game gold and items for in-game codes, but not anything else.

Luxxy
Top Rater
Pet Score:3423
BattleTag®:Retraxx#1868
Realm:Mok'Nathal-us

Post by Luxxy » October 13th, 2013, 5:48 am

Dumb question, What about if a person is trading one pet for another? like say a person has an extra ce code but wants a diff ce code and the other person has an extra one as well but a different ce and they just want to swap codes? no gold or real life money required, I don't see anything wrong with that, after all, it is a trading forum....

Wowkemon
Top Rater
Pet Score:13514
BattleTag®:wowkemon#1126
Realm:Cenarion Circle-us

Post by Wowkemon » October 13th, 2013, 5:58 am

Think they already thought about all the other circumstances and they are no longer allowed in anyway shape or form. :( Sad day!

Luxxy
Top Rater

Post by Luxxy » October 13th, 2013, 6:02 am

maybe maybe not.

Wowkemon
Top Rater

Post by Wowkemon » October 13th, 2013, 6:04 am

Luxxy wrote:Dumb question, What about if a person is trading one pet for another? like say a person has an extra ce code but wants a diff ce code and the other person has an extra one as well but a different ce and they just want to swap codes? no gold or real life money required, I don't see anything wrong with that, after all, it is a trading forum....

You need to re-read this This is very clear:
To be clear, the pets we no longer want traded in the forums are:
Blizzcon, Collector's Edition and other limited availability pets: Murky, Mini Tyrael, Frosty, Panda Cub, Grunty, Deathy, Mini Thor, Mini Diablo, Murkablo, Fetish Shaman, Lil' Deathwing, Lucky Quilen Cub, Netherwhelp, Zergling, Baneling
Blizzard Store: Blossoming Ancient, Cinder Kitten, Gryphon Hatchling, Lil' KT, Lil' Ragnaros, Lil' XT, Moonkin Hatchling, Pandaren Monk, Soul of the Aspects and Wind Rider Cub.

They wrote that to be very clear. Im not happy about it either, but it is what it is.

Luxxy
Top Rater

Post by Luxxy » October 13th, 2013, 6:07 am

Doobjanka wrote:Since Pet Store, Collectors Edition and Blizzcon pets are considered the rarest of the rare, we feel that it isn't possible to trade them without breaking the WoW Terms of Service, which state that pets that can only be obtained with real money can't be traded for in-game gold and in-game pets shouldn't be traded for real life money.
Guess you missed this part, at the end

"pets that cost real money can't be traded for in-game gold and in-game pets shouldn't be traded for real life money."

doesn't say one pet for another pet just want to throw that out there but we will see :)

Wowkemon
Top Rater

Post by Wowkemon » October 13th, 2013, 6:09 am

It says they dont want those pets traded at all in the forums. it does not need to say anything different. Stop looking for loop holes. There isn;t one. haha :)

Pinrut
Pet Score:13878
Realm:Nagrand-us

Post by Pinrut » October 13th, 2013, 6:38 am

Wowkemon wrote:It says they dont want those pets traded at all in the forums. it does not need to say anything different. Stop looking for loop holes. There isn;t one. haha :)

I get that! No more trading this stuff on the forums :D I just wanted to point out that, iirc, in terms of the ToS, not all of these are strictly against the ToS. Some are totally, others are kind of grey. But never expect Blizz to come in on your side on a trade that isn't in the scope of the ToS (i.e. out of game entirely) or against the ToS.

Wowkemon
Top Rater

Post by Wowkemon » October 13th, 2013, 6:40 am

I agree Pinrut, and i am a little dissapointed as i had a few pending trades for ce codes in the works. I hope they reconsider but as of right now,It looks like its a done deal.

Luxxy
Top Rater

Post by Luxxy » October 13th, 2013, 6:42 am

Wowkemon wrote:I agree Pinrut, and i am a little dissapointed as i had a few pending trades for ce codes in the works. I hope they reconsider but as of right now,It looks like its a done deal.
If they were already in the works....Id personally still go thru with them

Doobjanka
MVP

Post by Doobjanka » October 13th, 2013, 7:20 am

Wowkemon wrote:I agree Pinrut, and i am a little dissapointed as i had a few pending trades for ce codes in the works. I hope they reconsider but as of right now,It looks like its a done deal.
Pending trades are fine. It's the ones from today forward we will be focusing on.

Luxxy
Top Rater

Post by Luxxy » October 13th, 2013, 7:20 am

Doobjanka wrote:
Pending trades are fine. It's the ones from today forward we will be focusing on.
May I ask a Dumb question? :-p

Doobjanka
MVP

Post by Doobjanka » October 13th, 2013, 8:17 am

Sure!

Breanni
Site Admin
Pet Score:1499
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us

Re: (US) Collector Edition and Blizzcon Pet Trading

Post by Breanni » October 13th, 2013, 8:19 am

After a bit more discussion, we've further revised this policy to only exclude non-giftable Blizzard Pet Store pets rather than all of them.

Luxxy
Top Rater

Post by Luxxy » October 13th, 2013, 8:21 am

Doobjanka wrote:
Sure!
Now say I have a ce and someone else has a ce different from mine Are people allowed to swap or trade like that longs it doesnt involve real life money or in game gold or? Im sure theres a few others that are wondering the same to whether or not if we can trade one pet for another pet. a lot of what has been said seems to focus more around it being a no no if it involves real life money or in game gold. never hurts to ask! :-D Don't really want to get in trouble lol

Eirny
Pet Score:7709
BattleTag®:Eirny#1764
Realm:Smolderthorn-us

Post by Eirny » October 13th, 2013, 8:22 am

Breanni wrote:After a bit more discussion, we've further revised this policy to only exclude non-giftable Blizzard Pet Store pets rather than all of them.
Since the store mounts are giftable as well is it still acceptable to trade cageable pets for them?

Breanni
Site Admin

Post by Breanni » October 13th, 2013, 8:28 am

Luxxy wrote:Now say I have a ce and someone else has a ce different from mine Are people allowed to swap or trade like that longs it doesnt involve real life money or in game gold or? Im sure theres a few others that are wondering the same to whether or not if we can trade one pet for another pet. a lot of what has been said seems to focus more around it being a no no if it involves real life money or in game gold. never hurts to ask! :-D Don't really want to get in trouble lol
While we hate to be "all or nothing" about this policy, our thinking is that allowing people to trade prohibited pets for prohibited pets opens up these restrictions to potential loopholes and makes them more difficult to enforce. It also enables the potential for scamming.

So for now, we're saying all of these pets are prohibited from being traded on our forums, period. That may change down the road.

Breanni
Site Admin

Post by Breanni » October 13th, 2013, 8:30 am

Eirny wrote:
Breanni wrote:After a bit more discussion, we've further revised this policy to only exclude non-giftable Blizzard Pet Store pets rather than all of them.
Since the store mounts are giftable as well is it still acceptable to trade cageable pets for them?
Yes.

If they're not in the prohibited list, they're considered fair game for trading.

Luxxy
Top Rater

Post by Luxxy » October 13th, 2013, 8:34 am

Breanni wrote:
Luxxy wrote:Now say I have a ce and someone else has a ce different from mine Are people allowed to swap or trade like that longs it doesnt involve real life money or in game gold or? Im sure theres a few others that are wondering the same to whether or not if we can trade one pet for another pet. a lot of what has been said seems to focus more around it being a no no if it involves real life money or in game gold. never hurts to ask! :-D Don't really want to get in trouble lol
While we hate to be "all or nothing" about this policy, our thinking is that allowing people to trade prohibited pets for prohibited pets opens up these restrictions to potential loopholes and makes them more difficult to enforce.

So for now, we're saying all of these pets are prohibited from being traded on our forums, period. That may change down the road.
Thank you for your response :) and its even from the cute lil gnome! :-D If things to change and they are opened back up will you guys be posting letting people know?