(US) Collector Edition and Blizzcon Pet Trading

Arrange pet trades on US and Oceanic servers.
Breanni
Site Admin
Pet Score:1499
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us
Re: Pet Store, CE and Blizzcon pet trading.

Post by Breanni » October 13th, 2013, 8:37 am

Luxxy wrote:Thank you for your response :) and its even from the cute lil gnome! :-D If things to change and they are opened back up will you guys be posting letting people know?
Of course. :-)

Kaputt
Pet Score:2856
BattleTag®:kaputt#1861
Realm:Frostmourne-us

Re: (US) Collector Edition and Blizzcon Pet Trading

Post by Kaputt » October 13th, 2013, 8:58 am

This is a sad day. To be honest, WarcraftPets is the only forum I trust in to trade pets/mounts for CE codes. Had many successful trades and haven experienced scamming yet. A certain amount of trust is required to trade for codes because it usually involves one person going first and the other who is going after to live up to the deal. Because of this great community, I feel much safer to go first on CE code trades, handing over precious pets/mounts first before receiving codes. I totally do not have that confidence in other forums like the WoW pet forums. Now I don't really know where I can go to get CE codes if I do not want to spend real life money. :(

Breanni
Site Admin
Pet Score:1499
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us

Post by Breanni » October 13th, 2013, 9:20 am

Kaputt wrote:This is a sad day. To be honest, WarcraftPets is the only forum I trust in to trade pets/mounts for CE codes. Had many successful trades and haven experienced scamming yet. A certain amount of trust is required to trade for codes because it usually involves one person going first and the other who is going after to live up to the deal. Because of this great community, I feel much safer to go first on CE code trades, handing over precious pets/mounts first before receiving codes. I totally do not have that confidence in other forums like the WoW pet forums. Now I don't really know where I can go to get CE codes if I do not want to spend real life money. :(
We know that there are users like you, Kaputt, that have come to rely on our forums for these sorts of trades. We're not looking to penalize anyone or make it more difficult -- we're just seeking to help prevent problems that have cropped up on numerous occasions.

So while this is our current stance, that doesn't mean that we aren't open to further changes to this policy.

Luxxy
Top Rater
Pet Score:3423
BattleTag®:Retraxx#1868
Realm:Mok'Nathal-us

Post by Luxxy » October 13th, 2013, 9:22 am

Kaputt wrote:This is a sad day. To be honest, WarcraftPets is the only forum I trust in to trade pets/mounts for CE codes. Had many successful trades and haven experienced scamming yet. A certain amount of trust is required to trade for codes because it usually involves one person going first and the other who is going after to live up to the deal. Because of this great community, I feel much safer to go first on CE code trades, handing over precious pets/mounts first before receiving codes. I totally do not have that confidence in other forums like the WoW pet forums. Now I don't really know where I can go to get CE codes if I do not want to spend real life money. :(
I agree with you, I myself have made a lot of successful trades and never minded going first, with being on limited funds at the moment its not easy so trading is what I relied on, Its sad to see all this but it always takes that one person to ruin it for the rest of us that have been honest trustworthy and loyal. in my opinion we make our own choices, if a person can't be bothered to check out a persons rep before trading anything and then they get scammed then to me its their own fault, you gotta use your own discretion, use your instincts, think about things first, an most of all do your research, check around, has this person made a lot of successful trades? are they well known? etc you can not expect higher up people to play the mommy and daddy role if a trade fails, you made your own choice. but this is definitely a very sad day :(

Kaputt

Post by Kaputt » October 13th, 2013, 9:30 am

an additional point I want to point out is, websites such as TCGLoot are usually monetary based, u pay to get the codes.
For people like me who do not want to spend cash, this is really one of the few trading forums around that lets me get the CE codes I want without using RL money.

Leathercream
Top Rater
Pet Score:4119
Realm:Lightning's Blade-us

Post by Leathercream » October 13th, 2013, 10:02 am

So for tcg pets/mounts, once redeemed are tradeable in game.

Kravian
Pet Score:1952
BattleTag®:Brongly#1645
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Kravian » October 13th, 2013, 10:13 am

Just curious about one thing, what about non pet/mount tcg codes like those found in this thread of mine - http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6044&hilit=kravian ? Since making that post I have acquired 10 of those codes without a single problem and have met nothing but cool people along the way. I totally understand the desire to protect the community from scams but I also think the community knows you have to trade at your own risk. Either way I will respect your rules and I love this site, i'm just hoping for some clarification on this.

Sweetdr0ps
Top Rater
Pet Score:9135
BattleTag®:Sweetdr0ps#1199
Realm:The Forgotten Coast-us

Post by Sweetdr0ps » October 13th, 2013, 12:07 pm

Well that sucks

Llamallab
Pet Score:4399
Realm:Runetotem-us

Post by Llamallab » October 13th, 2013, 12:48 pm

=( i was about to ask about selling my Burning crusade collectors edition extra sealed box =/ needing some RL cash.. rather sell it here then ebay or w/e... =(

Abizzmyl
Pet Score:9730
BattleTag®:Rellish#1195
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Abizzmyl » October 13th, 2013, 4:19 pm

Luxxy wrote:
I agree with you, I myself have made a lot of successful trades and never minded going first, with being on limited funds at the moment its not easy so trading is what I relied on, Its sad to see all this but it always takes that one person to ruin it for the rest of us that have been honest trustworthy and loyal. in my opinion we make our own choices, if a person can't be bothered to check out a persons rep before trading anything and then they get scammed then to me its their own fault, you gotta use your own discretion, use your instincts, think about things first, an most of all do your research, check around, has this person made a lot of successful trades? are they well known? etc you can not expect higher up people to play the mommy and daddy role if a trade fails, you made your own choice. but this is definitely a very sad day :(
Totally agree with both of you. It was through this forum that I successfully traded for my Deathy, Murkablo and BC/Cata/MoP CE pets. It's proven to be a great community for trading with others and I was certainly hoping to do more trades in the future for the remaining codes I don't have. I guess I'll have to give up on the idea now since like Kaputt I don't have enough trust in those on the WoW forums to try code trading there and, having a family, I can't justify sinking hundreds of RL dollars on in-game pixels. Fingers crossed that a way can be found for these types of trades to be allowed again in the future.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » October 13th, 2013, 5:25 pm

I'm one of those "won't spend RL money for in game items" types, so this forum has been the only way for me to get pets that were previously out of reach. It's unfortunate that some people might've had some bad experiences that have caused this change to become necessary. I've had nothing but good trades here and certainly encourage new potential traders to try it, as it is pretty addictive trying to strike a deal for a pet you want!

I did see the post when it first went up last night but I'm glad that there's already been some revisions made to allow for store pets - shows that you guys really are taking feedback into consideration.

Ofthewhale
Pet Score:1862
Realm:Dragonblight-us

Post by Ofthewhale » October 13th, 2013, 7:49 pm

As someone who has bought codes/sold codes on these very forums (for the little time I have been here) this makes me really sad. The userbase here is so nice compared to other websites I won't mention... But it looks like I have to go back to those said websites :\

Doobjanka
MVP
Pet Score:9260
BattleTag®:Doobjank#1625
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Doobjanka » October 13th, 2013, 8:21 pm

We're reading all the feedback in this thread are are thinking of just limiting it to the most expensive of the lot. Keep telling us what you think. We're listening!
Proudly volunteering to this website since 11/09!

Luxxy
Top Rater

Post by Luxxy » October 13th, 2013, 8:49 pm

Doobjanka wrote:We're reading all the feedback in this thread are are thinking of just limiting it to the most expensive of the lot. Keep telling us what you think. We're listening!
Personally I think it should be up to the person them selves everyone has the ability to use discretion in trading , even when it comes to some store pets or even tcg you can still get scammed regardless, kinda going along with what I said above, that its a persons own fault if that do not use discretion. Id quote what I said above but Im not really sure how to do that at the moment haha! majority of us are prob adults, we should be using common sense, if something doesn't feel right no matter how bad you want the pet do not do it. I have been careful since day one, I haven't traded with anyone unless Ive seen they have made a decent amount of successful trades, I tend to stay away from the ones that seem a little on the shady side. I do not however think that the the whole " I won't go first" should be allowed, I stay away from trades like that unless I know the person, I also think that real life money should be left out of it, that is what ebay is for, buying a store pet or going and buying a ce (with your own money) to trade for another pet is one thing but posting a pet and saying "looking to get some RL money for this" is another, Warcraftpets isn't an Auction. really not sure if any of this makes sense but like I said in an above post just be smart and use your discretion. Another idea that could also narrow down bad trades and also help out new members to the trading forum maybe have something like a black list or something, so that if someone did get scammed they can let others know to not do trades with a person but with something like that there would be a lot of pros an cons to it and end up being abused and used in the wrong way. hope maybe this makes sense lol :D

Boinx
Pet Score:2806
BattleTag®:Boinx#1228
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Boinx » October 13th, 2013, 9:22 pm

I like seeing the trades where it's still realistic to offer pets for the code since it still feels like pet trading. It starts feeling kind of sketchy when someone asks for millions of gold since I cannot think of a lot of legitimate uses for that much gold.

But if you feel like you can help people avoid getting scammed or avoid breaking the ToS by being a little more restrictive, it probably makes sense. I'm sure I'm not the only one that doesn't even understand what Blizzard allows and does not allow when trading for pet codes.

Doobjanka
MVP
Pet Score:9260
BattleTag®:Doobjank#1625
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Doobjanka » October 13th, 2013, 9:28 pm

It would be way too much work to keep a white list or black list of people with positive trades or negative ones.

I have been perusing some of the higher end traders and they already link to positive feedback from others, which is a good way to build up a reputation. In the end, it would be up to the community to decide who is trustworthy and who not to deal with, but without bashing other members.
Proudly volunteering to this website since 11/09!

Luxxy
Top Rater

Post by Luxxy » October 13th, 2013, 9:33 pm

Doobjanka wrote:It would be way too much work to keep a white list or black list of people with positive trades or negative ones.

I have been perusing some of the higher end traders and they already link to positive feedback from others, which is a good way to build up a reputation. In the end, it would be up to the community to decide who is trustworthy and who not to deal with, but without bashing other members.
That is actually one of the cons that came to mind about the whole idea. usually you can tell whose trustworthy or not just by looking at previous trade posts on the forum and most people can get an idea just from that, but unfortunately not everyone will go and do that :-/

Ofthewhale
Pet Score:1862
Realm:Dragonblight-us

Post by Ofthewhale » October 13th, 2013, 10:42 pm

A very simple way to avoid the majority of scams is to use a middleman, I did a very large amount of middleman work in TF2 with trades that consisted of over thousands of dollars of hats (yes, hats in that game could be in the hundreds of dollars easily).

From that though the community moderated a very slim middle man list, and it was common practice to tip your middleman after trades. It was entirely possible for a middleman to go rouge, or someone to impersonate a middle man... But if you don't rush your trade then those two things are easy to avoid.

Another solution is to just install a phpBB module that handles user feedback, then users can easily see past trades and judge themselves if it seems safe. Like on CAG it is easy for users to see that I have 100% feedback and can view the majority of my past trades (when I started trading on that site they didn't have such a robust system of tracking).

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/user/181519-d3solut3/?tab=feedback

Kaputt

Post by Kaputt » October 13th, 2013, 11:10 pm

I believe the line should be drawn when people ask for millions of gold or RL cash. Pets for codes or mounts for counts should be ok..

Luxxy
Top Rater

Post by Luxxy » October 13th, 2013, 11:36 pm

Ofthewhale wrote:A very simple way to avoid the majority of scams is to use a middleman, I did a very large amount of middleman work in TF2 with trades that consisted of over thousands of dollars of hats (yes, hats in that game could be in the hundreds of dollars easily).

From that though the community moderated a very slim middle man list, and it was common practice to tip your middleman after trades. It was entirely possible for a middleman to go rouge, or someone to impersonate a middle man... But if you don't rush your trade then those two things are easy to avoid.

Another solution is to just install a phpBB module that handles user feedback, then users can easily see past trades and judge themselves if it seems safe. Like on CAG it is easy for users to see that I have 100% feedback and can view the majority of my past trades (when I started trading on that site they didn't have such a robust system of tracking).

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/user/181519-d3solut3/?tab=feedback
Ebay has something similar as well where you can give buyer and seller feedback after purchases and you receive the item, could do something similar like that but trade wise.