Dandelion Frolicker Crystal/scary sprite rate increase

Arrange pet trades on US and Oceanic servers.
Nymphis
Pet Score:10073
BattleTag®:Nymphye#1206
Realm:Exodar-us
Dandelion Frolicker Crystal/scary sprite rate increase

Post by Nymphis » September 26th, 2013, 1:35 pm

Just letting everyone know that apparently as of today, the sprites spawn more frequently per crystal and the crystals also spawn more frequently. Good! Lol now I can get my blasted Dandelion :)

2 kills... 15 sprites... :)

Good luck all!
Nymphis

Annys
Top Rater
Pet Score:4729
BattleTag®:Annys72#1333
Realm:Mok'Nathal-us

Re: Dandelion Frolicker Crystal/scary sprite rate increase

Post by Annys » September 26th, 2013, 1:50 pm

Yea Nymphis..I noticed it last night when I had killed only like 5 sprites and then the scary sprite just appeared. Also happened to my husband when 2 showed up immediately..and Amen to that..bring on the the Dandelion!!

Phaidra
Top Rater
Pet Score:13848
Realm:Firetree-us

Post by Phaidra » September 26th, 2013, 2:01 pm

Thank you, Nymphis :)

Luxxy
Top Rater
Pet Score:3423
BattleTag®:Retraxx#1868

Post by Luxxy » September 26th, 2013, 2:01 pm

keep in mind it does not mean that the pet will drop like no tomorrow, for all anyone knows the drop rate of it could have been decreased, it could be still hard to get. no one honestly knows.

Nymphis

Post by Nymphis » September 26th, 2013, 2:04 pm

Lol the 25k dandelion frolickers on Illidan's AH that I saw 10 min ago were the reason I looked into this. The drop from the sprites might not have changed - but the fact that you're getting anywhere from 4-10 sprites per crystal is increasing the "rate" significantly.

Dominò42
Pet Score:1953
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Dominò42 » September 26th, 2013, 2:06 pm

Five new Frolickers have popped up on the Zul'jin AH in the last 24 hours. I was able to spawn 13 scary sprites on my 551 mage today, alas no pet. This change has clearly had a significant impact on how easily this will be obtained however. Glad I didn't trade my bombling for one =)

Luxxy
Top Rater

Post by Luxxy » September 26th, 2013, 2:08 pm

we will see, ive known some people that have killed 15 scarys in one sitting and didnt get one. so I still forsee it staying around a 30k-40k value not including the people that like to undercut. also keep in mind for the ones that care about the breed, some maybe more expensive then others. for example, the darkmoon rabbit, the s/s breed tends to be the more expensive one to get.

Adecesar
Pet Score:3394
BattleTag®:adecesar#1993
Realm:Destromath-us

Post by Adecesar » September 26th, 2013, 2:14 pm

Luxxy wrote:keep in mind it does not mean that the pet will drop like no tomorrow, for all anyone knows the drop rate of it could have been decreased, it could be still hard to get. no one honestly knows.
The price has already tanked. They're down under 50k on most big servers and as low as 10k on some of the smaller servers. And this is within 24 hours of the change - they were ~150k this time yesterday.

It looks like they haven't touched the drop rate, they just fixed the crystal respawn time (now ~15 minutes) and the scary sprite spawn (now ~5-10 spawn per minute, instead of 0-2).

Luxxy
Top Rater

Post by Luxxy » September 26th, 2013, 2:15 pm

I just still see it staying around 30k-40k breed depending and realm depending

Adecesar
Pet Score:3394
BattleTag®:adecesar#1993
Realm:Destromath-us

Post by Adecesar » September 26th, 2013, 2:21 pm

Luxxy wrote:I just still see it staying around 30k-40k breed depending and realm depending
Sure, it very well may end up staying there, but the early evidence suggests it will be dropping much lower than that.

Doobjanka
MVP
Pet Score:9260
BattleTag®:Doobjank#1625
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Doobjanka » September 26th, 2013, 2:23 pm

While the crystal does spawn a lot more frequently, and Scary Sprites can spawn more, the pet still has a low drop rate. Seen 2 in 18 attempts. Still, the chance is there for people to actually put groups together and actively farm it now.
Proudly volunteering to this website since 11/09!

Luxxy
Top Rater

Post by Luxxy » September 26th, 2013, 2:27 pm

Doobjanka wrote:While the crystal does spawn a lot more frequently, and Scary Sprites can spawn more, the pet still has a low drop rate. Seen 2 in 18 attempts. Still, the chance is there for people to actually put groups together and actively farm it now.
Exactly what im trying to say :) well said :)

Shaso
Pet Score:4094
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Shaso » September 26th, 2013, 2:30 pm

I noticed this last night as well, I usually got just 1 scary sprite, and sometimes none at all. But last night I had seven of them pop on me, and today I had 10.

Also today, out of those 10 kills, I got 3 pets! It was fantastic!

Shiranui
Realm:Cenarius-us

Post by Shiranui » September 26th, 2013, 2:30 pm

got 2-3 sprites per hunter, 1 sprite on the rogue; no pet yet.

Nymphis

Post by Nymphis » September 26th, 2013, 2:36 pm

Doobjanka wrote:While the crystal does spawn a lot more frequently, and Scary Sprites can spawn more, the pet still has a low drop rate. Seen 2 in 18 attempts. Still, the chance is there for people to actually put groups together and actively farm it now.
Oh I agree that the drop per sprite is still the same, but the fact that you're now getting 5-10 sprites instead of 0-2 is going to increase the "rate". That many more chances per crystal spawn = a better drop rate in and of itself. This has currently "tanked" (as one person stated lol) the price of the frolickers on many servers - and I personally won't be willing to pay as much or even half as much as they were selling for... but that is my personal opinion. As the rules state - everyone has their own value of pets. :)

Luxxy
Top Rater

Post by Luxxy » September 26th, 2013, 2:39 pm

Nymphis wrote:
Oh I agree that the drop per sprite is still the same, but the fact that you're now getting 5-10 sprites instead of 0-2 is going to increase the "rate". That many more chances per crystal spawn = a better drop rate in and of itself. This has currently "tanked" (as one person stated lol) the price of the frolickers on many servers - and I personally won't be willing to pay as much or even half as much as they were selling for... but that is my personal opinion. As the rules state - everyone has their own value of pets. :)
agree, Ive seen some people do some weird trades before all because they really wanted just one pet but I guess if the person values something enough?

Nymphis

Post by Nymphis » September 26th, 2013, 2:52 pm

Ok, this wasn't meant to be a discussion on the value of the pets or their likely drop rate. I just posted the info I found out as many people don't know as it wasn't posted around. I appreciate it when people post these sneaky hotfixes as I often don't find out about them... and was doing it for the benefit of the people who may not know.

In any case, I was only originally pointing out that the spawn on the crystals and the spawn on the scary sprites was increased, just so people knew. You can use that information how you see fit. Good luck hunting all! :)

Have a wonderful day!
Nymphis

Bmille40
Pet Score:3112
Realm:Suramar-us

Post by Bmille40 » September 26th, 2013, 3:14 pm

YOu can still only click on the crystal once per day, still correct?

Unf
Top Rater
Pet Score:3272
BattleTag®:unf#1364
Realm:Doomhammer-us

Post by Unf » September 26th, 2013, 3:27 pm

Bmille40 wrote:YOu can still only click on the crystal once per day, still correct?
Correct, but the scary sprite is no longer elite, so they die a lot faster.
Did this on my DK as Blood to survive the damage and I was still able to gather up and kill ~8 scaries today.
It's way less gear dependant, so do it on your alts!

Luxxy
Top Rater

Post by Luxxy » September 26th, 2013, 3:35 pm

Bmille40 wrote:YOu can still only click on the crystal once per day, still correct?
yes, only once per toon