Odd Ethereal Soul Trader Activity?

Arrange pet trades on US and Oceanic servers.
Kravian
Pet Score:1952
BattleTag®:Brongly#1645
Realm:Stormrage-us
Odd Ethereal Soul Trader Activity?

Post by Kravian » August 19th, 2013, 12:06 am

Tonight I noticed there were 3 different lvl 1 toons selling lvl 1 Ethereal Soul Traders in trade chat over the span of 3 hours or so. They were all spamming - WTS [Soul Trader] Cheap!!!. The first person I noticed was asking 200k. A little while after he logged and i saw a different named lvl 1 spamming the same thing, i asked him the price and he said 180k. About 20 minutes after he had logged there was another lvl 1 spamming the same thing with the same price. I also noticed in between the times when these various lvl 1's were on and spamming their traders, other lvl 1 toons were spamming WTS Spectral Tiger Cub 50k.

I know this is not definitive proof of anything but to me its suspicious and I just want to give a heads up to everyone.

Unf
Top Rater
Pet Score:3272
BattleTag®:unf#1364
Realm:Doomhammer-us

Re: Odd Ethereal Soul Trader Activity?

Post by Unf » August 19th, 2013, 12:28 am

Wrong forum to troll on.

Ioi
Pet Score:4334
Realm:Ravenholdt-us

Post by Ioi » August 19th, 2013, 1:00 am

Well seeing alot more for sale and for cheaper than normal doesnt really mean that much in a short span of time on the weekend.

Index
Pet Score:12739
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Index » August 19th, 2013, 3:08 am

Now, if only I could spot one this cheap on my EU server, I'd be one happy chap!!

Osteen

Post by Osteen » August 19th, 2013, 3:41 pm

I've noticed this as well...last week there was about 3 soul traders on my server and about 20-30 across all realms according to the undermine journal going for around 160k. I thought they were being duped personally.

Kravian

Post by Kravian » August 19th, 2013, 5:11 pm

I noticed today that there are 3 across north american auction houses selling for 150k buyout each. Months ago when i was first searching for a soul trader and there were only 5 or 6 available across all servers, i would have transferred a guild to that server and bought it in a heartbeat. Sorry to people that see this thread as a troll, just don't want anyone to get burned.

Ablutos
Realm:Blackrock-us

Post by Ablutos » August 19th, 2013, 6:00 pm

its unfortunate people think your trolling for trying to help out the community, I was told a week ago to liquidate my extra ST's the day before the wave of 160k ST's hit from the same source who told me a day before the Spectral tiger cub dupe hit. I have a fair idea whats going on but its all second hand info, all of that said i wouldn't be worrying atm.

Faelar
Top Rater
Pet Score:6744
BattleTag®:Faelar#1331
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Faelar » August 19th, 2013, 6:02 pm

I think for now we can assume it is just an influx from the card-set that added in all of the older pets. Until I see more soul-traders or brand new account level 1's selling them (like they did with spectral kitties) for now I will just think it is the cardgame ones coming into the market.

Nymphis
Pet Score:10073
BattleTag®:Nymphye#1206
Realm:Exodar-us

Post by Nymphis » August 19th, 2013, 7:12 pm

Faelar wrote:I think for now we can assume it is just an influx from the card-set that added in all of the older pets. Until I see more soul-traders or brand new account level 1's selling them (like they did with spectral kitties) for now I will just think it is the cardgame ones coming into the market.
Agree entirely. There is no reason to suspect dupes at this point, I'll only start thinking it when i see 15 or 20 people with ST like I did with the cubs. Until then, it's probably the new set making them a bit more common.

Nightabsm
Pet Score:6772
BattleTag®:Nighta#1141
Realm:Sargeras-us

Post by Nightabsm » August 19th, 2013, 9:59 pm

Nymphis wrote:
Faelar wrote:I think for now we can assume it is just an influx from the card-set that added in all of the older pets. Until I see more soul-traders or brand new account level 1's selling them (like they did with spectral kitties) for now I will just think it is the cardgame ones coming into the market.
Agree entirely. There is no reason to suspect dupes at this point, I'll only start thinking it when i see 15 or 20 people with ST like I did with the cubs. Until then, it's probably the new set making them a bit more common.

Agreed and agreed. I don't know if the whole level 6 thing for the cubs would be an on-going trend with other dupped Battle-Pets, but it's no secret more will be available with the new TCG set. It's also not like people do not have Soul-Traders to sell. I personally have always seen less Spectral Tiger Cubs than I had Soul-Traders (so much for that now ;P). Also, I haven't seen one drop below 180k on my Full Pop (Sargeras-Alliance), and I'm the only person with one in the Auction House and have been for 3 days now. One the other hand, there are 3 Viscous Horrors ;P I just really think people are afraid and want gold before they find out their very expensive Soul-Traders have been duped. After all the dupes for Crimson Deathchargers, Jeweled Onyx Panthers, Haunting Spirits, Spectral Tiger Cubs and all the other items I may have not included, people are just paranoid, or should I say cautious? Lol.

Osteen

Post by Osteen » August 21st, 2013, 8:25 pm

Level one came to stormrage tonight offering dragon kites 60k and soul trader 170 along with spec tigers for 50. Spoke broken english too...

Beteljuice
Pet Score:13835
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Beteljuice » August 21st, 2013, 10:11 pm

Osteen wrote:Level one came to stormrage tonight offering dragon kites 60k and soul trader 170 along with spec tigers for 50. Spoke broken english too...
Same thing just happened Kargath Horde side, though no Soul Trader (yet).

Nymphis
Pet Score:10073
BattleTag®:Nymphye#1206
Realm:Exodar-us

Post by Nymphis » August 22nd, 2013, 2:24 pm

Beteljuice wrote:
Osteen wrote:Level one came to stormrage tonight offering dragon kites 60k and soul trader 170 along with spec tigers for 50. Spoke broken english too...
Same thing just happened Kargath Horde side, though no Soul Trader (yet).
Those prices are close to on par with the $1=1k for the cards. Except for the cubs of course they're just shot. The BIN on ebay have dropped significantly on the more "common" of the high end tcg pets lately. Lol still not worried.

http://www.wowtcgloot.com/cheapest.htm?category=pets

Ackbah
MVP
Pet Score:3209
BattleTag®:Ackbah#1648
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Ackbah » August 22nd, 2013, 3:01 pm

Ablutos wrote: I was told a week ago to liquidate my extra ST's the day before the wave of 160k ST's hit from the same source who told me a day before the Spectral tiger cub dupe hit. I have a fair idea whats going on but its all second hand info, all of that said i wouldn't be worrying atm.
So I noticed this my 2nd time reading this....what kind of cloak and dagger stuff is this? Who the hell is calling you with the "Duper Update"

AB = super secret sauce guy :lol:

Ack )

Oh and btw...trading a Viscous Horror for a Soul Trader (any lvl)...

Gokugohanpan
Top Rater
Pet Score:9684
BattleTag®:Phoenix#1386
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Gokugohanpan » August 22nd, 2013, 7:59 pm

I was extremely suspicious/skeptical of this, and figured it was just an influx from the new TCG packs. However, now I'm fairly certain something fishy is going on. I'm not 100% certain it's via dupes (although the lack of B/B dragon kites makes me think it is probably the case), as it could be gold sellers buying cards and selling them in game for gold, selling that to people for rl money, buying new cards, ad infinitum. All of them severely undercut any other competition, and all of them are posted around the same time as each other.

Some of the sellers:
https://theunderminejournal.com/seller. ... =Adradrane
https://theunderminejournal.com/seller. ... evonjusten
https://theunderminejournal.com/seller. ... =Jaydelmon
https://theunderminejournal.com/seller. ... er=Fillann
https://theunderminejournal.com/seller. ... =Eriannath

Kravian

Post by Kravian » August 22nd, 2013, 8:14 pm

theres another level 1 on my server pushing cheap soul traders again, 160k is the price tonight. Ive been keeping a close eye on traders on undermine journal this week. After my initial post I did not see an explosion in sales like I expected, sales nationwide remained at around 10 up at any given time. Right now there is almost 30 soul traders on alliance side only. Something fishy is going on for sure!

Edit* - Should be noted that there are currently 9 or so on different servers ALL for 140k buyout..

Faelar
Top Rater
Pet Score:6744
BattleTag®:Faelar#1331
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Faelar » August 22nd, 2013, 8:28 pm

Yeah I had a level 1 on my server trying to push a soul-trader and a kite yesterday. I usually find them in Orgrimmar and inspect them. I always look to see how many achievement points they have. For example during the spectral tiger cub dupe usually they accounts only had 10 achievement points with Going Down? as the only achievement earned. This time the level 1 has about 80 points and had Going Down and some of the newbpie pet battling ones, like level a pet to 3 and 5 and some of the other minor ones. The only difference is this level 1 account earned some of those achievements a few months ago. So I am just keeping track, the next time I see a level one I look to see if it is the same account or someone else. I look for a pattern like that to help provide evidence that there is a dupe going on. But yes it is looking very fishy on ST and Dragon Kites right now.

Sweetdr0ps
Top Rater
Pet Score:9135
BattleTag®:Sweetdr0ps#1199
Realm:The Forgotten Coast-us

Post by Sweetdr0ps » August 23rd, 2013, 12:06 am

I am seeing more and more of these being sold now, ill hop from one server to another to see someone spamming something very similar "selling -ethereal-soul trader cheap!" or lvl 1s spamming tiger cubs, jewel mounts and soul traders, lots of lvl ones...seeing prices drop and an influx on a few servers...very suspicious, im inclined to also think they are being duped now.

Ablutos
Realm:Blackrock-us

Post by Ablutos » August 23rd, 2013, 5:16 am

Like i said last week -
Ablutos wrote:its unfortunate people think your trolling for trying to help out the community, I was told a week ago to liquidate my extra ST's the day before the wave of 160k ST's hit from the same source who told me a day before the Spectral tiger cub dupe hit. I have a fair idea whats going on but its all second hand info, all of that said i wouldn't be worrying atm.
Its not a influx from the card game, i trust who i got told this info from his been right on everything else. I don't want to go into details but if your on my FL hit me up.

Laraven
Pet Score:7886
BattleTag®:LaRaven#1620
Realm:Korgath-us

Post by Laraven » August 23rd, 2013, 10:38 am

Ablutos, add me. LaRaven#1620 I think I kno how they are doing it. It's obvious it has something to do with pets being cagable. But I would like to see what you know. Also, I need a DM Rabbit s/s.