trading for Blizz store pets legal?

Arrange pet trades on US and Oceanic servers.
Azrile
Pet Score:3600
Realm:Fenris-us
trading for Blizz store pets legal?

Post by Azrile » August 13th, 2013, 12:46 pm

I´d really like to get some of the Blizz store pets by trading my ingame tcg pets or rarer other pets. Is this legal, and is there a market for it?

Ablutos
Realm:Blackrock-us

Re: trading for Blizz store pets legal?

Post by Ablutos » August 13th, 2013, 12:53 pm

its a grey area, but yeah the general consensus is its fine.

Angelwings626
MVP
Pet Score:12264
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Angelwings626 » August 13th, 2013, 1:07 pm

I spoke to a gm about this. It's not illegal, but you do it at your own risk. If anything happens, they won't fix it. (ie give back your gold, or traded pet if the trade goes wrong, or you found out they used a stolen credit card to purchase the goods you got at the store....yeah for the latter they undo the entire transaction, take away your pet, and you lose what you traded.)

Azrile
Pet Score:3600
Realm:Fenris-us

Post by Azrile » August 13th, 2013, 1:17 pm

yeah, that makes sense.

I guess my next question would be if anyone had any experience with conversion rates. I am assuming the guardian cub could be used, but that seems a bit low IMHO.

Acarnis
Pet Score:1102
BattleTag®:Acarnis#1944
Realm:Exodar-us

Post by Acarnis » August 13th, 2013, 1:30 pm

Generally what I've seen/done my self is something along the lines of 1k gold = 1 US dollar. Generally it comes out about even, give or take a few lower priced pets.

Adecesar
Pet Score:3394
BattleTag®:adecesar#1993
Realm:Destromath-us

Post by Adecesar » August 13th, 2013, 1:39 pm

Acarnis wrote:Generally what I've seen/done my self is something along the lines of 1k gold = 1 US dollar. Generally it comes out about even, give or take a few lower priced pets.
Yep, this is accurate. Sometimes you have to pay a premium (something closer to 1.25k gold : 1 USD) but in general that conversion rate roughly holds.

Guardian Cub rates are way off because a lot of people had the same idea (i.e. "I'll buy a bunch and sell them!") and it flooded the market so the price has tanked as people are desperate to sell off their stock. The cubs are down to as low as 1.5k on big servers, any other store pet would be worth about 10k minimum.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » August 13th, 2013, 2:05 pm

It's not supported by Blizzard (if you get ripped off, they won't restore your gold), but most folks who trade here haven't had a problem I think. Do your research and trade with folks who have a good reputation on here and you should be quite safe.

I agree with the 1k = $1 conversion. It's not exact but it's a good starting point for figuring out a trade.

Beana
Top Rater
Pet Score:13317
BattleTag®:Beana#1484
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Beana » August 13th, 2013, 2:24 pm

Yes it's legal, but blizzard won't cover it. I have made many many store code trades if you're interested by battle tag is on the side. And 1K equals 1 dollar generally as a conversion.

Nymphis
Pet Score:10073
BattleTag®:Nymphye#1206
Realm:Exodar-us

Post by Nymphis » August 13th, 2013, 2:40 pm

Beana wrote:Yes it's legal, but blizzard won't cover it. I have made many many store code trades if you're interested by battle tag is on the side. And 1K equals 1 dollar generally as a conversion.
Can verify Beana on all counts, although I have found that for TCG pets the conversion can be a bit out of whack... things like the soul trader/blizzcon pets/ce's esp, but that's the rate I tend to follow. Now this may change with the new tcg set out, but I missed the last week or so of trading so, who knows, I may be the one out of whack now :D But generally for the store pets/mounts people go with the $1=1k ratio. You'll find many people on the forums here who will trade and most will be reliable, but the onus is still on you to check up on people you trade with as blizz doesn't care one way or another what happens lol. I wish you luck in your trades, I'm sure you'll have an enjoyable experience! :)

Gaijin
Pet Score:9380
Realm:Goldrinn-us

Post by Gaijin » August 13th, 2013, 7:26 pm

Azrile wrote:I´d really like to get some of the Blizz store pets by trading my ingame tcg pets or rarer other pets. Is this legal, and is there a market for it?

i did it in the past, what i can say avoid trade with ppl that you dont know well, because you probably will be without gold and without pet, it happened to me once.

All time that i did it i used the 1U$ = 1K when i trade with friends of mine they looked very pleased, but it was before Pandaria, you probably should see the reality in your realm, maybe 1k in your realm means too much, too few or a just price.