Spectral Tiger Cub Duping - info for traders!

Arrange pet trades on US and Oceanic servers.
Nymphis
Pet Score:10073
BattleTag®:Nymphye#1206
Realm:Exodar-us
Re: Spectral Tiger Cub Duping - info for traders!

Post by Nymphis » July 14th, 2013, 5:26 pm

Faelar wrote:The sad reality is I doubt they remove these pets. So people will buy them at 80k or less as they keep falling. It basically makes this pet worth far less than the ST now.
Sad but true. I know they were going to drop in price next xpac set - but ugh... there are so many out there now... I feel like I did the second year the Halloween stuff came out - I farmed my butt off for the squashling that first year... there were only a half dozen or so on my server - now everyone has an army of them :(

Faelar
Top Rater
Pet Score:6744
BattleTag®:Faelar#1331
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Faelar » July 14th, 2013, 5:27 pm

Makes sense! Pay a ton for the card on ebay for a pet that is now worth half as much as it used to be, at best.

Jimbodan
Pet Score:8469
BattleTag®:jimbodan#1642
Realm:Moonrunner-us

Post by Jimbodan » July 14th, 2013, 6:53 pm

This really sucks :(

I just bought a second one a month or so before the dupe wave to use as trade bait for a CE pet later on. At this point I think I'm just going to dump it on a server where the price hasn't been absolutely crushed. I wouldn't bank on Blizzard doing much if anything about this. Look at some of the other big dupe waves and how long it took and how little Blizzard even did.

Fluffybunz
Top Rater
Pet Score:2551
BattleTag®:Fluffybunz#1816
Realm:Illidan-us

Post by Fluffybunz » July 15th, 2013, 2:55 am

Hi there, Fluffybunz from Illidan - Horde here for anyone who know's me. I just wanted to drop in and let you guys know that some of these duped cubs are glitching and turning into an unusable "Pet Cage" when they go through the mail system. This happens be it by mailing it to another character or canceling the cub from the auction house.

Yellowlab
Top Rater
Pet Score:5566
BattleTag®:Yellowlab#1493
Realm:Ner'zhul-us

Post by Yellowlab » July 15th, 2013, 8:47 am

Fluffybunz wrote:Hi there, Fluffybunz from Illidan - Horde here for anyone who know's me. I just wanted to drop in and let you guys know that some of these duped cubs are glitching and turning into an unusable "Pet Cage" when they go through the mail system. This happens be it by mailing it to another character or canceling the cub from the auction house.
This is good news to hear. My cub just passed these tests. I know it's not 100%, but it sure makes me feel better. I bought the darn thing right as this all started.

Dragonwizard
Top Rater
Pet Score:6685
BattleTag®:Dragonwizard#1388
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Dragonwizard » July 15th, 2013, 9:56 am

Fluffybunz wrote:Hi there, Fluffybunz from Illidan - Horde here for anyone who know's me. I just wanted to drop in and let you guys know that some of these duped cubs are glitching and turning into an unusable "Pet Cage" when they go through the mail system. This happens be it by mailing it to another character or canceling the cub from the auction house.

MMMM so maybe a way to tell would be to talk to one of the peeps selling in trade and have them CoD it to you? Or does it show in the mail as the cub then turns into a unusable "Pet Cage" once you loot it out of the mail?
"Even when you are winning soundly, you must always give your opponent a way to retreat with honor. If you don't, then he has no reason to surrender. He will fight until the bitter end, and you will pay a larger price for victory."

Fluffybunz
Top Rater

Post by Fluffybunz » July 15th, 2013, 10:14 am

Dragonwizard wrote:

MMMM so maybe a way to tell would be to talk to one of the peeps selling in trade and have them CoD it to you? Or does it show in the mail as the cub then turns into a unusable "Pet Cage" once you loot it out of the mail?

Max C.O.D is 10,000 gold. And most of the people selling it/them are chinese dupers. The rest of the people selling are players looking to make a quick flip.

Dragonwizard
Top Rater
Pet Score:6685
BattleTag®:Dragonwizard#1388
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Dragonwizard » July 15th, 2013, 11:30 am

Really, I never knew there was a max CoD, guess that ends that thought.
"Even when you are winning soundly, you must always give your opponent a way to retreat with honor. If you don't, then he has no reason to surrender. He will fight until the bitter end, and you will pay a larger price for victory."

Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Poofah » July 15th, 2013, 12:08 pm

Interesting. A similar 'Pet Cage' bug cropped up about a month ago, and is still not completely resolved afaik -- links [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4514]here[/url] and [url=http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9280998546]here[/url]. It wasn't clear what caused it, but pets could randomly turn into Pet Cages if they were in a guild bank, or if you put them on AH or received them in the mail (via returns from AH). The Pet Cages had an absurdly high item level, and turned into 'internal error' when you tried to open them. The bug was definitely not restricted to Spectral Tiger Cubs, or any particular kind of pet (it happened to Pandaren spirits, TCG pets, archeology pets, etc.).

So it may be that the Pet Cage issue isn't entirely related to whether the Cub is duped. Also, some of the people in those linked threads had success ticketing a GM to get their pet back.

Fluffybunz
Top Rater

Post by Fluffybunz » July 15th, 2013, 1:37 pm

Poofah wrote: So it may be that the Pet Cage issue isn't entirely related to whether the Cub is duped. Also, some of the people in those linked threads had success ticketing a GM to get their pet back.
For people who only buy one duped spectral cub and encounter this glitch it will be ok for them to ticket a GM, because it is easy to claim ignorance that you had no idea it was duped. However, for people who buy them in bulk at a very low price in hopes of making a nice profit, they will have a problem claiming ignorance to the fact that they were buying duped pets and might have them taken away. (I am speaking from experience with Crimson death charger's from last year)

Diamondsoul
Pet Score:13082
BattleTag®:Beegkitty#1715
Realm:Earthen Ring-us

Post by Diamondsoul » July 15th, 2013, 2:34 pm

I have two guild bank tabs full of pets. I encountered the pet cage glitch with almost all of the pets in the two tabs. Normally, it only showed up in the bank but when I pulled them out they would return to their original state.

And I know I collected every single one of them myself. I think it was because I have had all of these pets for AGES and AGES. On a few of them, I would not be able to put them up on the AH. So I had to open a ticket. The GM said that it was because the pets I have all had old item codes from vanilla and that at some point they changed the item codes. So they took my old pets and gave me new pets. They told me to put in a ticket whenever I found another pet that had the problem because I had so many pets that he could not promise to get all of them in the first ticket. Not sure if he just flagged my account as being ok to change the pets.

Either way, I am sorry to hear about the duping. It really irks me when the scammers find a new way to rip us off. :(

Gruhm
MVP
Pet Score:3358
BattleTag®:Gruhm#1916
Realm:Cenarion Circle-us

Post by Gruhm » July 15th, 2013, 2:58 pm

don't think the Pet cage bug is related. I have an open ticket now on some expired auctions returned as cages. Nothing as cool as the Cub, but the bug is apparently not resolved.

Laraven
Pet Score:7886
BattleTag®:LaRaven#1620
Realm:Korgath-us

Post by Laraven » July 15th, 2013, 3:09 pm

The "pet cage" bug happened to me a few days ago with some TCG pets I kept in my personal gbank. I went to go get them and the now only show as "pet cage" can't learn them, says "internal error". Both pets were worth money. I'm not very happy. I will try to make a ticket, but from what I read, they are not fixing the issue or returning your pets at this time.

About the cubs. I'm sad as hell it's not worth much anymore. It was one of the rarest pets to obtain. But at this point, since Blizz will not address the issue, or do anything about it...I say go buy one while they are cheap. It's Blizzards job to inform us of stuff like this. Not OUR job to inform them. RIP Spectral Tiger Cub.

Sergio82
Pet Score:4832
Realm:Bleeding Hollow-us

Post by Sergio82 » July 15th, 2013, 3:11 pm

not sure about the spectral cub dupe, but two months ago I fell for the blizz store dupe.

i bought a cinder kitten code for gold. received the item on the mail, learned it, levelled it, battle with it, etc...

two days later it was still on my pet book, but it was grayed out (couldn´t summon or battle).

eventually I figured out that it was a purchased from the blizz store with a fake/stolen CC.

on the armory it shows me as having it (counts towards my total), but its pretty useless to me now.

I didn´t get any mail or e-mail from blizzard, didn´t get banned or accused of fraud, so i consider myself very luck (lost 8k gold but that´s no biggy - I guess the figure I was duped and looked the other way on the term of agreement infrigement based on my 8-year subscription track record).

however, the reason I brought this up is that blizzard CAN indeed do something about it. I don´t see anyone getting banned but maybe one day the pet will be gone.

Faelar
Top Rater

Post by Faelar » July 15th, 2013, 3:13 pm

*nods* But the situation with bought items like that is that they are just dealing with stolen credit cards. In the case of the spectral kitty and the Jewelled onyx panther before it is that it is all in game, so it isn't exactly dealing with stolen money that they have to return.

Fluffybunz
Top Rater

Post by Fluffybunz » July 15th, 2013, 3:49 pm

Laraven wrote:I say go buy one while they are cheap.
In my honest opinion, unlike the crimson death chargers I don't expect spectral tiger cubs to recover to what they used to be worth, simply because there is no way to take them out of circulation. It has been a year now since Crimson death chargers were being duped, and even though the supply of them has dropped substantially they haven't recovered to their previous price. I have had a few of my Chinese suppliers try to sell me the cubs for 70k a pop today and 50k in bulk. They are just going to keep on duping them till there is no money to be made from them, by then they will be too far gone to ever be worth what they are right now (~75-100k)

Faelar
Top Rater

Post by Faelar » July 15th, 2013, 4:20 pm

"chinese suppliers" Careful there Mob boss don't want to spill all the beans...heh

Sad this dupe is in the game and even sadder people are taking mass advantage of this by buying any of them let alone in bulk.

Poofah

Post by Poofah » July 15th, 2013, 4:23 pm

Fluffybunz wrote:I don't expect spectral tiger cubs to recover to what they used to be worth, simply because there is no way to take them out of circulation.
This creates a bigger issue with the Cubs than with Deathchargers or Queen's Garnets though: Deathchargers are created ingame and according to TOS have no IRL value, but Cubs are supposed to only come from an IRL item that sells for ~$200 (legitimately). If Bliz can't stop people from duping these kind of TCG-based items, and they're unwilling to delete them when they get duped, then why would anyone want to buy TCG loot items?

Poofah

Post by Poofah » July 15th, 2013, 4:25 pm

Faelar wrote:Sad this dupe is in the game and even sadder people are taking mass advantage of this by buying any of them let alone in bulk.
Philosophically, I agree. But if Bliz is unable or unwilling to delete the illegitimate cubs, then what is the difference between a lvl 6 Cub on AH today and one redeemed 3 years ago from a TCG code?

Jimbodan
Pet Score:8469
BattleTag®:jimbodan#1642
Realm:Moonrunner-us

Post by Jimbodan » July 15th, 2013, 6:14 pm

Fluffybunz wrote:
Laraven wrote:I say go buy one while they are cheap.
In my honest opinion, unlike the crimson death chargers I don't expect spectral tiger cubs to recover to what they used to be worth, simply because there is no way to take them out of circulation. It has been a year now since Crimson death chargers were being duped, and even though the supply of them has dropped substantially they haven't recovered to their previous price. I have had a few of my Chinese suppliers try to sell me the cubs for 70k a pop today and 50k in bulk. They are just going to keep on duping them till there is no money to be made from them, by then they will be too far gone to ever be worth what they are right now (~75-100k)

I agree 100%.

I ended up selling 1 of my legit Cubs yesterday for 140k and while I was sad to see it go I was also pretty happy with what I was still able to get for it. Unless Blizzard for once actually goes through and deletes all the dupes (fat chance) then the supply has already been greatly increased permanently. I bought 2 of the Death Chargers back when that dupe first hit before I really knew what was going on. 1 to learn and then 1 to sell to make back the money I spent when prices went up. Over a year later I still haven't sold the other Death Charger. I didn't want to make the same mistake with the Cubs.