(US) Mini Thor + Baneling + Archon for $99.99 in Blizz Shop!

Arrange pet trades on US and Oceanic servers.
Voskres
Top Rater
Pet Score:10910
BattleTag®:Vosk#1999
Realm:Cenarion Circle-us
Re: (US) Mini Thor + Baneling + Archon for $99.99 in Blizz S

Post by Voskres » July 16th, 2015, 3:37 pm

So what's the answer? We will be able to buy it if we have Baneling? Or we don't know yet?

Eltraan
Pet Score:4316
Realm:Anvilmar-us

Post by Eltraan » July 16th, 2015, 6:56 pm

Folks, many thanks for posting your GM conversations here for the rest of us to see - that was very thoughtful and helpful. It seems as though the powers-that-be are aware of what's going on and are working to change it, so let's cross our fingers and wait patiently. Us WoW players are good at that if nothing else!

Ssparkles
Pet Score:10167
Realm:Barthilas-us

Post by Ssparkles » July 16th, 2015, 9:06 pm

So this is what I just got back

"This is the latest response from Customer Support:
Hey there Sparky, I am Game Master J******

I understand you are looking into getting the bundle, but it will not let you make the purchase.

This is how the bundle is working currently, but we are looking into this further as many have been voicing there disapointment on this. In the mean time in the SC2 Legacy of the Void forums this is an ongoing discussion which is the best way to let those who can make changes to this hear what is going on.

Thank you for taking the time to ticket in so that we could help out.

I hope you have a great day and May the winds be ever at your back gently leading you to great reward. =D"

Voskres
Top Rater

Post by Voskres » July 16th, 2015, 9:50 pm

This is the thread I found

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/18300413547?page=4#77

There may be more

Faelar
Top Rater
Pet Score:6744
BattleTag®:Faelar#1331
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Faelar » July 16th, 2015, 9:53 pm

At this point if they are going to let you go back and buy SC CE's they need to do the same for WoW CEs. No reason that Vanilla CE should cost someone 3000 dollars or something stupid.

Melmo
MVP
Pet Score:11106
BattleTag®:Melmo#1842
Realm:Whisperwind-us

Post by Melmo » July 17th, 2015, 2:33 am

Totally agree Fae. If they can do it with Starcraft then they need to do it with WoW and also Diablo for that matter.

I started a thread on the WoW forums, maybe if a lot of people voice their interest in a re-release of Vanilla WoW we can make it happen! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/18300223890

Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Tekulve2012 » July 17th, 2015, 9:37 am

Big thanks for the heads up on this Melmo...I'll never play Starcraft but the Baneling and Mini Thor will now be in my pet log ;)

Melmo
MVP

Post by Melmo » July 17th, 2015, 10:06 am

You're so welcome Tekulve!!!

I... *might* play Heart of the Swarm now that I don't have to go through Wings of Liberty first. I'm just awful at that type of game, lol.

Yamum
Pet Score:4177
Realm:Khaz'goroth-us

Post by Yamum » July 17th, 2015, 6:33 pm

Looks like it's now gift-able. WTB!

Voskres
Top Rater

Post by Voskres » July 17th, 2015, 7:11 pm

This is the latest response from Customer Support:
Hey there Michael,

Thanks for getting in touch. I understand you're looking to upgrade your Starcraft 2.

Now, at the moment the bundle's it for snagging digital deluxe editions ofthe games, which is a bit tricky for those that have one or more already. That being said, we are looking into options to assist those like yourself (and myself) who picked up a Collector's Edition previously.

I'd advise keeping an eye out for updates on that, and looking into posting up on the forums (http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/). Getting a public discussion going on concerns like this is a great way to increase awareness (and speed along changes).

I hope this helps clear things up, and thanks again for reaching out, Michael. Take care out there! :)

Tokinalot
Pet Score:2874
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Tokinalot » July 17th, 2015, 11:10 pm

This is awesome as soon as they get the bug fixed(already bought the baneling:( ) I will be all over it.I've wanted a Mini Thor forever,if were lucky they are already working on the WoW bundle:)

Faelar
Top Rater

Post by Faelar » July 17th, 2015, 11:26 pm

My question is this. If I already own the original SC and expansion pets is there any way to avoid 60 bucks for the new expansion for the 3rd pet? The bundle is 100 for all 3, you'd think it would be some sort of deal if you just needed the 3rd, bleah.

Melmo
MVP

Post by Melmo » July 18th, 2015, 3:08 am

Fae, I'm sure they'd say:

"The bundle is $59.99 for Legacy of the Void, $20 for Wings of Liberty and $20 for Heart of The Swarm. It is not split into even thirds. Nice try tho!"

-_-

Adorabella_x
MVP
Pet Score:6944
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Adorabella_x » July 18th, 2015, 5:23 am

Ive just been told
When we first had reports of this, we reports it to the devs as a possible bug, since it did appear strange - however it's been investigated and confirmed that it's actually just how the bundle is designed to work; it's only available if you either have no Starcraft II games, or all of the standard editions. I imagine the reply you mentioned was probably just sent before we received that confirmation.

Obviously, as it turns out there are a lot of people in a similar situation to you who would love the chance to get a Wings of Liberty collector's edition, we've made sure the devs are aware of this. It's always possible they may decide to change how the bundle works, or add another option for people in this situation - for now though, as it is just how it's designed to work, we cannot bypass that.

We have no desire to punish or exclude people for being loyal customers - that seems counterintuitive really. So for now, I'd probably recommend you just wait and see what happens; the release date hasn't even been announced yet, so I expect there's plenty of time for the devs to look into this and see what solutions are avaiable. I hope they'll come up with something, but for now we'll just have to wait and see.

Sorry I couldn't do more to help but I hope this does clear things up a bit for you. If there is ever anything else you'd like to ask about, just let us know. Otherwise, I hope you have a nice day, and enjoy your weekend - take care :)

Faelar
Top Rater

Post by Faelar » July 18th, 2015, 5:40 am

Hmm let's hope something happens then for you guys needing separate CE pets.

Faelar
Top Rater

Post by Faelar » July 18th, 2015, 5:41 am

Melmo wrote:Fae, I'm sure they'd say:

"The bundle is $59.99 for Legacy of the Void, $20 for Wings of Liberty and $20 for Heart of The Swarm. It is not split into even thirds. Nice try tho!"

-_-
Haha yeah I'm pretty much resigned to the fact I'm shelling out 60 bnet for a pet. I am kind of jealous of those that can get all 3 pets for 100 though.

Melmo
MVP

Post by Melmo » July 18th, 2015, 8:53 am

I am kind of jealous too, lol. I mean hey, I paid $110 just for WoL years ago but I'm glad too because I'd rather have the box with the artbook & flash drive. The WoL box is probably my favorite collector's item I own. And I have Mini Thor either way, so I guess I'm just gonna wipe away my lone envious tear and be happy for our fellow collectors saving money XD

Aurae
Top Rater
Pet Score:10919
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Aurae » July 18th, 2015, 2:18 pm

Melmo wrote:I am kind of jealous too, lol. I mean hey, I paid $110 just for WoL years ago but I'm glad too because I'd rather have the box with the artbook & flash drive. The WoL box is probably my favorite collector's item I own. And I have Mini Thor either way, so I guess I'm just gonna wipe away my lone envious tear and be happy for our fellow collectors saving money XD
I'd much rather have physical CEs than digital, because I enjoy the extras that come with the physical editions. Digital, at this time, is merely a convenience. I still hunt for physical CEs I don't yet own, though. :p

I am glad to see they made it giftable too.

Voskres
Top Rater

Post by Voskres » July 18th, 2015, 3:04 pm

In my ticket I basically said, so the official Blizz answer is not not buy anything yet? Of course, I had a GM pop up in game about 5 mins later and try to explain but every time I repeated, "So the official Blizzard answer is not to buy anything right now" he would never say the words, "Yes." He kept waffling and pawning it off on the devs, saying the devs recommend holding off right now.

I thought the whole thing was very humorous and maybe I was a little more evil than I should have been, but I could never get him to say 'as a GM I am telling you not to give us money right now'.

Flaya
Pet Score:11345
BattleTag®:Lloyd#1841

Post by Flaya » July 18th, 2015, 3:13 pm

I just wish they made a bundle for the pets alone for folks who have no desire to play SC but want the pets for their collections. Just 100$ is too much for something that you cannt physically have for the future as eventually the games will be done at some point. Plus 100$ can go towards groceries or bills, not for something like this. Its different if it was a 10$ or 20$ as its relatively easy to keep a small savings aside for it, but for those who are financially binding atm...its not really viable or even fair. If they could do something like make the pets only at a 50$ bundle, that would be much better and have more breathing room for folks, like me, who are tight on spare fundage for things like this.