(US)WTS Grunty (Blizzcon09)x2 Mal'Ganis

Arrange pet trades on US and Oceanic servers.
Fluffywuffy
Realm:Mal'Ganis-us
(US)WTS Grunty (Blizzcon09)x2 Mal'Ganis

Post by Fluffywuffy » December 31st, 2014, 12:07 pm

So this is the first time I've done this and recently I have found myself a bit low on gold. I am looking mainly for gold trades on Mal'Ganis, maybe some awesome TCG toys plus gold even. Please note this is the first time I've done this... so I apologize in advanced for the clunky response and what have you.

I assume there is no safe way to do this? What do most people do?

EDIT- I have both managed to get a hold of a reputable middle man as well as contact a GM about the codes to verify both are working. I am now a lot less stressed out about this and decided I will sell them for around 325k~ each. Mal'Ganis - Horde.
Also, please note these are e-mailed codes I will be trading, not the unscratched physical card. Didn't want any misunderstandings.

Reply here or add me in game at Fluffy#1845.

Both codes still available. <3
Last edited by Fluffywuffy on January 2nd, 2015, 4:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Epidemic
Top Rater
Pet Score:575
BattleTag®:Tommy#14639
Realm:Emerald Dream-us

Re: WTS Grunty (Blizzcon09)x2 Mal'Ganis

Post by Epidemic » December 31st, 2014, 12:10 pm

Obviously you being new to Warcraftpets just like myself, we don't have a reputation really built up on this website so your best bet would be getting someone both parties can trust to middle man the deal. I'm not sure if your characters name has a good reputation for anything ingame but one person will always have to go first unless it's a middleman then both parties technically go first with trusting the middleman with both the code/gold.

Fluffywuffy

Post by Fluffywuffy » December 31st, 2014, 12:13 pm

That makes sense. I would be willing to do that. Even then, how does one know the code would work even through the middle man? Is there no way to check? I'd love a way to make sure I don't screw this up, so a way to double check the 2 codes I have would be awesome, since they are from e-mail and not a scratch-card.

Epidemic
Top Rater

Post by Epidemic » December 31st, 2014, 12:19 pm

There's one way but highly not recommended until you have a buyer lined up. You could redeem the code via TCG redemption page and it will give you a 2nd code ONLY activated on the server you chose when redeeming the first code. But also if you were to redeem the code on Mal'ganis and some kid sat there typing random numbers into the redemption box he could steal your pet. No idea if a GM would be able to fix that at all but more than likely wouldn't be able to help you.

Quick example of how the trade would go down using a MM:
(MM = Middle Man)
1. Buyer gives gold to MM.
2. You redeem the code on his server of choice.
3. Give 2nd code to buyer.
4. Buyer enters code and redeems the pet.
5. MM gives you the gold the buyer gave him ahead of time.

Fluffywuffy

Post by Fluffywuffy » December 31st, 2014, 12:26 pm

The only problem with that is that Grunty can't be redeemed on the TCG redemption page, only the code redemption page that you have to log on for.

Epidemic
Top Rater

Post by Epidemic » December 31st, 2014, 12:28 pm

Okay so same situation you would just get rid of step 2 and everything else stays the same.

Fluffywuffy

Post by Fluffywuffy » December 31st, 2014, 12:32 pm

Yeah, but I was mainly concerned with the ability to check if the code was valid. I guess there is no sure way to check, I'm just nervous is all, haha.

Taerie
Pet Score:4641
Realm:Lightbringer-us

Post by Taerie » December 31st, 2014, 12:35 pm

Fluffywuffy wrote:Yeah, but I was mainly concerned with the ability to check if the code was valid. I guess there is no sure way to check, I'm just nervous is all, haha.
Seems like the buyer should be the nervous one :lol: Why do you think there's a chance the code might not be valid? Are you looking for gold on mal'ganis horde or alliance?

Sibi
Top Rater
Pet Score:10062
BattleTag®:sibylline#1481

Post by Sibi » December 31st, 2014, 1:33 pm

I am fairly certain, although not entirely positive, that you can call Blizzard and they can verify the codes for you.
As for trading the codes, most of the people that would be interested in purchasing the code from you already have fairly outstanding rep via this site and none of them would be willing to risk that rep just to screw you over since trading in game goods through this site is their main means for obtaining the harder to get pets. Most of us are willing to vouch for one another. It would only be new subscribers that you may need to be leery of (I don't say this to be offensive to new traders, it's just that even when dealing with someone with tons of rep code trades are pretty nerve wracking).
I would suggest finding a way to contact Blizz to discuss the code. I know I've seen a few people say things like "I asked Blizzard and they verified the code for me".

Fluffywuffy

Post by Fluffywuffy » December 31st, 2014, 4:00 pm

I will look into asking blizzard to verify the code, thank you. And like I said, I'm nervous because I've never traded anything like this before aside from maybe a few cheap TCG cards like Path of Illidan and stuff like that. I guess I will just wait for someone to contact me and go from there. Thank you all for the responses! <3

Epidemic
Top Rater

Post by Epidemic » December 31st, 2014, 4:37 pm

I'd be interested for the right price feel free to add me. Also might have a friend who wants one.

Tommy#1970

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » December 31st, 2014, 6:07 pm

When I've added these codes on blizzards site with it's always told me the code was good and then asked me which of my accounts I wanted to add it to(multiple wow accounts from doing RaF for pets). I assume I could cancel at that point and the code wouldn't be "used" but you'd know it was good but I've never actually done that. I'd be interested in the code but I can only offer illidan H gold for it. if you want to talk a trade you can add me kpb#1554

Charax
Pet Score:875

Post by Charax » December 31st, 2014, 6:55 pm

Fluffywuffy wrote:That makes sense. I would be willing to do that. Even then, how does one know the code would work even through the middle man? Is there no way to check? I'd love a way to make sure I don't screw this up, so a way to double check the 2 codes I have would be awesome, since they are from e-mail and not a scratch-card.
Codes from an e-mail that you're not sure about? Ugh, that already makes me uncomfortable. Fortunately, I have an unscratched card (along with one that I used on my account), but I have no buyers here.

I tell ya, my friend. These battle pet collectors are looking for cheap deals with you bearing all the risk on the trade. Think everyone needs to be wary and uncomfortable lol.

Fluffywuffy

Post by Fluffywuffy » December 31st, 2014, 8:10 pm

Unscratched card is -WAY- more valuable. You can actually sell them outside of the game since they're not digital goods. I will add you when I get back in, Epidemic.

Sibi
Top Rater
Pet Score:10062
BattleTag®:sibylline#1481

Post by Sibi » December 31st, 2014, 8:11 pm

Charax, darling,
You don't have any buyers because you're asking for 400k on Emerald Dream and most posters don't have characters/bank alts on Emerald Dream.
Gold is generally paid on servers like Illidan, Zul'Jin and Stormrage. You're asking for nearly twice the EBAY rate of the pet in question and you're pretty much asking someone to transfer a guildbank full of gold to a server that most people don't want to have characters on. (And I can hardly blame them.)
As for the rest of your comment, no one is looking for "cheap" deals but on the same token most are not going pay an over inflated price. Some people will because maybe it is worth it to them but most of us are very unlikely to do so. We're all well versed on the value or every pet in this game. OFC those of us that have longstanding trading history here and very good rep are going to ask an unknown poster offering an expensive code to go first. None of us are going to risk the hard earned rep we've built up here to scam someone for 1 pet not when we still need several code pets. That would just be pointless. You on the other hand, have no rep here and for all we know are trying to scam us out of a very large sum of gold not to mention the actual money they would paying to move a character to your server in order to pay your exorbitant price.
Please, keep your snarky commentary on the Emerald Dream forums where you belong. No one appreciates you coming here implying that we're looking to scam someone out of their pets. No one here tries to cheap people out on their pets. In fact, if you were a member that spent any sort of time here you would see that we often catch people underselling their items only to say "Hey, what you have is worth more than you're asking for, you might want to re-think your asking price".

OP, ignore Charax. He isn't a collector or even a contributor to this site. Contact Blizzard, ask them if they can verify your codes then go from there.

Faelar
Top Rater
Pet Score:6744
BattleTag®:Faelar#1331
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Faelar » December 31st, 2014, 8:40 pm

Charax wrote:
Fluffywuffy wrote:That makes sense. I would be willing to do that. Even then, how does one know the code would work even through the middle man? Is there no way to check? I'd love a way to make sure I don't screw this up, so a way to double check the 2 codes I have would be awesome, since they are from e-mail and not a scratch-card.
Codes from an e-mail that you're not sure about? Ugh, that already makes me uncomfortable. Fortunately, I have an unscratched card (along with one that I used on my account), but I have no buyers here.

I tell ya, my friend. These battle pet collectors are looking for cheap deals with you bearing all the risk on the trade. Think everyone needs to be wary and uncomfortable lol.
I think some of us will take offense to the "collectors are looking for cheap deals with you bearing all the risk on the trade."
First of all I don't need to go first in trades anymore, why you ask? Because I've done hundreds of trades on this site and many of them involving CE/BNET/and other code trades.

Also most of us won't trade over the Ebay cost of an item because it is just silly to do so. There is a pretty fair established rate of trade that most people follow, 1k in gold is worth $1 in trade. And before you say something like "but gold sellers are much better!", yeah go ahead and risk your account by doing something like that.

Yamum
Pet Score:4177
Realm:Khaz'goroth-us

Post by Yamum » January 1st, 2015, 12:54 am

How much gold are you looking for and on which faction?

Fluffywuffy

Post by Fluffywuffy » January 1st, 2015, 1:28 am

I'm not sure yet, I was looking at at least 300k depending on offers. I will know more tomorrow when I have... a 'better' sense of, well, anything.

Charax
Pet Score:875

Post by Charax » January 1st, 2015, 2:19 pm

The most recent trade on this site for Grunty on this site seems to be 400K: http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/f ... nty#p93744

To use E-Bay/Gold seller conversion of $1 per 1K gold to justify a 50% discount seems very sketchy. Unless someone is desperate to liquidate, it's best to hold on to an appreciating asset for the right buyer to come along that is willing to match a recent market sale.

Good luck, OP. Don't liquidate for the "right price" as defined by buyers looking to flip for easy gold at your expense.

Fluffybunz
Top Rater
Pet Score:2551
BattleTag®:Fluffybunz#1816
Realm:Illidan-us

Post by Fluffybunz » January 1st, 2015, 2:40 pm

Hey Fluffywuffy, I'm interested in both of the Gruntys for gold or mounts on Illidan - Horde. Illidan gold is one of the most sought out gold in many WoW communities, including this one!

It looks like Charax over here linked you one of my previous trades involving a Grunty, so you have an idea of how I do my trades. Feel free to add me up on battetag if you're interested.

Fluffybunz#1816

Thanks