Trading pet store pets - Need details

Arrange pet trades on US and Oceanic servers.
Lycaon
Top Rater
Pet Score:2785
BattleTag®:Lycaon#1832
Realm:Blackhand-us
Trading pet store pets - Need details

Post by Lycaon » July 23rd, 2014, 9:33 pm

I can't seem to find it (I'm visually impaired so it's very difficult for me to read through huge walls of text) -- but something in the back of my head is nagging me that it's against the Blizzard ToS to trade store pets for in-game pets. I know the Guardian Cub is not marked as 'not tradeable' so it can be traded in-game, but I'm not sure about the others.

Due to my vision, I'm an extremely casual player, and don't have access to a lot of the pets I'd like to collect. I'd lean toward offering pet store pets in exchange for in-game pets, but again, something in the back of my mind says it'd violate the ToS.

Can anyone paste/link me to anything where this is the case? Also, if anyone happens to have ideas on ways I can obtain pets without requiring tons of gold or money, I'm game :) I pet battle a lot because it obviously doesn't require good vision and snap decisions, but I'm not terribly good at soloing raids to get the couple I'm missing.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Trading pet store pets - Need details

Post by Guest » July 23rd, 2014, 9:43 pm

it is trader be aware that typically not a good idea to trade people for redeemable codes in random trade chat but I do not know of it being against TOS. There are others here that are far more knowledgeable

Sibi
Top Rater
Pet Score:10062
BattleTag®:sibylline#1481
Realm:Emerald Dream-us

Re: Trading pet store pets - Need details

Post by Sibi » July 24th, 2014, 12:45 pm

It is against TOS to trade the store pets for in game currency. People that get scammed by the farmers selling codes in trade chat are informed of this if they report being scammed. (You give the guy the gold he gifts you the pet/mount and then within the next day it's gone because they used stolen CC's to pay for the transaction and it gets reversed. My IRL friend got scammed this way with mounts and I've seen people complain in trade about it. It is highly unlikely they'd go so far as to ban the purchaser but it is a possibility and they do inform you of that if you complain about being scammed)
I'm not certain if trading store pets for in game pets (as opposed to gold) would fall under TOS or not.
Blizzard doesn't police these forums. So, as long as you choose a reputable trader (or be very careful with a brand new trader) you are fine to make your pet store trades and need not fear Blizzard repercussions.