Well that didn't take long...

Arrange pet trades on US and Oceanic servers.
Angelwings626
MVP
Pet Score:12264
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us
Re: Well that didn't take long...

Post by Angelwings626 » July 13th, 2014, 1:59 am

Fluffybunz wrote:I'm not exactly 100% sure how they do it. However, I know your little theory is incorrect Angelwings626. They use the guild/normal transfer services to dupe the pets/weapon enchants and a few other things. That I'm 100% sure of. I believe blizzard denies that "duping" is a thing because they are fully aware that the exploiters are using their services to do just that. It wouldn't be very wise for Blizzard to acknowledge the issue because they make quite a bit of money from their server transfer services.
Thank you for your input!

That's really cool to hear because that would solve the missing piece I have. The Viscous Horror.

Is it a glitch?

Faelar
Top Rater
Pet Score:6744
BattleTag®:Faelar#1331
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Faelar » July 13th, 2014, 2:04 am

I'd love to know what proof you have of this claim Fluffy, and why it has not extended beyond a mere 7 pets. It would account for the VH being along wth the TCG pets but it leaves out some gaps such as TCG mounts and other very valuable items like tabard of the lightbringer and some of the very rare items that have been removed from the game. If it was that easy to dupe anything they wanted we'd have just seen a flat out flood of all sorts of things based on how eager they are to just destroy a market like the Ethereal Soul-Trader.

Also on a side note Riot games (League of Legends) recently had to disable all code based skin codes because people had found a way (and have been doing so for a long time) to basically break the code generator and use 1 code off a legit card and basically make that one work as much as they wanted by changing certain strings in the code itself. It is possible that something is similar with WoW as well but who really knows.

We've all got some interesting theories but the bottom line is that WoW is dragging their asses in shutting down this current method that is in the game.

Opteron
MVP
Pet Score:12968
BattleTag®:Opteron#1953
Realm:Lightninghoof-us

Post by Opteron » July 13th, 2014, 9:56 am

Charlotte, since I am playing from South America, I can tell you that sometimes we get 1000+ ms of latency. Usually we sit around 200-400ms.
That's why we usually have a big disadvantage in arenas and rbgs from 50 less ms latency players.
If I connect through my cell 3g, I can go beyond 1500+ ms of latency, and the only thing I can do is pet battle at most lol.
I am pretty sure those chinese players get about or more latency than I have, so it's not a big problem for them.
One last note, I have been looking around ebay for some TCG loot cards that people requested to me and guess what? the cheaper ones comes from China.
So, it seems that you can buy those loot cards in a really inexpensive way in China and then redeem the code in any US or EU server and convert them into gold (selling the gold for dollars afterwards), that's only one guess.
Regards!

Mystical
Pet Score:6048
BattleTag®:Mystical#11881
Realm:Ragnaros-us

Post by Mystical » July 13th, 2014, 2:53 pm

Opteron wrote:Charlotte, since I am playing from South America, I can tell you that sometimes we get 1000+ ms of latency. Usually we sit around 200-400ms.
That's why we usually have a big disadvantage in arenas and rbgs from 50 less ms latency players.
If I connect through my cell 3g, I can go beyond 1500+ ms of latency, and the only thing I can do is pet battle at most lol.
I am pretty sure those chinese players get about or more latency than I have, so it's not a big problem for them.
One last note, I have been looking around ebay for some TCG loot cards that people requested to me and guess what? the cheaper ones comes from China.
So, it seems that you can buy those loot cards in a really inexpensive way in China and then redeem the code in any US or EU server and convert them into gold (selling the gold for dollars afterwards), that's only one guess.
Regards!
I didn't know you are playing from South America :O me too :) I agree with you, here we usually sit around 200-500ms.. And in high pop realms is worst..

Misstigris
Pet Score:10112
Realm:Elune-eu

Post by Misstigris » July 15th, 2014, 3:57 am

All tcg pets and VH are between 10 to 15k in full EU server ....
And i bought my TSC for 130k month ago :)
I should have use my saving in mont :idea: :D

Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Poofah » July 15th, 2014, 10:48 am

Misstigris wrote:All tcg pets and VH are between 10 to 15k in full EU server ....
Yep, it looks like EU has been hit even harder than US -- all the high end TCG/VH are higher in supply than on US (even though most other rare pets are pretty similar). I know of at least one case where a dupe hit EU earlier than US: Tuskarr Kites were definitely duped on EU as of [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10326&start=20#p83184]May 23[/url] (at the latest), whereas they didn't hit US until July. So maybe US has better policing of dupes (dubious imo), or maybe EU is a little bit ahead of US in terms of dupe waves. If it's the latter, then it seems likely that US prices will catch up to EU before long.

For US players, it also means there might be some value in checking EU Underminejournal for price trends (and vice versa). A supply spike on EU wouldn't necessarily mean that dupes are coming to US, but it would mean that the dupers have turned their attention to those pets and are able to dupe them.

Commm
Pet Score:1568
Realm:Mannoroth-us

Post by Commm » August 11th, 2014, 3:27 pm

Taking a quick look...all the duped pets thus far aren't able to have multiple breeds...not sure if that has any bearing, but it is interesting.