Question re RAF pets...

Arrange pet trades on US and Oceanic servers.
Hootstwo
Top Rater
Pet Score:4328
Realm:Proudmoore-us
Question re RAF pets...

Post by Hootstwo » March 30th, 2014, 6:08 pm

Is it feasible to "trade' for a RAF - IE any combination of in game consideration for a RAF? If so, what is a "reasonable" amount of in game consideration (any combination of pets, stones....) to offer for such a thing? Only pets that I can get (outside of one seasonal one) relatively easily are the RAF pets.

Thanks for any answers. (My home server is Proudemoore US Alliance.)

Sibi
Top Rater
Pet Score:10062
BattleTag®:sibylline#1481
Realm:Emerald Dream-us

Re: Question re RAF pets...

Post by Sibi » March 30th, 2014, 6:33 pm

Quite a few of us made trades through this forum to get our RaF pets. In game pets/mounts/stones vs someone gifting us Battle Chests and Game Time Cards.
Worth is in the eye of the trader. You never know what value someone might place on something that you find trivial.
Your best bet is to make a list of what you are looking for + what you are offering in trade. If you scan through some of the posts you might get a decent understanding of which pets are the most valued. People are generally friendly enough to answer your questions as well.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » March 30th, 2014, 6:45 pm

To give you a rough estimate, most traders put a value of $1 = 1k gold.

Hootstwo
Top Rater

Post by Hootstwo » March 30th, 2014, 7:43 pm

I have no idea what the RL cost of doing a RAF is. I read a thread about doing it cheaply, but I admit that I didn't fully understand how it was done.

Thanks for relaying the info.

I guess right now I'm open to offers for anyone that's willing to do RAF.

I've got lots of pretty much everything (pets/currency/stones) available.

Sibi
Top Rater

Post by Sibi » March 30th, 2014, 10:21 pm

The Blizzard Store website will show you the prices for battle chest and game time.
Undermine Journal is helpful in deciding your pet value to yourself and the person you with whom you are bartering.
The "cheaper" way of doing is by using a link that sells battle chest for 10$ but those are not giftable you would have to trade for Battle Net cards which come in 20$ denominations.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » March 30th, 2014, 11:32 pm

Also note that in trades like this, you'll get a better response if you're specific about what you are wanting to trade. Going by what you've listed, people will want to know:
- Gold on what realms? How much might you be offering?
- What types of pet stones? How many or each?
- What specific pets are you willing to trade? Desirable or higher value pets will catch traders' eyes. Many people do not like being told to browse through a profile - it's more work for them.

Hootstwo
Top Rater

Post by Hootstwo » March 31st, 2014, 5:59 am

I have 200+ pet stones, so pretty much anything, I have gold on US Alliance Proudmoore and US Alliance Eitrigg, and if a pet's available to be bought VIA the AH, I can get it ;). Thanks again for assistancew.

Waynebrady
Top Rater
Pet Score:13920
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Waynebrady » March 31st, 2014, 12:20 pm

Like someone had mentioned before, typically $1 = 1000g.

For 1 RAF pet you need:

1. To purchase the WoW battle chest. You can typically find this for $10 (there is a link for it on REDDIT). Or, typically it's ~$20 using the standard price in the Blizz store.
2. To purchase two months of game time. Typically this is ~$15 per month from the Blizz store. Although I believe you can get game time for cheaper. I know there are 60 day time cards for around $20-30.

----

In terms of in game pricing, depending on how much the person paid for the battle chest you can be looking at around $35-50k per pet. However, since the RAF process takes some time and effort most people will probably request a little more gold for their "trouble".

Hootstwo
Top Rater

Post by Hootstwo » March 31st, 2014, 5:12 pm

When you do RAF the person that does the actual recruiting gets a month of game time as well correct? If that's the case, it's probably reasonable for me to just do it myself... Hmmm. Still, if anyone's interested, let me know.

Sibi
Top Rater

Post by Sibi » March 31st, 2014, 5:20 pm

After the first month of game time is applied the recruiter receives 1 month game time.
Seven days after the second month is applied the recruiter is notified in game that they have received a RaF reward then you choose your mount or pet right on the spot.