(US Horde Madoran, WCP,MM,PP) How guild pet tourneys work.

Discuss the official WarcraftPets guild and Discord channel.
Bloodyfields
MVP
Pet Score:3152
Realm:Madoran-us
(US Horde Madoran, WCP,MM,PP) How guild pet tourneys work.

Post by Bloodyfields » March 6th, 2014, 9:15 am

Terribletim68 wrote:How do the contests work? Is there a schedule for them? What do they consist of? All that stuff. I been curious about that since I saw that tab in the GV.
I moved this to a new thread as it really doesn't apply to guild rules but is an important question to answer.

Pet battle tourneys are the primary means of holding contests for the rewards in the guild bank. There is no regular schedule they are conducted as time permits for those hosting any particular tourney. Typically all members from the three sister guilds on Madoran, WarcraftPets, Magical Menagerie and Pet Peeves, are welcome to participate. Some tourneys are themed such as Mechazoid Wars which is only mechanical pets or Valentine's tourney which had it's own themed pets that were allowed. Some are free for alls which allow any combination of pets from all families.

The host who is sponsoring the tourney will start a thread on the forum specifying the particulars of the tourney. We normally ask that all participants be at least level 10 so they can be invited to a raid group. We also offer summons for lower level characters as sometimes the tourneys are conducted in higher level zones with areas matching the theme. Depending on the number of participants these pet PvP battles my be a round robin event or in the case of a lot of participants as a single elimination. We also require that all participants attend the tourney on a guild member character.

The grand champion is given first pick from their respective guild bank for a choice of pets. Second and third place then pick after that all other participants will /roll for picking order. All participants will have a pick of pets regardless of how well they may have done in the tourney. When it's your turn to pick the guild leaders will promote you to a temporary rank of Pick a Pet where you can make one withdrawal from the contest tab/s. There have been some cases where a participant has all the pets available and may be offered to have a cageable pet stoned to upgrade to a rare quality pet.

While this is the most frequently used method of having contests others have occasionally come up with novel ideas for contests for rewards. Most notable being a scavenger hunt/race throughout Azeroth. Another being a battle pet stoning event in which you had to battle Doobjanka in which winner got a choice of several battle stones. Loser got to jump off a floating island in Nagrand. Eventually though all attendees where given an opportunity to have one or more cageble pets upgraded to rare.

We welcome all members to host an event if they have an idea of one they would like to have. You can also submit ideas to your respective guild leaders to see if they or one of their officers would be willing to host or assist you in hosting. In either case please read the Member hosted tourneys sticky at the top of the forum.

These have always been very enjoyable events and a great break for the day to day play oftentimes grinding within the game. We love to have any members join in the fun even if they don't wish to actively participate. Come along, join in the fun and camaraderie, learn more about how these tourneys are conducted. Who knows, maybe next time you will be crowned Grand Champion.
Proudly serving as Guild Master of Magical Menagerie.

Tizril
Pet Score:4419
BattleTag®:Tizril#1624
Realm:Madoran-us

Re: (US Horde Madoran, WCP,MM,PP) How guild pet tourneys wor

Post by Tizril » March 6th, 2014, 9:32 am

We always welcome ideas from others for pet tournaments, of course. However, please understand that if you do wish to run one on your own, it's a lot of work, and you need to plan ahead that folks with prize tab access will be available to hand out prizes. I can't stress that enough. Right now there are only 4 of us: Doob, Brand, Bloody and I, and unfortunately that access is not the same across all three guilds (eg, Brand and I can't give out prizes for MM, last I knew Bloody couldn't for WCP etc....) so we need to have advanced knowledge of what you plan, don't just assume that because you put it on the calendar we will show up, please! We have work/school/families too, this isn't our day job ;)

Terribletim68

Post by Terribletim68 » March 6th, 2014, 2:31 pm

Awesome! Thanks for the write up! I managed to log on right as the Mardi-Gras tourney was starting, joys of being on the Left Coast. :? Hopefully I catch the next one. I'll have to keep a close eye on these forums. And I better start lvling pets! :shock:

Petzy
Pet Score:11826
Realm:Norgannon-us

Post by Petzy » March 16th, 2014, 8:38 pm

Bump, too useful to lose :)