A little note about warcraftpets guild eu

Discuss the official WarcraftPets guild and Discord channel.
Mummymermaid
Pet Score:3488
BattleTag®:mummymermaid#1233
Realm:Silvermoon-eu
A little note about warcraftpets guild eu

Post by Mummymermaid » February 16th, 2014, 3:44 am

Now when i was voted new leader of the warcraftpets guild after the old leader just disappeared i always said this was a pet family guild not my guild it was all our guild..i have made 9 new officers and there are been events run by me and other officers. i have always put posts on here about any changes and i have given my realid and even my facebook on guild info i have always said if peeps want to talk to me all they have to do is ingame mail me or whisper me iam always willing to hear ideas or worries alike...i have a young family quite often i don't play in the evenings and its taken me forever to get to 90 but iam often online everyday in the mornings mainly. now a few peeps from the old guild have left and one just lately left after saying really mean things to me and behind my back which is why iam writing this...yes this guild has changed it is a new guild not like the old one no..i would like to think its better there is an active officer force there are events and great prizes and its full of friendly lovely peeps ..its a lovely guild one that i and everyone should be very proud off..as we have all done this together. an event has got cancelled because the officer involved is very busy irl ..i will be taking this event over at the beginning of march. we all make this guild not just me everyone is free to make events and make this guild how they want it to be ...to be a family we have to work as one . xxx eilantha x

Mummymermaid

Re: A little note about warcraftpets guild eu

Post by Mummymermaid » February 17th, 2014, 4:58 am

thank you so much for the lovely reply! really made me smile so thank you for that ^^
i found found running the guild very difficult at times very very rewarding as well i have met some amazing people all very caring and lovely!
i just felt i had to address this as so many of the old people have left as i said the last one left in such a way was damming to me and the guild.
of course things are going to be different iam not the same person as the old guild leader was but i take offense to people saying i see it as my guild and everything has to be my way..that is simply not true.
i need more people to help me esp in the evening when iam worn out from my family duties ^^
i will defo be emailing you for a natter every now and again thank you so much for your support over the water xxxx

Shankly
Pet Score:3007
Realm:Stormreaver-eu

Post by Shankly » February 17th, 2014, 5:07 am

Keep up the good work Eila!

Wish I had more time for it, but these days I am just swamped!

Doobjanka
MVP
Pet Score:9260
BattleTag®:Doobjank#1625
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Doobjanka » February 17th, 2014, 8:50 am

Eilantha,

I'm sure you're doing an amazing job running the guild. With a pet collecting guild, all you really need are people passionate about pets and great officers willing to run events and pick up the slack when you aren't able to be on.

The US side would be nothing without the officers that have all picked their specialty, but are also willing to help each other out.

Our spin-off guild, Magical Menagerie would have failed long ago if Bloodyfields hadn't taken it upon himself to make members feel welcome and just all around take over the guild.

The sad truth is, no matter how casual a guild, there will always be some drama. It's not as awesome as the drama you get in raid guilds, fighting over loot drops and the like, but people like drama in any situation.

People voted you the new guild master and I'm glad they did. The guild deserved someone who would run it.

In the end, the guild is a collective of crazy cat ladies and crazy cat men. The pets are the draw, but the social is the glue that holds it together.

Feel free to get the guildies to sign up for our Facebook group. It would be nice to have contact with our sister guild across the pond!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/WarcraftPets/
Proudly volunteering to this website since 11/09!

Bloodyfields
MVP
Pet Score:3152
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Bloodyfields » February 17th, 2014, 12:06 pm

Mummymermaid, you just hang in there. There were good reasons the guildies chose you as their guild leader. From all I've seen in your forum posts it's primarily because you do want it to be and do make it everyone's guild. As Doob said there always will be some drama from time to time. Perhaps those members who recently quit and gave you a hard time were just resentful that the guildies chose you over them as guild master. Doob can attest as can I that you will have those who think they know better how to run the guild. All you can do is make the guild a welcome home for all members. Establish a good corps of officers that support your vision for the guild and make it as fun as possible.

The fact that Lady Brand, Doobjanka and I have felt the need to say something is because we have been watching and are very proud of you and all you've done to not only keep WCP EU going but growing. You keep up the great job you have been doing and don't let the naysayers get you down.
Proudly serving as Guild Master of Magical Menagerie.

Keltoroq
Top Rater
Pet Score:3561
Realm:Aggra (Português)-eu

Post by Keltoroq » February 17th, 2014, 3:07 pm

I am one of the countless people that are based in other servers and created a toon in Silvermoon just to be part of the Warcraftpets guild.

I am really glad that it is having a second life because lately i have been going there to my toon just to check auctions and get some cheap pets. By the way it is awesome server to get nice pets for cheaper prices. Also the variety is the best on all servers i have seen.

When i return work will try to check the guild action :D.
Altough that server is a nightmare to log on on normal night hours....always big queues and since my gaming time limited a bit bad to be waiting to log in and loose that precious time :(

Anyway Eliantha, i think you were well chosen. That's basically the only name i remember from the guild rooster :D.

Thanks and good luck to the guild

Mummymermaid

Post by Mummymermaid » February 18th, 2014, 4:43 am

again thank you all so much! you have made me very happy! i will carry on doing as i am then ^^ oh sent a request to your facebook page doob . anne marie senior that's me ..thank you all again! *huggles everyone* xxx