Magical Menagerie The member cap.

Discuss the official WarcraftPets guild and Discord channel.
Bloodyfields
MVP
Pet Score:3152
Realm:Madoran-us
Magical Menagerie The member cap.

Post by Bloodyfields » January 3rd, 2014, 11:50 pm

Blizzard has a member cap for guilds that maxes out at 999 members. I personally don't like having to do purges to make room for new members. Sometimes I have little or no choice and it's getting harder and harder to decide who I will remove. We have a member base that is growing so fast that I can't tell which are just new inactive alts of regular members from those who just came for the Thundering pet. We do want to leave room for those players that come to get the Thundering pet. I love this guild and the fact that so many have made it their new guild home. I also understand the need for having banking alts to store things for use on your more active toons, DMFaire runs etc. I have some of my own. All that being said I am going to make some requests.

This is not just for Magical Menagerie WCP guild members are also included in this as that guild is always very near member cap.

1. If you join the guild just to get the Thundering pet you are more than welcome and will be treated as any other guild member. There is and will not be any distinction if you came just for that reason. I ask that if you leave after getting the pet with no intentions of playing that toon again that you voluntarily remove it from the guild to make room for others that would like to join for the same reason.

2. Regular active members and alts. OMG the altaholics among us! I have no issue with any member rolling alts if they are going to actively pursue leveling, profs what have you. ACTIVE being the key word. If you are rolling an alt just as a bank toon for added storage but will NOT be playing that toon this creates an issue. That issue is the member cap and leaving room for others to join an awesome guild. I have a resolution to that issue.

Resolution: I have an inactive level 25 guild on Madoran server, Blood on the Tracks. All the perks should you decide to be more active with the toon. Plenty of room for inactive alts and on the same server so moving items cross toon should not be an issue. All you need do is whisper me in game and ask for an invite. I will promote you to a rank that has access to most of the guild bank should you have extra resources you would be willing to share with others or for your own use. I am reserving 2 tabs for my own resources.

Should it ever reach a point where we need yet another, third pet guild, which could very easily become a reality. I will gladly open up this guild and rename it.

I am not asking anyone to remove active alts or move them. I am asking that you please consider other pet collectors that would love to join us in pursuit of the Thundering pet and/or Lil Tarecgosa or to be a part of one of the most awesome guilds in the game. You guildies are what makes it so awesome.
Proudly serving as Guild Master of Magical Menagerie.