First Look at 5.4 PTR

Discuss the official WarcraftPets guild and Discord channel.
Coulomb
MVP
Pet Score:4228
Realm:Aggramar-us
First Look at 5.4 PTR

Post by Coulomb » August 4th, 2013, 12:30 pm

I took a brief peek yesterday.

Some of the points of interest include:

The Celestial Tournament - Phase 1 (as far as I got) has you doing three 3 on 3 pet battles against legendaries with what appears to be a random selection of 24 pets. Quality ranges from Poor to Rare. No healing is allowed at all during the phase so dead is dead for as long as you continue. I found it very challenging without having my "go-to" pets available. Rewards were 1X Celestial Coin, 5X Valor, 2X Lesser Charm and 1000X Timeless Coin so I'm assuming that it's a daily. Note that the Timeless Coin is the faction currency for the Timeless Isle and that 1000 of them won't make you rich.

There are four pets available in the area adjacent to the Tournament npc for purchase with 3X Celestial Coin. They are "children" of the August Celestial Aspects and are Chi-Chi, Hatchling of Chi-Ji; Zao, Calfling of Niuzao; Xu-Fu, Cub of Xuen and Yu-La, Broodling of Yu'Lon.

Marked Flawless Battle Stones (Generic Rare Upgrade) are also available for 3X Celestial Coins.

A stack of 25X Pet Battle Bandages and the 50% XP bonus "Burger" are available for 1X Celestial Coin.

I didn't spend a lot of time exploring but there were "Ashwing Moth" all over the place for capture and I received a "Jademist Dancer" as a drop from one of the Spirit Elemental-type mobs in the steam vent (The vents REALLY hurt) area along the west coast of the Timeless Isle.

The Timeless Isle itself is kind of a cross between Jade Forest and Vally of the Four Winds... a nice change from creepy Thunder Island.

Vondeb
Top Rater
Pet Score:13832
Realm:Chamber of Aspects-eu

Re: First Look at 5.4 PTR

Post by Vondeb » August 7th, 2013, 1:11 am

thx for this info...so looking forward to doing The Celestial Tournament. Nice to hear that its "nicer" than the Thunder Island, I myself enjoyed Jade Forest alot.

Thx again Vondeb