(US Horde) Friday Free-For-All Pet Touney (Updated!)

Discuss the official WarcraftPets guild and Discord channel.
Tizril
Pet Score:4419
BattleTag®:Tizril#1624
Realm:Madoran-us
(US Horde) Friday Free-For-All Pet Touney (Updated!)

Post by Tizril » June 16th, 2013, 12:07 pm

UPDATE!!!!

I will be running this every other Friday for the next little while. The next one will be July 5th. Same rules, location to be announced.
Hi guys! I know we just had a pet tourney last night, but I want to try something a little different this time. This one doesn't take much prep work, so we can have it sooner, yay!

What? A free-for-all pet tournament. No pet restrictions. Team swapping between rounds *will* be allowed this time!

Where? Silithus. Hunt for Quiraji Guardlings while waiting for your next matchup! (If for some reason they don't start spawning Friday, or if the zone is too laggy, another suitable location will be found)

When? Friday, June 21st (Happy first day of summer northern hemisphere folks!) at 7:00 pm server time.

Other Details: Pets will be level 25. Contestants that wish to enter must be level 10+ (to be able to join the raid group) and able to be summoned (ie, not on the lost isles, wandering isle, or death knight starting zone)

As always, round robin if we have fewer than 8 entrants, double elimination if we have more. We had 19 folks compete in last night's tournament, it was great!
Last edited by Tizril on June 23rd, 2013, 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Re: (US Horde) Friday Free-For-All Pet Touney

Post by Tahsfenz » June 16th, 2013, 4:07 pm

Last night was fun! Can't wait for this one!

Markdon
Top Rater
Pet Score:2936
Realm:Muradin-us

Post by Markdon » June 17th, 2013, 1:43 pm

Gonna try to make it.

Aingealwroth
Top Rater
Pet Score:2995
BattleTag®:AingealWroth#1206
Realm:Fenris-us

Post by Aingealwroth » June 17th, 2013, 5:28 pm

Pet swapping allowed? Sounds like total chaos!
... Where do I sign?
Madoran (Horde-US): Eclectic, Tauren Guardian Druid.
Fenris (Horde-US) 'Main': Miach, Undead Holy/Shadow Priest.

Tizril

Post by Tizril » June 18th, 2013, 8:55 am

lol yes, it will be chaos, but that's the point! Better practice for PvP too, since you don't stick with a team that always loses... Also makes double elimination more interesting. If your first team is a bust, you still have a chance to rise from the ashes.

Rickstaman05
MVP
Pet Score:12800
BattleTag®:pukanini#1597
Realm:Illidan-us

Post by Rickstaman05 » June 21st, 2013, 9:23 pm

That was a fun tourney! Thanks Tiz!

-Pukanana

Tahsfenz
Top Rater

Post by Tahsfenz » June 22nd, 2013, 6:17 am

Wish I was ble to make it but RL happens. Hopefully you'll do a free for all again!

Tizril

Post by Tizril » June 22nd, 2013, 6:28 am

Quick question folks, which is more fun? Do you prefer the free for all format, or the limited pet format? Free for all is a bit easier, since you don't have to try to level pets particularly for it, but is it frustrating if hard to find pets dominate the tourney?

Markdon
Top Rater
Pet Score:2936
Realm:Muradin-us

Post by Markdon » June 22nd, 2013, 7:22 am

I wasnt able to make this one as RL had priority last night sounds like it was fun, but to answer your question Tiz, I like the limited or themed pet tourney format as it puts everyone of somewhat lvl ground, I dont Raid or do dungeons so I dont get many of the rare pets (unless as a tourney reward..lol) With the themed tourney everyone has as good a chance as everyone else. I will participate in all tourneys regardless of format because I think its a awesome way to spend time with others that share my enjoyment of pet collecting. I wish I would have found this guild many years ago and saved myself the frustration of being in cliquey guilds that if you didnt raid you were on the outside looking in. Nice to have events that are open to all members regardless of your gear lvl (blahh) or ability to raid. Just my 2cent..

Tizril

Post by Tizril » June 22nd, 2013, 7:37 am

I suppose the other option is to make it *almost* any team you want, with a short blacklist, like Pokemon tournaments do. Just looking for feedback so I can plan my next event :)

Tahsfenz
Top Rater

Post by Tahsfenz » June 23rd, 2013, 6:23 pm

Since I didn't participate in the FFA, I can't comment on it, but I wouldn't mind seeing no pets omitted or very few and going with the same team. At the same time, the themes are fun, and you get to try out new pets. It's not hard to get a pet to 25 anyways.

So, I love the themes but every so often a FFA or light restrictions would be nice.