US Guild Critter Cafe

Discuss the official WarcraftPets guild and Discord channel.
Thralla
MVP
Pet Score:2070
Realm:Madoran-us
US Guild Critter Cafe

Post by Thralla » March 25th, 2013, 9:38 pm

Playtime has been sporadic recently - real life busy; finally working on the writing I've been wanting to do all my life; sucked it up and transferred my Alliance DK to a PVE realm and am trying to get caught up; spending more time outside as the weather gets nicer - and I've heard that others have gone missing in the guild.

So, slow down. Tiger stands behind the counter offering up a wide array of beverages and munchies. Thralla sits at a nearby table drinking a mug of Cherry Grog and feeding Loktra the bones from a plate of Mushan Ribs. Step up and order somethin', then have a seat, prop your feet up and join the conversation in the Critter Cafe. Let us know how ya been doin', mon.

Thralla
MVP
Pet Score:2070

Re: US Guild Critter Cafe

Post by Thralla » March 27th, 2013, 9:52 pm

I work with adults with intellectual challenges. Working with the population I do, most days I have occasion to hide some emotion I'm feeling so as to not overwhelm the person I'm working with. Today, it was hiding tears as I helped one of my men with a creative writing challenge: How would you change the world?

This is what he said, " I would change my life. Well, I think abut my music. I would compose my music. I would make my orchestra. There are violins, violas, bass, trumpet, trombone, kettledrums. Of course - choir! A choir. My choir sings real good. I would paint the earth... My words and my song - an entire creation!"

Under our issues, our labels, our coffee addictions and broken nails, our plans, our fears and dreams, aren't we all just trying to paint the earth? Our words and our songs searching to break free - entire creations of music that are our own, and out there shining strong enough to change the world?

/Tiger Hug everyone.

Tizril
Pet Score:4419
BattleTag®:Tizril#1624

Re: US Guild Critter Cafe

Post by Tizril » March 28th, 2013, 9:06 am

Aww hun! /hug

My son has PDD-NOS, so I can totally understand what it's like working with folks with challenges, though I know it'd be different in adults. Under it all, we're all the same, some of us just have different paint on our house, or more windows. Sounds like you do great work, the world needs more people that care. :)

I *suppose* we can forgive you for playing alliance (just kidding! No faction hate here ;)) And I can't blame you for moving off a PvP.

I just wish spring would finally come where I am, it's been so dreary and grey, and cold. Hard to get in the festive mood for Easter when it's not looking like Spring out there.

Anyhoo, what Tiz has been doing is kinda lame in comparison. I bought a Pokemon game. Yeah.... I'm not finding it as fun as the wow battle pets (probably because I can't wander off after ore or herbs, and the pets aren't as cute lol) but y'know, kiddo wants someone to trade with and it is kinda cool.