February 9th WPG Pet Level 25 Themed Competition

Discuss the official WarcraftPets guild and Discord channel.
Thralla
MVP
Pet Score:2070
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Thralla » January 4th, 2013, 10:45 am

You are invited to join us on the evening of February 9th when we celebrate both the Lunar Festival and Love Is In the Air with a mostly for fun Pet Level 25 Themed Competition.

When: February 9th. 7:30 pm server time

Where: Location to be announced.

What: Pet Level 25 Themed Competitions

Elune Adore: Celebrate the Lunar Festival by battling with Level 25 pets that are associated in some fashion with the moon or the festival. This includes pets from zones containing the word “moon” in their title, pets associated with the festival, including several pets that come under the heading of “elder”, and pets that use the ability Moonfire.

Heart Smart Battlers: Celebrate Love Is In the Air by battling with Level 25 pets that are Red or Pink in color.

Tizril has created a lovely spreadsheet (see post below) that will list all the pets for both themes. In picking Red and Pink pets, we tried to steer clear of purplish, brownish and pets that were more orange than red (think fire type pets). If you do believe that a pet is truly red and we left it out, please let us know, but be aware than if a pet isn't listed for this theme competition, it mostly like will turn up in competitions to come. We stretched the theme a little by including Pedlefeet who is not red or pink but associated with the holiday and also Creepy Crate which has a large PINK tongue. = P

How: Register for the theme(s) that most interests you by indicating in this thread which theme(s) you are interested in. Competing requires a registration fee of 50 gold per theme. The gold will go into a pot to be divided amongst the three placing winners. Registration “at the door” (on the same day) so to speak will be 60 gold a theme.*

Please participate on a character that is level 10 that each person might be included in the raid chat.

The Competition: Each person will battle each other competitor in that theme, and winners will be given a point for the match. If there are more than ten competitors in a theme, competitors will be divided out into groups of five or more.

The top three competitors with the most points will win the pot divided on this formula: Third Place x gold; Second Place 2x gold and First Place 3x gold. Also, each winner will receive a pet from Raiding With Leashes as donated by Doobjanka.

For each battle you participate in, both competitors will link their first themed pet to /raid. Using the WoW stop watch on screen, the referee of the match will give the competitors 30 seconds to decide the second themed pet they will use. Another 30 seconds for the third themed pet. Then the opponents will duel.

The winner of the Elune Adore and Heart Smart Battler themes will have a just for fun Battle at the very end.

We would love to have the placing competitors use the battle addon announcer to show off the placing matches if everyone is comfortable downloading the addon. We will most likely not want the addon being utilized during the first matches as there may be more than one match going at a time.

Handling Disputes: As before, please check your opponent’s team for proper level and make up. Screen shot anything that is a discrepancy.

*If you are new to Madoran and feel the 50 gold to be a daunting hurdle, please check in guild chat for ideas on how to raise the gold. Players who play there consistently may be willing to sponsor you. At level ten, mining up several stacks of ore to AH isn't that difficult and will net you xp (you might even find higher level guildies willing to fly you on two seaters). Selling a pet on Madoran’s AH is also something to look into. I’m sure others will have more ideas and/or be willing to help.
Last edited by Thralla on January 8th, 2013, 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tizril
Pet Score:4419
BattleTag®:Tizril#1624

Re: February 9th WPG Pet Level 25 Themed Competition

Post by Tizril » January 4th, 2013, 11:19 am

Sorry I'm slow >.< Had to shrink these down to fit, so if anyone is having a hard time reading em on their monitor, drop me a line and I can send you a bigger set :)

Elune Adore:

Heart Smart Battler:

*****PLUS****
Mojo is also allowed in the Heart Smart Battler theme, due to its kissy kissy nature. (Thanks for pointing this out Pandorra!)

*Edit* Anyhoo, here's a link to the spreadsheet on google docs for y'all....
Last edited by Tizril on January 8th, 2013, 12:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Pandorra
Pet Score:3199
BattleTag®:Lillydawn#1511
Realm:Perenolde-us

Post by Pandorra » January 7th, 2013, 3:20 pm

I think Mojo should be included in the Love is in the Air theme.
You've gotta /kiss him, and he loves you!

Besides, who doesn't break out the Mojo on Valentine's Day? :lol:

Lol!
~Pandorra

Doobjanka
MVP
Pet Score:9260
BattleTag®:Doobjank#1625

Post by Doobjanka » January 8th, 2013, 4:12 am

I will also donate a pet from the Raiding With Leashes achievement you don't already have to all winners.
Proudly volunteering to this website since 11/09!

Thralla
MVP

Post by Thralla » January 8th, 2013, 10:47 am

That's a GREAT idea Pandorra.

We will officially add Mojo to the options for the Heart Smart Battlers theme.

Thank you Doob for the generous offer!

Radnok
Pet Score:4023

Post by Radnok » January 8th, 2013, 12:50 pm

I really like the idea of themed battle events. Kudos on putting this together.
Radnok (Alliance/Kilrogg)
Igasho/Pandirella (Horde/Madoran)

Duskrider
Pet Score:3283
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Duskrider » January 10th, 2013, 10:03 pm

Couple of questions...Who do we pay the entry fees to if we register prior to the event, and when do they have to be paid by?

Misteltoe
Pet Score:3533
Realm:Alexstrasza-us

Post by Misteltoe » January 11th, 2013, 6:26 am

This is such a fun idea. I am not sure If I will have a level 10 by then but I plan to give it my best shot. I made a toon on this server last night in order to join the guild. I also see this as a chance to upgrade some of my pets to blue since I cannot pass a battle pet without throwing down the gauntlet. (on a related note... got a crow and a new firefly from Darkmoon yesterday... both in blue.)

Looking forward to getting to know all you pet lovers better. :)

Thralla
MVP

Post by Thralla » January 11th, 2013, 6:36 pm

Duskrider: You can mail the gold to Tizril or Thralla if you would like. You can pay any time, even on that day. Preregistration is mostly for the convenience of organization prior to the event happening.

Duskrider

Post by Duskrider » January 11th, 2013, 8:24 pm

Thanks for the reply Thralla! I'm officially registering for the Competition then. I will field two teams, one for Elune Adore and one for Heart Smart Battlers. I'll mail over the 100g entry fee to you when I log on tonight.

Thralla
MVP

Post by Thralla » January 30th, 2013, 2:22 pm

11 days and counting.

Do you have your critters ready?

Register anytime!

Thralla
MVP

Post by Thralla » February 7th, 2013, 7:41 am

The competition will be held in Silvermoon's Bazaar a ready made location with reference to the moon and also lots of red. The perfect intersection of the two themes.

Hope your pets are leveled and ready to go. Please register with Tizril or Thralla ahead of time if at all possible.

See you there!

Ty
Pet Score:2433

Post by Ty » February 7th, 2013, 10:32 am

Silvermoon's Bazaar will be a perfect place for this battle. I'm already signed up for the Elune Adore fight. I'd like to join the Heart smart Battle too. I just got a few perfect pets for that fight.

I'll bring my money to the event.

Also, I'd suggest Doob set up a reminder for the guildies.

See ya there.

Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Tahsfenz » February 7th, 2013, 2:03 pm

Maybe the next go 'round I'll join. Haven't gotten around to getting much levels (or gold) into my goblin. Though I may be transferring a higher level over soon, so that would solve my cash issues.

Kristin
Pet Score:2174
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Kristin » February 7th, 2013, 8:24 pm

I love the idea of themed pet battles, how fun! :) We'll see if I can get a few of these leveled in time.

Duskrider

Post by Duskrider » February 9th, 2013, 10:35 am

Livi wrote:Hi,

I don't think I found the correct addon to display what's happening in my pet battles. The one I found is called Announcer, but the most recent version is from October 2008. It loaded fine, but I don't know how to make it display pet battle info. Have I got the right one? If so, could somebody help me to get it working, please? If not, could you post the URL for the correct add-on?

Thanks very much!

Skirr
Its not the correct add on. You need to download the addon "Pet Battle Reporter". It should be up to date and works right out of the box. I can't add the link but just do a search on Curse for that addon and you should find it easily.

Tizril
Pet Score:4419
BattleTag®:Tizril#1624

Post by Tizril » February 9th, 2013, 11:12 pm

***RESULTS*****

We had a great night! Thanks to everyone who came! Docrotten won in both themes, naturally, but graciously bowed out of the prizes.

Elune Adore Results:

Maizoo won with 4 wins, followed by
Grekaya, with 3 wins, and
Taelene with 2

Heart Smart Battlers:

We had a Tie!
Skirr and Grekaya each won 3 duels, followed by
Zulija with 2 wins, and
Ty, with a win and a tie!

That tie, however was against Docrotten, the closest thing to a defeat he had all night, BIG congrats to Ty for that!!!

Hope y'all had fun!