(US-H Madoran) POSTPONED - Draenor Appreciation Tourney

Discuss the official WarcraftPets guild and Discord channel.
Tizril
Pet Score:4419
BattleTag®:Tizril#1624
Realm:Madoran-us
(US-H Madoran) POSTPONED - Draenor Appreciation Tourney

Post by Tizril » June 13th, 2015, 6:26 pm

***UPDATE***

I am so sorry guys, but I have to push this back a few days. My life is crazy busy right now, and I just found out I am actually not available this weekend. A few people had requested mid-week tournaments, so I am pushing this back to Wednesday, to see how that goes. Hope to see you all there!

Hey guys! How's it going?

I want to start by saying sorry for not being around lately. I've had a few super annoying things going on in real life keeping me busy. That and a few other games trying to lure me in *coughWitcher3cough* *coughElderScrollscough*. Ahem, think I have a cold or something >.>

That being said, I haven't forgotten about all you lovely people! I do want to have another tournament soon. I just can't be certain about the date just yet. I can't do one father's day weekend (June 20th). That's a complete no-go. The two following weekends, however, are strongly in maybe territory at the moment. June 27th I'm *supposed* to be out of town (and no, there's no internet where I'm going.... lol), but that might change, and July 4th I'm helping a friend with a baby shower. So, I'm hoping that something will change one of those weekends (eg, camping trip gets put off a day or two, or baby shower friend finally decides on her schedule and it isn't too late). I should know in the next few days what's up and be able to commit better, but I like to give you guys at least 2 weeks notice before a tourney to prep teams etc.

Soooo, here's the details (minus the date) for our next tourney:

The Draenor Appreciation Tourney

Who Anyone who's in our guild family is welcome, so long as you're above level 10 so you can join the raid group. Please bring an alt over to <Littlest Pet League> as that's where the prizes are!
When July 11th July 15th 7:00pm server time.
Where Can people lower than 90 be summoned to Draenor? I need to test this. Can a whole raid (folks lower level than 90 included) visit a garrison? If so, my garrison is the place to be! If not (or if we have folks that can't go to Draenor due to lack of expac) then probably Outland somewhere.
What Level 25 pets. No duplicates, no pet or skill switching. If you can't quite hit 25 on your pets, don't worry, you won't get disqualified or anything.

The Pet List:

Any pet that can be purchased, tamed, awarded from a quest, or looted in Draenor. No, pets bought from the guild vendor do not count. [pet]Sky-Bo[/pet] counts, [pet]Lil' Bling[/pet] doesn't.

Any questions? Comments? Recipes for a good batch of baby shower cupcakes? I'm afraid to go on Pinterest, I might look up and see I've lost two days >.>

Have a good one guys!

***UPDATE***

Mkay, June 27th is officially a no-go. I also realized that having an event on the evening of July 4th is probably pointless. Fireworks, barbecues, family get-togethers, yeah, no. So, July 11th it is.
Last edited by Tizril on July 8th, 2015, 10:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Dicrostonyx
Pet Score:7904
Realm:Cenarion Circle-us

Re: (US-H Madoran) Draenor Appreciation Tourney *now with da

Post by Dicrostonyx » June 25th, 2015, 4:29 pm

Regarding the where, I see no reason that a lower level couldn't be summoned to Draenor since they can, with a bit of persistence, get there on their own. I've done it myself with a level 40 hunter.

For the solo method, you need someone to port you to Pandaria and fly you to a FP outside of the Vale first, then you can run or swim to the Timeless Isle where the portal to Gorgrond is.

My point being that clearly Draenor isn't closed to low-levels, so there's no reason that summons shouldn't work. If for some reason they don't, perhaps we need to run a guild event where we run everyone there manually before the tournament.

As for baby shower cupcakes, check out: www(dot)tablespoon(dot)com/recipes/rainbow-tie-dye-surprise-cake/. I see no reason you couldn't do something like that replacing the "5" with something more appropriate. If it's too involved, you could replace the tie-dyed cake with a single alternate mix (we used that recipe as the base for a chocolate/ vanilla version).

Tizril

Re: (US-H Madoran) Draenor Appreciation Tourney *now with da

Post by Tizril » July 8th, 2015, 10:10 am

Dicrostonyx wrote:Regarding the where, I see no reason that a lower level couldn't be summoned to Draenor since they can, with a bit of persistence, get there on their own. I've done it myself with a level 40 hunter.

For the solo method, you need someone to port you to Pandaria and fly you to a FP outside of the Vale first, then you can run or swim to the Timeless Isle where the portal to Gorgrond is.

My point being that clearly Draenor isn't closed to low-levels, so there's no reason that summons shouldn't work. If for some reason they don't, perhaps we need to run a guild event where we run everyone there manually before the tournament.

As for baby shower cupcakes, check out: www(dot)tablespoon(dot)com/recipes/rainbow-tie-dye-surprise-cake/. I see no reason you couldn't do something like that replacing the "5" with something more appropriate. If it's too involved, you could replace the tie-dyed cake with a single alternate mix (we used that recipe as the base for a chocolate/ vanilla version).
Thanks for the info, I haven't had a chance to get folks together for a dry run of summons, but I'm sure it'll work.

Elena
MVP
Pet Score:4758
Realm:Turalyon-us

Re: (US-H Madoran) POSTPONED - Draenor Appreciation Tourney

Post by Elena » July 18th, 2015, 10:21 am

I wasn't able to get online for it this time unfortunately. How did it go on a weeknight?

Tizril

Post by Tizril » July 18th, 2015, 10:28 am

We only had 6 participants. It was still fun though! If I'm not busy tonight (might be going to the movies...) we'll do a re-run.

I'd love to hear from our people who want the weeknight tournaments as to what days works best. I'm sure that some weeknights are better or worse than others for the majority of people but have yet to hear from anyone just what weeknights *do* work.

Arizonared
Pet Score:12103
Realm:Doomhammer-us

Post by Arizonared » July 18th, 2015, 1:08 pm

Great site for the tourney. :)
Attachments
DAT zebrit and blinn.jpg
DAT zebrit and blinn.jpg (119.53KiB)Viewed 3672 times
DAT web.jpg
DAT web.jpg (168.68KiB)Viewed 3672 times