(US-H-Madoran) Summer Safari Tournament Aug 9th

Discuss the official WarcraftPets guild and Discord channel.
Tizril
Pet Score:4419
BattleTag®:Tizril#1624
Realm:Madoran-us
(US-H-Madoran) Summer Safari Tournament Aug 9th

Post by Tizril » July 22nd, 2014, 11:25 am

Baby it's hot out there! Lets go on a pet safari, bring your hats!

Who Anyone in WCP, MM, or PP is welcome, so long as you're above level 10 so you can join the raid group.
When August 9th, 7:00pm server time.
Where Where do you go on Safari in Warcraft? The Barrens? Nagrand? Sholazar? By the D.E.H.T.A. Encampment in Borean Tundra? What do you guys think?
What Level 25 pets, no team switching between rounds. Please use three ***different*** pets this time, not 3 crows or 2 death adders etc. Pet list is as follows:

Any animals that exist in real life (more or less, of course they're more stylized in WoW) are good to go. Carps? Sure! Gahz'rooki? No way! Moths? Sure! Gryphons? Nuh uh!

Some thoughts on the families other than Critter/Beast/Flying/Aquatic:
Dragons: No, sorry, none fit this theme.
Elementals: We'll allow the [pet]lava crab[/pet]. It looks like a normal crab, that's close enough
Humanoid: [pet]Bonkers[/pet] is an ape, close enough I'd say.
Magic: Again, none, sorry.
Mechanical: [pet]Lifelike Toad[/pet]. That's really it I guess.
Undead: I'm going to allow the diseased squirrels, fawn and bear cub I guess, if folks really want to use them. Seeing as undead take more damage from critters it's probably a bad idea to use em, but hey, it's up to you ;) On second thought, nah, if we saw something like that in real life it'd be an issue. No undead either.

My bet is that we're going to see mostly Flying/Beast teams, but who knows!
Last edited by Tizril on July 28th, 2014, 11:38 am, edited 3 times in total.

Bellababy463
Top Rater
Pet Score:10496

Re: (US-H-Madoran) Summer Safari Tournament Aug 9th

Post by Bellababy463 » July 22nd, 2014, 1:12 pm

This sound like great fun Triz as always. Any of the a fore mentioned place would be great but i don't think the D.E.H.T.A would go for us fighting pet in their presence. The whole animal abuse issue and all, lol! :lol:

Tizril

Post by Tizril » July 22nd, 2014, 1:51 pm

Bellababy463 wrote:This sound like great fun Triz as always. Any of the a fore mentioned place would be great but i don't think the D.E.H.T.A would go for us fighting pet in their presence. The whole animal abuse issue and all, lol! :lol:
That's the point, the irony of it ;) PETA has often made a fit about Pokemon.

Jabart
MVP
Pet Score:1878
BattleTag®:jonyeh420#1172

Post by Jabart » July 22nd, 2014, 4:10 pm

Sounds fun. For the Magic family, how about Harmonious/Spectral Porcupette and Spectral Tiger Cub?
Squee and Jabart on Madoran (H)
battletag: jonyeh420#1172

Tizril

Post by Tizril » July 22nd, 2014, 4:37 pm

Jabart wrote:Sounds fun. For the Magic family, how about Harmonious/Spectral Porcupette and Spectral Tiger Cub?
The problem with that is that they don't actually *look* like something you would come across in real life.

Jabart
MVP
Pet Score:1878
BattleTag®:jonyeh420#1172

Post by Jabart » July 22nd, 2014, 4:37 pm

True. Fair enough.
Squee and Jabart on Madoran (H)
battletag: jonyeh420#1172

Doobjanka
MVP
Pet Score:9260
BattleTag®:Doobjank#1625

Post by Doobjanka » July 22nd, 2014, 8:11 pm

Tizril wrote:
Jabart wrote:Sounds fun. For the Magic family, how about Harmonious/Spectral Porcupette and Spectral Tiger Cub?
The problem with that is that they don't actually *look* like something you would come across in real life.
Unless you are haunted by the ghost of a porcupine and tiger cub!
Proudly volunteering to this website since 11/09!

Tizril

Post by Tizril » July 22nd, 2014, 8:13 pm

Doobjanka wrote:
Tizril wrote:
Unless you are haunted by the ghost of a porcupine and tiger cub!
Lol, the ghosts will get their chance another time.

Se5s
Pet Score:3144
BattleTag®:sess#1102

Post by Se5s » July 27th, 2014, 10:25 am

i swear i've seen a wolpertinger in rl before...sure it was under the influence of questionable substances...BUT IT HAPPENED!! it's just that, my wolpertinger didn't linger, so i can't proves it <_>

Se5s
Pet Score:3144
BattleTag®:sess#1102

Post by Se5s » July 27th, 2014, 11:23 am

oh, what about the celestial aminals? they aren't *exactly* normal looking, but only slight coloration differences (obviously not Yu'la ;)

Aingealwroth
Top Rater
Pet Score:2995
BattleTag®:AingealWroth#1206
Realm:Fenris-us

Post by Aingealwroth » July 27th, 2014, 7:12 pm

I keep meaning to get a safari RP outfit, and I guess this just proves I need to get on that! I will do my best to be there.
Madoran (Horde-US): Eclectic, Tauren Guardian Druid.
Fenris (Horde-US) 'Main': Miach, Undead Holy/Shadow Priest.

Tizril

Post by Tizril » July 28th, 2014, 11:37 am

Se5s wrote:oh, what about the celestial animals? they aren't *exactly* normal looking, but only slight coloration differences (obviously not Yu'la ;)
I'm going to allow them, I think (Minus Yu'la, of course). A stylized crane, tiger, and ox fit the theme in my opinion. The only concern I have is that Xu-Fu may be a little OP in this situation, but at the same time it's not like he isn't available to everyone. All the more incentive for folks to finish up the celestial tourney if they haven't eh!

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » July 28th, 2014, 12:12 pm

This sounds so much fun! Makes me wish I was on a US server lol.
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Zavulon
Pet Score:3446
Realm:Blackwater Raiders-us

Post by Zavulon » August 5th, 2014, 11:10 am

Undead: I'm going to allow the diseased squirrels, fawn and bear cub I guess, if folks really want to use them. Seeing as undead take more damage from critters it's probably a bad idea to use em, but hey, it's up to you ;) On second thought, nah, if we saw something like that in real life it'd be an issue. No undead either.

Hmmm, did you know that the the current most common carrier of the plague in the US & Canada is the squirrel? So yes... we actually do see this in real life. As far as diseased deer & bears go, just google them & you can find some really disgusting pictures of live diseased bears & deer... tick infestations... mange... ewwwww!

Tizril

Post by Tizril » August 5th, 2014, 11:26 am

Zavulon wrote:Undead: I'm going to allow the diseased squirrels, fawn and bear cub I guess, if folks really want to use them. Seeing as undead take more damage from critters it's probably a bad idea to use em, but hey, it's up to you ;) On second thought, nah, if we saw something like that in real life it'd be an issue. No undead either.

Hmmm, did you know that the the current most common carrier of the plague in the US & Canada is the squirrel? So yes... we actually do see this in real life. As far as diseased deer & bears go, just google them & you can find some really disgusting pictures of live diseased bears & deer... tick infestations... mange... ewwwww!
Oh I'm not saying it doesn't exist, I'm just saying it's not something you'd *want* to see if you were out on a safari ;)

Jesjbrown
MVP
Pet Score:4219
Realm:Garona-us

Post by Jesjbrown » August 6th, 2014, 8:06 am

Are there ever events for lower level pets? I'm still quite new to the guild/pvp/pet leveling, but could put together a team of level 5-10 pets. Just curious :-) Can't wait to level my pets up enough to participate.

Tizril

Post by Tizril » August 6th, 2014, 8:32 am

Jesjbrown wrote:Are there ever events for lower level pets? I'm still quite new to the guild/pvp/pet leveling, but could put together a team of level 5-10 pets. Just curious :-) Can't wait to level my pets up enough to participate.
Every once in a while we'll have a tournament at level 5, or level 10, but not that often. The problem with it is that there's no way to un-level pets, so we end up having to dramatically limit the pets available for use.

Once you get a few higher pets, it'll be a breeze to level more. If you need any pointers on leveling or team makeup, this guild is definitely the right place to be ;)

Jesjbrown
MVP
Pet Score:4219
Realm:Garona-us

Post by Jesjbrown » August 6th, 2014, 8:35 am

Tizril wrote:
Jesjbrown wrote:Are there ever events for lower level pets? I'm still quite new to the guild/pvp/pet leveling, but could put together a team of level 5-10 pets. Just curious :-) Can't wait to level my pets up enough to participate.
Every once in a while we'll have a tournament at level 5, or level 10, but not that often. The problem with it is that there's no way to un-level pets, so we end up having to dramatically limit the pets available for use.

Once you get a few higher pets, it'll be a breeze to level more. If you need any pointers on leveling or team makeup, this guild is definitely the right place to be ;)

Definitely the right place. Everyone has been so helpful. I'll get some to max soon. :-)

Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Kel » August 6th, 2014, 1:25 pm

Damn, looks like I'm going to miss this one too. I've got a sponsor appearance I have to do Saturday morning, which means I'll be spending my evening getting the car ready to race the following weekend. Maybe next time, again. :cry:
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

Doobjanka
MVP
Pet Score:9260
BattleTag®:Doobjank#1625

Post by Doobjanka » August 9th, 2014, 1:01 pm

I should be on around 8p to help give out prizes! Drag out the contest as long as possible!
Proudly volunteering to this website since 11/09!